DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon......catching up

The good news keeps rolling along. Dropped the dogs off at the vet for boarding and had him look at the good dog. She has a growth on her upper right lip. He took one look at it and said cancer. Tough decision to make. He can operate but it would involve removing most of the upper lip and she has a high probability that the cancer will come back. Told DD and she is upset, so am I. Right now our thinking is not to have the surgery. We don't want to put her through that. They are doing blood work and we will see what that reveals.

Decided to leave for the World either late tonight or very early in the morning. It is up to Disney to provide some magic while we are there. We both need it.

My Good Girl

Ah man, that really sucks. Sorry for the choices to come and some prayers

I am having a Moosehead (Green as discovered during the closing).

Brent, can we get Moosehead Pale Ale here (aka The Red One)

Maybe its still at the Beer Store..? We had it years ago, mid 2000's but not around since. Didn't take off and they replaced it with the Cracked Canoe

Visit with the in laws was horrible. The levels of stress on the kids was ridiculous. I am at my wits end with these people. Norm, the Makers was put to good yesterday. Thanks again:)

So glad I 1) Get along with in-laws and 2) they never visit, we visit them.

Seems like our clan here has hit a rough spot. I came home from hunting with an obnoxious head\chest cold.
FIL went to the hospital today with a fever.
My oldest DDs BFF introduced her face to the pavement on Friday and ended up having oral surgery Friday night. DD was a complete emotional wreck.

Let's hope some prayers and pixie dust can get our luck to do an about face.

Sending some our way for everyone to recover

Proving once again that we all likes us some numbers and that everything is a competition
(and most of those competitions are pointless at that)...

Here's the stats from DDC-XXXIII

Thanks Rob! You and Randall provide invaluable services

Hey Scott! :3dglasses
I almost forgot how to multi-quote here.... :lmao:

Hi Guys!
I know, it has been a while again. I guess this is my annual update. I retired in January and we spent the winter in Pensacola, FL, at Perdido Key. We also managed our first Disney trip with grandkids in March, staying at ASMu for 3 nights and visiting the AK with our DD, her husband and 2 of our grandkids! This past summer, we purchased a snowbird condo in Cape Canaveral, FL, just a mile from the Port and a mile from the DISboards.com Welcome Center! So, if anyone is thinking of stopping by the Welcome Center, let me know and we might be able to schedule a DIS Dads meet and greet! We do go up to the Port to watch the cruise ships leave at times so we do see the Magic and Dream heading out to sea.
My DW is doing much better here in the warmer weather of the Space Coast and she is now trying to cut down on some of her meds!
We should be here until sometime in May.
:thumbsup2

Wow! Been a long time, Mike! Glad to hear DW is doing better in the FL sunshine. Glad you stopped by!

Wow! I must say how impressed I am by how far and how much this group has grown. I remember responding to the first thread thinking this was a really cool idea this was. I never imagined that it would continue and grow like it has. While I have never been a major participant, I tried to keep up with things for the first few years. Over time, life and other activities have pulled me away from the disboards, but every time I have returned, I have always been surprised with the growth and camaraderie that this group has displayed.

Hey! It's #2!! Welcome back! Must be reunion Tuesday or something. :lmao: Wonder if we can get The Fanatic in here today. lol. Have any trips planned this year?

Hi Guys!
I know, it has been a while again. I guess this is my annual update. I retired in January and we spent the winter in Pensacola, FL, at Perdido Key. We also managed our first Disney trip with grandkids in March, staying at ASMu for 3 nights and visiting the AK with our DD, her husband and 2 of our grandkids! This past summer, we purchased a snowbird condo in Cape Canaveral, FL, just a mile from the Port and a mile from the DISboards.com Welcome Center! So, if anyone is thinking of stopping by the Welcome Center, let me know and we might be able to schedule a DIS Dads meet and greet! We do go up to the Port to watch the cruise ships leave at times so we do see the Magic and Dream heading out to sea.
My DW is doing much better here in the warmer weather of the Space Coast and she is now trying to cut down on some of her meds!

Good to hear you both are doing well

Wow! I must say how impressed I am by how far and how much this group has grown. I remember responding to the first thread thinking this was a really cool idea this was. I never imagined that it would continue and grow like it has. While I have never been a major participant, I tried to keep up with things for the first few years. Over time, life and other activities have pulled me away from the disboards, but every time I have returned, I have always been surprised with the growth and camaraderie that this group has displayed.

Hello to one of the originals!

Hi Guys!

Mike!
Great to hear from you and even better to hear of the good news on the medical front.
Congrats on the retirement and the part time shift to the Space Coast.

We’re planning to catch a ride on the Disney Fantasy in late May.
If I can keep that plan and you’re still down that way I’ll have to buy you a beer before we shove off.
Take care and drop in ‘round here when you can.

Member #2… We’re honored sir.
Thanks for dropping back by and please drop in whenever the mood strikes.

We’ll keep some brews and cold pizza in the fridge for ya’.

So glad I 1) Get along with in-laws and 2) they never visit, we visit them.

Amen and ditto on both of those points.
I’m quite lucky on that subject.

Thanks Rob! You and Randall provide invaluable services

Thanks and you’re welcome.

Hi Guys!

Hello Mike! :wave:

It all sounds good, Thank God!

Hi Ben, welcome back! It's always a good time here in the clubhouse! :thumbsup2

Hey! It's #2!! Welcome back! Must be reunion Tuesday or something. :lmao: Wonder if we can get The Fanatic in here today. lol. Have any trips planned this year?

As a matter of fact we have 3 trips planned for this year. We are going in June for our annual family vacation, then just the wife and I for Food and Wine Festival then again in December to take my in laws and my mother to experience Disney at Christmas. It will have been 2 years since we have been to the World and we are really feeling deprived!

As a matter of fact we have 3 trips planned for this year. We are going in June for our annual family vacation, then just the wife and I for Food and Wine Festival then again in December to take my in laws and my mother to experience Disney at Christmas. It will have been 2 years since we have been to the World and we are really feeling deprived!

Definitely sounds like you are making up for lost time! Sounds like a lot of fun ahead of you.

The image is blocked at work, but I expect it's beautiful, topless women on a FL beach and you are somehow complaining about it.

You are way off...it's a pic of a guy in a speedo.
Probably for the best that it was blocked. :lmao:

Guess where I landed this afternoon?

A magical place :wizard:

BTW... I just noticed your tag! Too funny that I remember when you said that to me! :lmao:

Sorry to hear about the good dog. Tough choice ahead.

Hey Don!! Good to see you around.

What to my wondering eyes should appear... it must be St Nick! Hey! How's it going up there in the North?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey Don!! Good to see you around.

Haha! You are STILL using the old, banned DDC logo... you rebel :stir:

Anyone remember this version:
DDC%2520Decal%25201%2520Small.png

Home from the final Elementary School performance. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi Ben, welcome back! It's always a good time here in the clubhouse! :thumbsup2

No member # greetings? Or, is it only one joke member drive per day? :lmao:

Guess where I landed this afternoon?
]

A bar in DisneyWorld? :thumbsup2

Do you add anything personal in places other than the 1st page? :confused3
:

That's kinda personal, isn't it?

Or a picture of someone naked in the snow covered with a bacon towel. :scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1:

That always makes me laugh, Randall! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey Don. Good to hear from you. I liked that old logo as well.

Hi Guys!
I know, it has been a while again. I guess this is my annual update. I retired in January and we spent the winter in Pensacola, FL, at Perdido Key.

Glad to hear about the update and that your DW is doing better.

WOW!!! #2? Thanks for stopping by.

Member #2… We’re honored sir.
Thanks for dropping back by and please drop in whenever the mood strikes.

We’ll keep some brews and cold pizza in the fridge for ya’.

That's a nice thought but he knows better than to think we would leave beer or food in the place when we close up each night.

Hi Guys!
Thanks for stopping back in and glad to hear that DW is doing better and it sounds like you are enjoying retirement & family :thumbsup2

#2! Thanks for starting up this little corner tavern and for stopping back in to say hello.

To the both of you gentlemen, cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter