• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sounds like all are having a good Saturday. Had to do a bit of work in between prepping ribs which I will be finishing off on the grill in a bit here. DS came home again this weekend to vote since this is his first year he can't do absent ballot. Got some Wiletts and cigar going just waiting for tonight's game.

GO CUBS!

Oops, well life got in the way there for the last week. Looks like I'm 5 pages behind, but I did have a quick glance through. Kudos to those dads who think we're perfectly cool driving minivans. Good thoughts for those on the mend, be it vertical challenges or plumbing problems. Congrats to those whose teams have won/are winning. I was disappointed that the Blue Jays did not get through, but I do agree from a historical perspective, an Indians-Cubs WS is more interesting. Thanks for sharing insight on bourbon (something I must admit I know little about) and crabs (I suppose "thanks for sharing crabs" is not the best statement, but I'm sure you get what I mean :P)

As for me, if you all remember I bought a used car for DD16 last week. I guess all my mental "no accident" vibes went to the car and forgot about our van. Got a call from DW yesterday. She was parking at the mall and hit a concrete post in the parking garage. I thought about being snarky at first and wanted to ask how fast the post was going when it hit her, but she was pretty upset at the time and I thought it wouldn't help. I told her it was OK. Can't say much else about it. I'm sure we've all had those moments where we just shake our head and wonder "how did I manage to do that?" On the up side, nobody was hurt and the damage is not too bad, just deep scratches along the edge of the front bumper.
received_10157625228480076.jpeg
Probably looks worse because of the yellow paint from the post. I'm not bothering to go through insurance since no other vehicle was involved. Maybe not the smartest, but I can't stand seeing them jack up the rates after a claim. My brother does auto body repair and should be able to repaint it for about $500. I did take it to a collision place and it's $1300 for a new bumper or $1200 to repaint there. I don't understand how repainting costs almost as much as a new bumper, but I'll just trust my brother with it. The van is almost 4 years old so not worth sinking too much money into it at this point.

Back at work. My back is... at work.
Should be a slow day. That coupled with pain meds and muscle relaxers should get me through it.

l
Anytime. We just finished dinner and have some leftovers but you would have to fight the college boy for the leftovers and they marked to go back to school with him tomorrow.

How big is he? Does he know any martial arts or anything?

She was parking at the mall and hit a concrete post in the parking garage. I thought about being snarky at first and wanted to ask how fast the post was going when it hit her

Sorry about the van, but... oh, man... would've loved to have heard the conversation if you'd used that line.

I'm not bothering to go through insurance since no other vehicle was involved. Maybe not the smartest, but I can't stand seeing them jack up the rates after a claim. My brother does auto body repair and should be able to repaint it for about $500.

Totally get that.
But I can't help think of....

"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

As a life long Cub fan going to Wrigley as a young kid and throughout my life I cannot explain the joy nor the earth rattling scream let out with that last out! GO CUBS GO!

I don't watch baseball.
Maybe a bit if the Jays are in the playoffs, but that's about it.
But even I was excited about the Cubs winning last night.

I had no idea that they hadn't won since 1908... holy crap!
It's almost certain that no one alive today saw that game.

Happy Sunday morning all. The thermostat reads 64 degrees this AM, and DW is wanting the heat turned on. I of course, would prefer to save money and not turn on the heat until December. UL football dominated with another win yesterday. I'm hoping Jackson will win the Heisman this year, probably the only chance ever UL will have at that. He is a special QB to watch,

Anyone but Liverpool or Spurs is fine.

Ok. Liverpool did look really good in the first half, but West Brom looked better in 2nd after substitutions. I didn't cheer anyone on though.

Probably looks worse because of the yellow paint from the post. I'm not bothering to go through insurance since no other vehicle was involved. Maybe not the smartest, but I can't stand seeing them jack up the rates after a claim. My brother does auto body repair and should be able to repaint it for about $500. I did take it to a collision place and it's $1300 for a new bumper or $1200 to repaint there. I don't understand how repainting costs almost as much as a new bumper, but I'll just trust my brother with it. The van is almost 4 years old so not worth sinking too much money into it at this point.

Sorry to hear abut the vehicle and glad you can get it fixed without going thru insurance company.

As a life long Cub fan going to Wrigley as a young kid and throughout my life I cannot explain the joy nor the earth rattling scream let out with that last out! GO CUBS GO!

Let's all head to TN. Bourbon and cigars on Mike. :lmao:

Congrats to the Cubs, I know it was a moment of happiness and relief for you.

Should be a slow day. That coupled with pain meds and muscle relaxers should get me through it.

Don't you all get sick days or time off in Canada? We can permanently export our two major party political candidates and they work on that issue for you. :sad2:

Morning Guys,

seems like Fall has found us, another cool, damp morning. Playing in our soccer league final this afternoon, hopefully it won't be raining as it should be a balmy 40 degrees. Oh well, we can warm up at the pub after the game.

View attachment 202577

Bummer about the bumper but they kind of look like racing stripes. (If you squint real hard)

Congrats on the win, rooting for them to take it all.

Hope the day goes well.

This guy saw it last time.
IMG_1691.JPG

Clearly our household is Halloween decorating today.

Have a good Sunday all.

Don't you all get sick days or time off in Canada? We can permanently export our two major party political candidates and they work on that issue for you. :sad2:

I had three days off when I threw it out, plus took three sick days.
Felt well enough to give it a go. So here I am.

And please, please, PLEASE! keep your two candidates south of our border.
Actually, I'm thinking you want them south of your Southern border.

Hope the day goes well.

So far, trying to take it easy and it's a nice slow day.

Clearly our household is Halloween decorating today.

Oh? Anything different in that picture from the rest of the year?

Halloween big over there?
Its getting bigger every year, but nothing like the states. More parties than trick or treating. DS's school has a firework night that you can see from our garden, so we tend to have people over and make it a twofer. If you're in London, you're more than welcome. There will be lots of booze.

Oh? Anything different in that picture from the rest of the year?
Ironically, probably less cobwebs.

So this just happened

Congratulations Darcy, Tanya and Declan!
You are going to Disney World!!

Booked for March 4th to 10th at All Star Sports.

Been awhile since I've been there for more than one day so I am looking forward to this big time.

Randall feel free to add this to page one.

Its getting bigger every year, but nothing like the states. More parties than trick or treating. DS's school has a firework night that you can see from our garden, so we tend to have people over and make it a twofer. If you're in London, you're more than welcome. There will be lots of booze.

Here in the colony it is more door to door trick or treating for the kids. Although we have been known to attend the odd adult Halloween party.

We haven't had a trick or treater in years. We live on a dark road that people tend to travel a little to fast on. Just means more candy left over for me.

Nice one! Get going on those ADR's.....

We booked the Quick Service Dining Plan but there will be a couple of ADRs we will make. Crystal Palace and Rose N Crown are traditional places for us.

Declan will turn 16 when we are there so we will let him decide.

Crystal Palace and Rose N Crown are traditional places for us.

We've got Rose and Crown booked for next month. I've been wanting to try it, but never quite got around to it. I'm guessing that, based on it being a regular for you, it's worth the effort?

Morning Guys,

seems like Fall has found us, another cool, damp morning. Playing in our soccer league final this afternoon, hopefully it won't be raining as it should be a balmy 40 degrees. Oh well, we can warm up at the pub after the game.

Good luck on the match. Most importantly, don't hurt anything. You're old and don't heal as fast. :lmao:

This guy saw it last time.
View attachment 202623
all.

:lmao:

DW loves Halloween. We decorate more for Christmas, but Halloween is a close 2nd.

And please, please, PLEASE! keep your two candidates south of our border.
Actually, I'm thinking you want them south of your Southern border.
r?

Yes. That would be something I would vote for.

So this just happened
Booked for March 4th to 10th at All Star Sports.

Congrats on the booking. You should have posted that after your victory in the soccer match. That way, you could feel like an NFL quarterback.

We've got Rose and Crown booked for next month. I've been wanting to try it, but never quite got around to it. I'm guessing that, based on it being a regular for you, it's worth the effort?

We tried it for the first time last trip, so not an annual for us. My plan is to try every restaurant at Epcot WS, and every restaurant at WDW. It was good. I had the Sheppard's Pie, which was good. Via Napoli is still my favorite at Epcot WS. I also really enjoy pizza & beer.

Great food, good drinks, and a great location. If you are there in the evening you can watch Illumination from their private viewing area or in some cases, from your table.

Good luck on the match. Most importantly, don't hurt anything. You're old and don't heal as fast. :lmao:

Congrats on the booking. You should have posted that after your victory in the soccer match. That way, you could feel like an NFL quarterback.

A few beer and a nice soak after the match and I will be good to go for basketball on Thursday.

Forgot all about the QB like announcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter