DCL Shampoo, Conditioner and Lotions

ptcbass

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we have only been on one cruise. We love the H2O products and were only on a 3 night cruise so I would take the little bottles (if we didn't use it all) and hope they would replace it so I would have some to take home. Our room host didn't replace it but one time (even if the bottles left only had a tiny bit in them). Do they have a limit on how many they are supposed to leave you during your stay? I am hoping to bring back some from our upcoming 7 night cruise.

We left a note asking for more because our host didn't replace them. Just a side note, you should check Marshalls periodically...they have tons of H2O products at times, for literally about 20% of the cost.

I ended up buying some on Amazon but my DH loves it and won't hardly use it because of what it cost. He would die if he knew what I spent on some of my hair care products. :laughing: I just think he thinks he got away with something if he can bring a couple of little bottles home. I guess it truly is the little things that make us happy. :goodvibes

I like to use the samples to help remind me of our trip, especially hand lotion. It's very relaxing to put some on at work when a co-worker or my boss is being a pain, and think about sitting on the beach at Castaway Cay.

I like to use the samples to help remind me of our trip, especially hand lotion. It's very relaxing to put some on at work when a co-worker or my boss is being a pain, and think about sitting on the beach at Castaway Cay.

Yes! Me too! I carry it in my purse and one tube has lasted me a long time even though my co workers and boss annoy me EVERY day! haha ::yes::

your room host normally tries to find you on the first day and will ask if there are any special request. tell him/her at that time that you would like extra left and he will make sure you get it. on our last b2b cruise (14 days) the room host left full ones twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. i just kept throwing it in the drawer. i finally had to tell him we had enough, thanks. we came home with 30 of each.
just as an fyi and for full disclosure, we always give the room host a small tip when he comes on the first day. not sure if that helps but we always come home with tons of it.

Yes! Me too! I carry it in my purse and one tube has lasted me a long time even though my co workers and boss annoy me EVERY day! haha ::yes::

Exactly! I have one on my desk and when I am feeling low or stressed, I put some of it on my (always dry) hands and have a smile on my face!!

I can't wait to have this great product! When we were a cruise in 2011, our freebies were
no where a good as the stuff a friend of mine received on her cruise:flower: pixiedust:

If your host isn't replacing them, just leave them a note and they will. We go through a lot (my DD has long/thick hair) and I like to have a few to bring home. We had more than enough extras after our last cruise. I also like to use them when I need to remember the cruise...or when I travel to a non-Disney resort when I don't know if I will like the ones they provide. :-)

I have also found H2O products on clearance at Ulta and Kohls. Specifically the great big bottles of shower gel. It's not the same scent that they have on board, but it's pretty close.

We have always had plenty to take home! Our hosts have always left new ones every day. Maybe we have just been really lucky? You can always ask. We needed to ask once for soap (there are 6 of us, a bar of soap doesn't last long). They are more then happy to give you what you ask for .

We had plenty, but I went through a lot of the shampoo -- long and thick hair. So I think we may have asked our stateroom host early on. He was happy to help. We loved our host, even though we only saw him a few times. I wish there was a way to request the same host on our next cruise (I mean, assuming he's still there), the way some people request servers.

Generally if you are nice to your cabin steward and ask them, they will get you more. Last February I was storing them up to take with me on my Alaska cruise knowing that HAL uses Elemis stuff and that tends to make me itchy. He noticed I was limiting my use early on and asked if there was anything he could do. When I explained, he nodded and asked how many days. That evening I had a little bag with enough soap, shampoo, and conditioner for my whole trip plus extra in the bathroom.

your room host normally tries to find you on the first day and will ask if there are any special request. tell him/her at that time that you would like extra left and he will make sure you get it. on our last b2b cruise (14 days) the room host left full ones twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. i just kept throwing it in the drawer. i finally had to tell him we had enough, thanks. we came home with 30 of each.
just as an fyi and for full disclosure, we always give the room host a small tip when he comes on the first day. not sure if that helps but we always come home with tons of it.

Just curious as to how much of a small tip ? Sounds like a good idea

We will mention if we want extra or if the current supply isn't quite enough. I have longer hair but I don't use the shampoo. Lotion??? I butter-up head to toe at least twice daily, sometimes 3x. Those tubes don't have a prayer of lasting me all day. So I make it a point to mention I use a lot of lotion and ask for plenty. I've never been let down.

Ooooooh....trip to Disneyland a little over a week ago. Stayed at the Grand Californian for the first time. Was thrilled beyond words at the same shampoo, conditioner, lotion, AND the solar gel being the in-room toiletries. A little bit smaller sizes but it was the same stuff. Talk about feeling like I had come HOME! BUT, wanted to mention to my fellow H2O fans! They left little tubes of a soothing mint foot cream, too. This stuff was great for my aching hoofs! Very softening. Definitely soothing to slather my tootsies with before bed. If you spot this stuff in stores, give it a whirl!

So good to hear that they don't mind leaving you a few extras. I don't plan on coming home with 30 bottles or anything :bitelip: but a few extras would be nice. Thanks everyone!! :thumbsup2

I don't know which ones are on DCL now but last year I got a huge bottle of the blue shower gel (that used to be used at the Disney resorts) at Kohl's for $4! I had a 20% off and a $10 Kohl's cash, but still! That thing is still going strong. I think the retail was $18 so much cheaper than ordering it from Disney or buying in the Disney shops.
Daisyx3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter