DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Men,

Going to be another scorcher here today; going to make for a tough soccer game for DS and his team starting at 1. Hopefully by 7 it will be cooler for us old guys.

Have a good one.

Top O the Morning Dads! Celebrating DWs bday has been focus this weekend along with a ton of yard work yesterday. DD heading back to school today and cooking chicken on the grill with Inlaws coming over for dinner is our calm Sunday. Enjoy the day all.
We have fair winds and thats a problem since its hampering wildfire fighting efforts and pushing all the smoke around. Other than that, Happy Saturday! :earboy2:

Sever thunderstorm watch here as well but we don't get tornado warnings thankfully.
Hope no issues from the storms. Flood warnings for here this morning
You probably heard about the changes coming to the parks announced at D23. Star Wars land, Toy Story and further info on Pandora. Some exciting stuff. All I can say is thank you Universal and Harry Potter.
Really cool stuff announced to confirm most of the rumors. Timing is still a question. Read article a little back that the Disney board rejected initial plan / budget for SW Land telling Imagineers not good enough so wonder if the concept art shown yesterday was the re-do.

They said it would take some time. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's going to take at least a month... maybe two... maybe more.

Carl update: He checks out of the hospital today.

ER Update: Spent the day with the Pirate Princess at the ER. She was complaining of Gasto-intestinal pain and thought her appendix was about to explode. No appendix but she has slight fluid buildup in one of her lungs. She is on an anti-inflamitory drug and she needs to follow up with her doctor next week.

Hope you Sunday went better than mine did.

ER Update: Spent the day with the Pirate Princess at the ER. She was complaining of Gasto-intestinal pain and thought her appendix was about to explode. No appendix but she has slight fluid buildup in one of her lungs. She is on an anti-inflamitory drug and she needs to follow up with her doctor next week.

Good news about Carl.

Not so good about the Pirate Princess. Hope everything comes out okay!

Good news about Carl.

Not so good about the Pirate Princess. Hope everything comes out okay!

Thanks. She should bounce back quickly. As the doctor said, nothing catastrophic, just something they need to monitor and fight with drugs. The toughest thing for her is until it clears up, no workouts or running.

Sorry to hear it. Prayers for her. It always stinks when our children are sick. I'm sure that is true regardless of the age.

praying

Morning gents.
I won't say "good" morning. 'cause it ain't.

I will never, ever go to Burger King again.
Swear to God.

Morning Gents!

Hope Carl and the Pirate Princess are doing better today.

Looks like we are stuck in our first heatwave of the summer, another day that will be over 100F with the humidex. It was crazy hot for DS's game yesterday afternoon; a game they came a way with a 2-2 tie and they didn't deserve it. Was a bit cooler for me game (4-0 win) but came away with a slightly pulled calf muscle. Magic bag at the desk this morning to take some swelling down.

Have a good one!

Morning Gents!

Looks like we are stuck in our first heatwave of the summer, another day that will be over 100F with the humidex. It was crazy hot for DS's game yesterday afternoon; a game they came a way with a 2-2 tie and they didn't deserve it. Was a bit cooler for me game (4-0 win) but came away with a slightly pulled calf muscle. Magic bag at the desk this morning to take some swelling down.

Have a good one!

Lucky to come away with the draw is like a win, then.
Pulled calf muscle... that stuff never happened when I was a kid. Must be something in the air these days.

Lucky to come away with the draw is like a win, then.
Pulled calf muscle... that stuff never happened when I was a kid. Must be something in the air these days.

I'm blaming it on our keeper who fell on the back of my leg about 5 minutes before I did it.

‘Morning all…
Schools opened up here today so the traffic got exponentially worse.
Can no longer take our time getting ready in the mornings… oh well.
At least surviving this week will net me some time of next week.
That’s a good thing.

We have fair winds and thats a problem since its hampering wildfire fighting efforts and pushing all the smoke around. Other than that, Happy Saturday! :earboy2:

Welcome Stranger! Congratulations on no longer being a stranger.
Grab a brew and a fist full of bacon and join the conversation.
We’re glad you’re here.

This is a YouTube video from the Dis on the Star Wars announcement. My only question is how long is it going to take to build it?

Interesting stuff…
I’ll miss a few of the things that I suspect this will be displacing, but it won’t be the first time that’s ever happened before, now will it? It’s some nice concept work, but I’m waiting to hear about some of the actual details and get an idea of the time line.

Read article a little back that the Disney board rejected initial plan / budget for SW Land telling Imagineers not good enough so wonder if the concept art shown yesterday was the re-do.

Also interesting…
Might explain why we’re a bit short on specifics.

They said it would take some time. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's going to take at least a month... maybe two... maybe more.

That’s Disney time, right?
Where “months” will be more like “years”.
Once they start closing things down and throw up the construction walls, HS may not be much worth even going to for a good while.

That is good to hear.
May that recovery be faster than the Docs were predicting.

Now cut that out!
That’s not good at all.
Again, may the healing be rapid.

What seems to have caused this, if I may ask?

Morning gents.

I’ve been replacing the “G” word with an apostrophe for quite some time now.
But I’m a bit of a pessimist, so that’s understandable.

May your day improve, sir.

Swear to God.

Just now learning that lesson?
No wonder your Monday has started out poorly.

Good morning all. Another 700 miles of driving this week, and I won't be any closer to WDW. Budget meeting this weekend and we decided to keep the beach trip as opposed to adding a week at WDW.

Sounds like many trips to the toilet were involved. I try to avoid those fast food places as much as possible.

!

Take care of those penguins with all the heat. :lmao:

Hope the injury doesn't last too long. At our age, there really isn't any amount of stretching I can do that will prevent something from being sore. I'm going to install a hot tub and cold water bath at my next house to soak and remove those aches and pains.

Take care of those penguins with all the heat. :lmao:

Hope the injury doesn't last too long. At our age, there really isn't any amount of stretching I can do that will prevent something from being sore. I'm going to install a hot tub and cold water bath at my next house to soak and remove those aches and pains.

upload_2015-8-17_9-57-23.png

I'm blaming it on our keeper who fell on the back of my leg about 5 minutes before I did it.

Always blame everything on the keeper.

Everything.

Once they start closing things down and throw up the construction walls, HS may not be much worth even going to for a good while.

Well, there's still TSMM, RNR and TOT.
Those alone make it worth going to.
But once you're done... oh about an hour after rope drop... then what?
Better get those park hoppers.

Just now learning that lesson?
No wonder your Monday has started out poorly.

"Hey!" Said I, said I. "I haven't been to Burger Thing in a long time. I should go!"

Now I remember why it's been a long time.
I'm praying that it will be a really long time now.
Preferably never.

Sounds like many trips to the toilet were involved. I try to avoid those fast food places as much as possible.

May have been one or two... :rolleyes1

Top O the Morning Dads! Though you may get tired of hearing it, for every weekend that ends and Monday that arrives, we are all one week closer to our next Disney trip be it booked or just in our heads. Be careful out there.

Sorry to hear about PP, trust that she will recover quickly. Thanks for the update on Carl and good to hear he is going back home.
Morning gents.

Swear to God.
Sorry about the start to your day / week.
Morning Gents!

Have a good one!
Soccer and 100+ temps just do not go together - sorry to hear about your injury, we don't seem to recover like we once did from these types of things, wonder why?
‘Morning all…
Schools opened up here today so the traffic got exponentially worse.
Can no longer take our time getting ready in the mornings… oh well.
At least surviving this week will net me some time of next week.
That’s a good thing.
Gotta love when you have some time off around the corner. Doing / going anywhere special?
Interesting stuff…
I’ll miss a few of the things that I suspect this will be displacing, but it won’t be the first time that’s ever happened before, now will it? It’s some nice concept work, but I’m waiting to hear about some of the actual details and get an idea of the time line.

Also interesting…
Might explain why we’re a bit short on specifics.

That’s Disney time, right?
Where “months” will be more like “years”.
I was thinking the same thing about HS being an outright mess for a couple of years. Taking DS down there next year for SW Weekends for his graduation trip and hoping they still have SW weekends. For those that may want a peak into what Toy Story Land is gonna look like, HK DL has one already
https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/rc-racer/

You probably heard about the changes coming to the parks announced at D23. Star Wars land, Toy Story and further info on Pandora. Some exciting stuff. All I can say is thank you Universal and Harry Potter.

Pretty exciting stuff. I can't wait to see how it all turns out, and then complain about the rising ticket prices and crowds. :rotfl:

But surely it'll be in place by Christmas.

Good news for Carl. Not so much for the PP. Hope she's ok.

Swear to God.

"Hey!" Said I, said I. "I haven't been to Burger Thing in a long time. I should go!"

I didn't think anyone ever said that. Shows what I know.

My tuition benefit counts only for the main campus, which is 3.5 hours away. Think that is far enough away?

That is in the magic zone for distance. Close enough that all trips don't have to be overnight; and far enough that they think twice about making it too often.

A very rainy Saturday morning greeting to everyone. We need the rain so I am not complaining but I need to call an audible on what I planed to do today. May you all have sunny skies and fair winds today.
If you get tired of the rain we could use it here, send it on over.
Its been 100+ actual temp for over a week. And haven't even had clouds in almost 2 months.

Universal really put their feet to the fire; watching the coverage from D23 it looks like it will be amazing.

Praying for a quick recovery. Hope there are no long term issues that affect y'alls diving adventures.

Well, there's still TSMM, RNR and TOT.
Those alone make it worth going to.
But once you're done... oh about an hour after rope drop... then what?
Better get those park hoppers.

Add in that once they actually close up the attractions that SW-Land and TS-Land will be replacing, there won't be many other things available to dissipate what crowds do show up. Even at rope drop, Sunset Blvd could become a clogged nightmare.

Now I remember why it's been a long time.
I'm praying that it will be a really long time now.
Preferably never.

But now they've added "Spicy Chicken Fries" to the menu.
now, don't that just sound enticing?

Soccer and 100+ temps just do not go together

100+ ain't particularly compatible with much of anything...
much less a sport that primarily consists of nonstop running.

Gotta love when you have some time off around the corner. Doing / going anywhere special?

If nothing goes wrong between here and there we'll be headed over to the SC coast for a bit.
A little time near my ocean will be a very good thing.

For those that may want a peak into what Toy Story Land is gonna look like, HK DL has one already
https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/rc-racer/

Didn't know they had the little RC-Racer coaster over there.
The "Slinky-Dog" one there planning over here looks a bit more tame.
I suspect it will be somewhere in between the Barnstormer and 7DMT on the thrill scale.
They might surprise me on that though, so we'll see.

Pretty exciting stuff. I can't wait to see how it all turns out, and then complain about the rising ticket prices and crowds. :rotfl:

But of course!
That's our main job 'round here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter