DC & Entertainment Card?

f-LORI-da

Mouseketeer
I'm confused:confused: I've been reading posts about various rates scored using the DC card with the Entertainment logo on it. What confuses me is that I could swear I read somewhere that you could use the DC card as an Entertainment card on hotels everywhere except Orlando? I'd like to try and book a room this way, but I don't want to go to check in, and have them say, "Oh, that card isn't accepted here." Sorry if this has been answered before, but could someone clear this up for me? :confused:

You are correct - the Disney Club card can be used as an Entertainment card for hotels - but NOT in the WDW and Orlando areas. The Swan/Dolphin are the exception.

Thanks, Nancy for the quick and concise reply. I thought that was the deal. I was beginning to think I was hallucinating... you know, from all the pixie dust;) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Wow, thanks! I had heard you could interchange them, now I know for sure. I had both cards, but I could have swore a few months back somebody said you could. I am so sorry for posting mis-information.

So, if you are staying in an Orlando/Kissimmee area hotel, the entertainment logo will work on your DC card? I have both, but I was thinking of just getting a DC card next year instead of both.

Sorry for being confused, but the way I had read it a few months back is that the DC card would not get you the local Orlando discounts, like restaurants, etc unless you had an Orlando entertainment book/card, but for national vendors, like hotel chains, you could use your DC card, since it has the entertainment logo on the back.

Anybody have experience with this?

You should've received a Travel America at Half Price book with your Disney Club membership, listing hotels that have an Entertainment rate. There are NO hotels listed in either the Orlando, FL or Anaheim, CA area in that book. The Swan and Dolphin are the exception, because the resort chooses to give a 50% discount to Disney Club members. If other hotels in the WDW area accept the Disney Club card for the Entertainment discount - that's their prerogative. The Universal Studios hotels (Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, and Royal Pacific Hotel) definitely require the Entertainment card, not the Disney Club card.

In January I booked 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird on the Entertainment Card for early August. When I read about not using the DC /Entertainment logo at Orlando area hotels, I called the hotel. The reservation person told me the DC card logo would be fine. But when the Entertainment books went on sale for $5.00, I got one just to relieve my own nerves about the thing. So I guess you could call the hotel directly to ask about your DC card logo--just be sure to speak to someone with the authority to give you an answer (I didn't do that and so remained a little nervous about it until I got the Orlando book).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter