• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Little Known Secrets?

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
Hey there....just thought it would be fun to see what people think are some of the coolest little known secrets about cruising on DCL. Special perks, fun surprises, etc. Can't wait to see what people say!

Hey there....just thought it would be fun to see what people think are some of the coolest little known secrets about cruising on DCL. Special perks, fun surprises, etc. Can't wait to see what people say!
This actually applies to all cruise lines but...........spending quality time with your family without everyone having their noses buried in their phones the entire trip!! Also, being able to completely relax because of no news or internet, it's like the world just stops while I'm on a ship.

This actually applies to all cruise lines but...........spending quality time with your family without everyone having their noses buried in their phones the entire trip!! Also, being able to completely relax because of no news or internet, it's like the world just stops while I'm on a ship.

Amen!

Of course then sometimes you come back and the world has collectively lost its mind over chasing little virtual critters all over the place...:rolleyes:

Yep - I had 12 glorious nights in the Med (and a couple before that in Barcelona) completely cut off from the world and came back to Pokemon. I have never wanted to hop back on a ship so fast in my life!! :music: :music:

Amen!

Of course then sometimes you come back and the world has collectively lost its mind over chasing little virtual critters all over the place...:rolleyes:

Yep - I had 12 glorious nights in the Med (and a couple before that in Barcelona) completely cut off from the world and came back to Pokemon. I have never wanted to hop back on a ship so fast in my life!! :music: :music:
Do you know, sadly, someone reported over on a Carnival board that they were able to catch some of those little critters while on their cruise. :(

The "secret" verandah rooms (verandah rooms at a navigator's verandah price), the "secret" back decks on the Wonder and Magic on decks 7 and 8, and the ability to be anywhere on the ship at any time and possibly bump into a character on their way to and fro!

The "secret" verandah rooms (verandah rooms at a navigator's verandah price), the "secret" back decks on the Wonder and Magic on decks 7 and 8, and the ability to be anywhere on the ship at any time and possibly bump into a character on their way to and fro!

Unfortunately no longer applicable to the Magic since the drydock a couple years ago.

NOOOOOO -- they actually took them away? Why? What is there instead? :faint:

I recall reading the space was repurposed for the new infrastructure related to the pool deck additions (AquaDunk, etc). Can't remember where I read it, but I do know the space isn't open to guests anymore. Here's hoping it remains on the Wonder at least!

Secret about cruising on Dream/Fantasy: The stateroom 9670 was a former handicapped room reassigned 5E... Only downside is 1 bathroom (big) with shower only. Otherwise, the cabin is huge (unfortunately can't find my pix at the moment) and the verandah (aft and a little bit starboard as well) is GIGANTIC. Almost feels like having your own private deck.

12342729_10153795922549252_7139586375251227999_n.jpg

Last edited:

Any stateroom numbers that you could provide for the Fantasy that are secret verandah rooms at the navigator price??

On our last cruise on the Magic I went down to deck 4 to use the walking track (three times around is a mile). The track takes you by some areas that are behind the scenes and are meant more for crew members. We were able to see one of the ships big yellow anchors up close and some other items being painted.

This one isn't really secret or a surprise but more of a fun thing to do. Check out the round window seats near the bars on deck 3. They have cushioning in them so they're very comfortable and it's fun to sit there for a bit and watch the waves rolling by while you sail.

Any stateroom numbers that you could provide for the Fantasy that are secret verandah rooms at the navigator price??

To be honest I think that those are only on the older ships, but someone may know more. I've never seen the new ships mentioned when they refer to it. http://www.disneycruiser.info/obstruct.htm

This one also only mentions the older ships: http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-c...ine-planning-advice-tips-and-tricks/#verandah

We got our favorite one again for the WBTA next year.

These are great guys! Keep it coming. I think one of my favorite "secrets" is the secret entrance to the Teen Club on the Magic. They have some pretty cool ways of making the smallest things fun. The other is the free Mickey Ice Cream bars from Room Service that aren't on the room service menu....but they aren't very secret anymore. LOL

Our "secret" tradition on every Disney cruise is room service for dinner one night and movie watching in room. Confuses the heck out of our room steward, but no dressing up, no table manners, just chilling......

I am looking forward to the room service mickey bars! My friend just got back from a DC and said her husband ordered one very night!

The forward cabins with sloped walls have extra floor space - perfect for little ones to play and not bang their heads. Makes the cabin feel roomy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter