Day 2: Crystal Palace

tgrundy

Mouseketeer
We had reservations for 6 pm. When we got in line they told us that they had been having difficulties with the kitchen and had been closed since 10am. They were telling everyone to go to The Liberty Tree, but miraclulously someone came to the window to tell the girl to start letting people in, so we were the first ones in the door.

The buffet was ok-good.

I had the edemame salad, good.
garlic mashed potatoes: Taste- good texture- glue - bad
ancho chile rubbed salmon- ok, the first time I'v tried salmon. I like fish, but this was too fishy even for me.
key lime pie- good
Cinnamon apple cobbler- good

My DH had the prime rib- he said excellent
we both had the mixed field greens salad I had the zinfindel vinegarette - good

This was a character dinner. We were visited by Tigger, Eeyore, Pooh and Piglet. My children were happy to see them and have there picture taken with them.

Our family LOVES the Crystal Palace! It has a lovely decor, nice open concept, and great location. We ate here on both of our recent trips to WDW with our kids. The characters are adorable and I really like how the CMs do an excellent job making sure each and every one of the characters comes to your table to chat, take photos, or give autographs. The buffet has a nice selection of food choices to appeal to just about anyone, including finicky eaters like me. The only thing that I don't really like about the Crystal Palace is that you have to wait outside before you are called. They do provide water outside for you to drink, but having to wait in the sweltering heat outside while awaiting your name to be called is pretty nerve-racking. Both times here we had reservations, but had to wait for quite a period of time before being called. There is very little room to sit down outside, so we (and many others) had to stand in the harsh FL. sun waiting to be lead inside. Other than the lack of covered or indoor waiting space, we love everything about the CP - the food, the menu options, the adorable characters, the atmosphere. They do a little parade game with all the kids I think every 30 mins or so in which the character will lead the kids on a parade around the entire dining room. Lots of fun for the little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter