DCL Strollers.. Fit under bed (Fantasy)

Piecey

<font color=darkorchid>I find myself fighting with
Do the strollers you borrow from DCL fold up and fit under the bed?

We will be traveling with DS 3 & DS 22 months.

We will be bringing our Maclaren double which I've read will definitely fit under the bed. I don't really want to use it on board, but mostly to navigate the airports.

Our youngest will still sleep in a stroller, so I'd really like to borrow one from DCL if I can stash it under the bed too. That way we could hang out on deck or explore the ship while he's napping.

But with the double, suitcases and a crib in the room I'm worried about space. We will be in a 4E.

Anyone know?
TIA :)

Not sure how much luggage you have with you but it should fit. It really depends on how you want to manage it. The fantasy is nice because stuff will actually fit under the bed. We fit 3 hard suitcases under there with our stroller and a couple smaller items on the MV. One thing to consider is that depending on how big each item is you may also be able to store it vertically in the closet. We don't usually bring a whole lot of garments that we hang so that space if often unused for us. The crib that the ship provides is a Graco pack and play so when it is not in use it folds up and is stored vertically in a corner, unless you want it open all the time.

Do the strollers you borrow from DCL fold up and fit under the bed?

Did not know you could borrow stollers from DCL - how do you arrange that?

On the Wonder and I assume it's the same on all the ships, you just go to Guest Service and ask for one. They will put a hold of $250 on your account until you bring it back, but so long as you don't break it it's free.

It's really convenient and we were happy to have one to borrow instead of bringing our own.

Do you remember what kind of stroller it was? Considering packing our double but may want a single on board. Thanks!

Do you remember what kind of stroller it was? Considering packing our double but may want a single on board. Thanks!

Again, this was the on the Wonder, but it was a three-wheel jogger. We borrowed two in lieu of our double and it worked out well for us. We also used the wagons on CC and loved that option. All three of our kids fit in one!

Wonderful!!! That would be even better. Was thinking of doing the CC 5K but don't have a jogger for the baby. And if DH does it we would need one for my oldest too. Thank you!

The brand is baby jogger, and I can't remember if it is the city mini or the city elite. They are three wheeled but not true jogging strollers. Maybe a slow paced short jog, but not one I would jog with for a great distance. It's a pretty common stroller so you can probably look at one in your local baby store.

This is just my opinion, but I can't imagine using a double stroller on the ship, at least not a side by side. The stateroom hallways are a tight fit and if anything is in the hall or people are walking by at the same time, it might be difficult. I used one of the DCL strollers last Sept for our then 5 month old. I personally didn't care for it at all (but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion). I found it hard to navigate and even went back to trade out for a second one which I didn't find was much better. Again, I've heard almost NO compalints about them though. Anyways, I'd suggest either using an umbrella stroller or using a DCL one. I don't know if they have a double, never saw any and I'd really think they likely don't just because of the narrow spaces in some areas. Again, just my thoughts and opinions :goodvibes

If you check out a stroller at GS, can you take it off the boat to use it at ports besides CC? Going to WDW for an excursion so that would save about $30 at the parks!

This is just my opinion, but I can't imagine using a double stroller on the ship, at least not a side by side. The stateroom hallways are a tight fit and if anything is in the hall or people are walking by at the same time, it might be difficult. I used one of the DCL strollers last Sept for our then 5 month old. I personally didn't care for it at all (but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion). I found it hard to navigate and even went back to trade out for a second one which I didn't find was much better. Again, I've heard almost NO compalints about them though. Anyways, I'd suggest either using an umbrella stroller or using a DCL one. I don't know if they have a double, never saw any and I'd really think they likely don't just because of the narrow spaces in some areas. Again, just my thoughts and opinions :goodvibes

I was not impressed with the strollers to borrow on DCL. I think ours was a Peg Perego 3 wheeled style jogger and it was awful. The first stroller was actually broken and someone (guest or CM) had used the seat belt to suspend the back of the seat. So not only was there not only was there no usable seat belt, but the back was precariously attached to the frame. The second stroller was in better condition, but the steering was so poor that I kept having to pick it up to fix the front wheel.

We ended up just using our double for the airport and excursions (we use a Jeep Double Umbrella for our travel stroller) and just not using a stroller on board. Only once, the kids fell asleep at port and we wheeled them up to the pool deck to get lunch while they snoozed.

Just a tip for all stroller users and those who use wheelchairs, scooters, etc...at peek times it was almost impossible to find an empty enough elevator to fit our double umbrella (which is the size of a wheelchair), We found that if everyone was going down and we pressed the "up" button, we would get an empty (or emptier) elevator, ride to the top and then go down to our destination! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter