DCA Food & Wine Festival 2022 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

I was able to get the Wine (McBride Sisters) and Mixology (Portuguese Bend Distillers) sessions for Sunday April 24th! We will miss out on the Somm Series or Winemaker receptions as we arrive on the 22nd, but I'm happy to get the Mixology and Tastings. It's going to be a wet Sunday for us...:) Good luck to all and see some of you there on the 24th of April!
and the bonus...Soarin Over California....
Mike

i booked a quick solo trip the last few days of the festival and got my park reservations made. So excited!

Got our winemaker reception/ tasting tix that we wanted...always enjoy these events!

Silly question, but since they are receptions, I assume you stand the entire time?
Not silly at all! First time we’re doing a winemaker reception, so don’t know on that. My guess is that they will have lounge style seating. For the wine tasting at Sonoma Terrace, you have your own table.

Does anyone know the price of the Sip and Savor Pass? The VISA advertisement indicated there is a $5 discount on the pass when using the card, but I could not find the actual cost of the pass anywhere.

Does anyone know the price of the Sip and Savor Pass? The VISA advertisement indicated there is a $5 discount on the pass when using the card, but I could not find the actual cost of the pass anywhere.

I was thinking about this, until I see the menu's and with picky family members... not sure it would be worth it..
So, because of your allergies, you'd probably be best advised to avoid the food booths. As of late, they have taken a hard line on modifying food items in ANY way and have told me flat out "if you have any food allergies, we don't advise purchasing any of the items offered if you can't make a determination that they are safe from the menu description." This issue came up over the holiday festival when my son wanted the hot cocoa macaron and I asked for them to simply NOT sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top. He has a sensitivity to mint (not an allergy, it just causes a burning sensation in his mouth that is unpleasant). It was a WHOLE THING, and required asking 2 people and them "making an exception this ONE time." Their line was "the chefs will not allow us to make any modifications to how the food is presented." It honestly rubbed me the wrong way and I wrote in to share my thoughts on how unreasonable this new policy was. I received a response that they would share my feedback with management. It costs them NOTHING to leave off an ingredient while prepping a dish.

The point is, if there is an item that you think is safe, but it has something as minor as a pepper on top, they will literally not just leave off the pepper for you to make the item safe (and I'm talking about things they add before handing you the item, not stuff "cooked in."). They like to put jalapenos on a lot of food items.

As for the beer question, the answer is absolutely YES! There is sometimes more beer than wine options. There is usually an entire beer garden near Paradise Garden Grill. Beer is extremely popular in California, in particular local breweries. Several booths will have beer tasting flights as well. It sounds like your husband likes lagers and pilsners. Unfortunately for him, IPAs, Ales and Stouts rule in the local brewery scene. The majority of beer selections will be these varieties. There will be some lighter options like pilsners and lagers, but they won't be prominent at the booths. They use those to showcase the signature offerings from CA brewhouse. I expect to see a fair amount of hard seltzers on offer this year due to the popularity of those. Brewery X should also feature prominently, as a rising Anaheim brewery and they DO offer lighter lagers and pilsners in addition to EXCELLENT hard seltzers. I know you said your husband doesn't like "fruity" beers, and by that I suspect you mean beers like Blue Moon (wheat beers, which tend to have citrus profiles). However, I HIGHLY recommend he try some of the seltzers offered by Brewery X. They are NOT sweet or overly fruity and are honestly the only hard seltzers that my beer loving husband will drink. They are fantastic! Brewery X is a newcomer to DLR but they have had offerings at the parks both on a permanent basis (Sonoma Terrace and Hollywood Lounge) as well as have been featured in all the recent festivals.

Thanks for the info...

At the last food and wine at Epcot... We did hear at a couple of the booths, that there were no substitutions, or as it was mixed in with the dish there was no way to change it.... but, if it was a stand alone item then they could leave it off...

We had thought about the sip and savor pass or whatever its called, I don't think that will be something that we will even look at now... with only 12 booths, and alot of options being not in our wheel house we most likely will skip it... We might try some of the adult beverages tho...

Last edited:
Am I going crazy or did I see somewhere that 2020 Sip n Savor passes can be used at this year’s festival. I have 2 passes I keep forgetting to mail in but now we will be there during the festival so it would be convenient if I could just use them…

Am I going crazy or did I see somewhere that 2020 Sip n Savor passes can be used at this year’s festival. I have 2 passes I keep forgetting to mail in but now we will be there during the festival so it would be convenient if I could just use them…

You're not crazy. I saw people using Sip N Savor passes from 2020 Food & Wine during Christmas and Lunar New Year. I assume they will still be usable for Food and Wine 2022.

What is the cost of the Sip and Savor pass?
I dont think prices have been released yet. One website I follow *thinks* they will be $57 or $52 with disney visa/magic key discount. But that's not official.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter