DC and Magazine

grover

DIS Veteran
My Disney Club detail book says that I will receive the Disney magazine as part of the membership. We joined in March/02, when should I expect my first magazine??

Grover in Winnipeg
:D

Grover: Our DC membership expired early this year. Then when I found out that we would be able to go this May, I renewed. This was in mid Apr. When we returned from our trip in Mid May (yep...still doing laundry from our trip) there was the spring AND summer issue waiting in our mailbox.

Grover: I just noticed that you're in Canada. I don't know if that might make a difference. We became members of the Ontario Science Center when we visited a couple of years ago. I have noticed on their bulk mailings (magazines and such) that we receive them much later.:confused:

Grover,

I am in Canada and joined the club in March as well. I have not receive any magazine from the Club, only the Member's Guide.

You'll get one when the next one is shipped. It seems like it's been a while since the last one came out, so I wouldn't expect it to be too long, but keep in mind it's a 4-times-a-year magazine. Magazine subscriptions virtually always start when the next one is printed and shipped because they can be shipped much cheaper, using a bulk rate, from the printer. I used to work at a magazine, and it cost us $2 extra to send a back issue from our office.

I joined in January of this year. I received my spring edition in March I think. But the funny thing is about two-three weeks after I got my spring copy, I also received a winter edition from 2001.

Grover-
You may want to call DC and ask when you can expect your first issue. They may just send you the spring issue even though the bulk mailing went out a few months ago. Its a nice issue on the theme parks. I did just this when I joined in Oct. and they sent me the fall issue even though I was slated to get the next issue - winter.

BTW, I have not received a summer issue yet either.

I received the summer issue this past Wednesday. If it doesn't come in the next week, I would call.

We received the Summer issue on Thursday (May 16), so it should be on its way.

Call, grover, call. I had a subscription to The Disney Magazine while I was between DC subscriptions, so when I still got the magazine after I became a DisneyClub member, again, I assumed that it was my DC magazine-until I got a renewal notice. It seems DC had never started my Disney Magazine subscription. I called and they sent all the missed magazines for the year. I don't think that I have the summer one yet.

I joined the DC in March also and have yet to recieve a magazine. I was told by a cast member that they are out of the spring ones and as soon as the summer ones are sent, we will get one of those. Can't wait!!!

I just received the summer issue last week as well (look for Lilo & Stitch).

Hi Grover,

I am in Canada as well, and the last issue that I have received is the Spring 2002 - I have yet to receive my summer issue!

Good Luck & Happy Disney Reading !

having a disney day..........

I just got off the phone with the DC Mag customer service. I told them I had not rec'd my Summer 02 yet. She was very nice & said that I should have had it by now & will send me a new one. She also said that the Summer should have been rec'd by May 10th, the Fall should be here by Aug 8th and the Winter by Nov 9th. She did not say the Spring date but going by these dates I would say Feb 9th give or take a day. Hope this helps everyone..... Oh the number to call is... 800-333-8734

Thanks for all the info- you guys are great!
Have a disney day!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter