• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 4-Wolfgang Pucks and CS comments

marksmith

Mouseketeer
Thursday-4/12-first a few counter service comments: We seldom sit down for breakfast or lunch, so a quick bite at the parks or resort will have to do. I am happy to report that im my opinion the quality of CS meals at WDW has improved to an above average level.

We ate at Pizzafari, Sunshine Seasons food fair, and Columbia Harbor House-All were pretty food with the fish at Columbia becoming a fast favorite. Also, I must report the food at Capt. Cooks was actually very good-stirfry noodles, club and pork sandwiches all very good.And the baked goods at the Poly in general all very good. Really no complaints for CS stops for the first time ever.

Wolfgang Pucks Cafe- Downtown Disney: Let me first say that while many people love DD, We find it very inconvient from the monorail resorts and parks(and expensive if going by taxi); unless going to Circus Solei, not worth it for our family.

Onto the food-always wanted to try Pucks and immediately felt comfortable in the upscale casual atmosphere. Started with the wine list which was somewhat blah and settled on an overprices Cambria Chard. DW had an average mixed green salad and I a really nice lamb curry soup. Service seemed a bit uneven, which is something I dont usually comment on with WDW restaurants unless very agregious. Not terrible here so lets press on.

Entrees were Cheeze ravioli for DD-liked it; DW had macadamia crusted chicken(not Wolfgangs recipe, but the resident chefs we were told) actually very good for a chicken dish. I had the deluxe chefs sushi/sashimi sampler which was fine. Ended sharing a nondescript key lime pie.

In summary, not a bad meal and if DD is on your agenda Pucks is worth a try. Probably not a repeat visit for us though. Next installment O'hana character breakfast and Le Cellier.

we probably wouldn't go out of our way for wolfgang puck's either, but since we usually go to DTD once or twice during a trip, we will be making a pit stop there (butternut squash soup, here i come!) - thanks for sharing

Just as a side note; Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD for CS is AWESOME! You should try that in DTD sometime. We love all of our dishes there. All 4 of us!

Thanks for the reviews. We eat a lot of CS on our WDW trips, and we agree that the CS meals are above average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter