DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

I won't make you wait, I booked a b2b on the oasis for October of 2017. i'm jumping ship for a second year in a row. lol. sorry, just had to toss it into the mix.

I hope the dates come out soon for everyone, I know its an exciting time. book as soon as you can for the lowest rates and dcl is a great cruise line to book with. we have had some great sailings with them. :earsgirl::earsboy:
We jumped ship this year so your not alone. Im waiting to see the TA prices next year. Those are usually decent.There's also a repo out of Galveston in Jan I know I'll get a discount on. I would love to sail on the Fantasy again, but cant justify full price on it. Waiting for the 60 day out discounts works better for me. Great price drop on the Iceland cruise in June, but we already have other plans.

We jumped ship this year so your not alone. Im waiting to see the TA prices next year. Those are usually decent.There's also a repo out of Galveston in Jan I know I'll get a discount on. I would love to sail on the Fantasy again, but cant justify full price on it. Waiting for the 60 day out discounts works better for me. Great price drop on the Iceland cruise in June, but we already have other plans.

Yep that's a great price for the June 17th Iceland and Norway cruise.

Remember back in the day when all the talk on the boards was that when Disney released their two new ships prices would level off and maybe go down. Ah, yeah, that's a big no. So I have no expectations that when their NEXT two ships come out the prices will come into a reasonable standard either. Read an article not too long ago about how many families are "jumping ship" to other cruiselines because they can't afford Disney anymore. The writer actually used the term "Disney is pricing themselves right out of the market" (*shrug*).

Anyone hear any rumors about where they might go -- or is the same old itineraries for the ships?

I love Disney, but as you can see from our cruising list below, we jumped to other cruise lines many times. Pricing was half of Disney for a verandah room. Sure, there's no characters, but there were kids' clubs and pools and everything else, including a library. As we get older, we just can't justify Disney's prices. I'm hoping to take advantage of those 60-day out discounts when I retire.

Price is really difficult - it is not even the justification, it is just too expensive - full stop.

Price is really difficult - it is not even the justification, it is just too expensive - full stop.

And Disney doesn't even have the sales and special offers and discounts that all the other cruise lines offer -- ever. Except for those last minute GTY cabins, which many can't do because then airfare is too high! We've gotten some pretty sweet deals on other cruise lines, including drink packages, free specialty dining and 2nd and 3rd passenger discounts, free parking, air discounts, etc.! Heck, I don't even care about Disney having sales -- I'd just be thrilled if their prices were from the world of realistic living!

I love Disney, but as you can see from our cruising list below, we jumped to other cruise lines many times. Pricing was half of Disney for a verandah room. Sure, there's no characters, but there were kids' clubs and pools and everything else, including a library. As we get older, we just can't justify Disney's prices. I'm hoping to take advantage of those 60-day out discounts when I retire.

What did you think of the Royal Princess? I have looked at pictures and kind of fell in love with the design of this ship. And they do lots of interesting European itineraries during the summer with Royal and Regal.

that's the one cruise I would LOVE to do. I to am waiting to see the prices and maybe, just maybe, we will do that one. of course dh has to retire first but he swears he will retire at the end of the year.......something he has sworn would happen for the last few years. fingers crossed.

that's the one cruise I would LOVE to do. I to am waiting to see the prices and maybe, just maybe, we will do that one. of course dh has to retire first but he swears he will retire at the end of the year.......something he has sworn would happen for the last few years. fingers crossed.

If you book the cruise, that's one more reason for your DH to retire. :yay:

What did you think of the Royal Princess? I have looked at pictures and kind of fell in love with the design of this ship. And they do lots of interesting European itineraries during the summer with Royal and Regal.

Absolutely one of our favorite ships (right behind the Dream/Fantasy) and favorite cruises. It was our first Princess cruise and we did the 12-night British Isles cruise. It was amazing. Their excursions were some of the best we've had right behind HAL's in Alaska. The ship itself was gorgeous and one of the very biggest we've sailed to date (although our trip in October on NCL Breakaway will beat that one). If you book that itinerary, I can't recommend highly enough that you pick the one that stops at Liverpool. And if you need a suggestion about the independent tour we took, let me know. They were hands above anything Princess offered and covered every Beatles spot and gave us plenty of time to see everything. If you have any questions or want details, please PM me and I'll be glad to answer anything.

I have also jumped ship to RCCL for the first time and have booked the Oasis of the Seas for December 2017.
Will wait and see what Disney pricing is like once they finally release their schedule, but I am guessing we will be saving money by going with RCCL.
Oasis looks like it has lots to keep us all entertained as well.
I am a bit sad to leave Disney but if it comes down to thousands of dollars difference then RCCL wins.

I have also jumped ship to RCCL for the first time and have booked the Oasis of the Seas for December 2017.

We jumped ship to RCCL as well for next February on the Anthem of the Seas. 7 night balcony for $2000, as opposed to anywhere from $3500-$4500 on DCL.

Will wait and see what Disney pricing is like once they finally release their schedule, but I am guessing we will be saving money by going with RCCL.
Oasis looks like it has lots to keep us all entertained as well.
I am a bit sad to leave Disney but if it comes down to thousands of dollars difference then RCCL wins.

We sailed Oasis first (Big gathering of OH's family) and then Fantasy- in all honesty we put the cruises the same- there were things about each we loved (Oasis- flow riders, hairspray show, ice show, our dining room staff, our park balcony at night, DD loved the clubs) and Fantasy (FEers, Palo, CC) - they are different, but that's what we loved about them.

Unfortunately for us also, we are priced out of DCL- with the exchange from Canadian, we just can't pay 2-3x more...we'd rather have a longer/more vacations.

RCCL also quotes and charges us in Canadian dollars.
That is very important with the dollar the way it is.
We can also phone and buy onboard credit in Canadian dollars that becomes USD on the ship at a much better exchange rate than the market.

We jumped ship to RCCL as well for next February on the Anthem of the Seas. 7 night balcony for $2000, as opposed to anywhere from $3500-$4500 on DCL.
Can't find that cruise?

Oh out of New Jersey?

Did you watch the news this year?

Good luck with that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter