DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

yikes!! welllll i want you to get married in disney :) preferably one of the weeks i'm there :)

who all have you put deposits on?? since you're so far out, i would contact them, maybe make up a tragedy, and see if you can at least get a portion back. it may be worth it :) OR keep some of the venues for an at home reception, or another type of photoshoot!!

Okay, so, last night I was in one of my moods. I got home from talking with the jeweler and I didn't get the answer that I had wanted. Yes he's going to fix it. But no he's not giving me a new setting. I honestly am super upset with their quality work and wish I could return my wedding bands. :headache::headache::headache::headache:

So then I get home and I start thinking about wedding stuff. Bad, bad idea.:rolleyes1
First off, my one friend who recently got engaged THROWS how large her ring is in everyone's faces. & is literally on a mission to beat me down the aisle. I'm refraining from using some 4 letter words cause they aren't DIS appropriate. :scared1:

And then.. I start thinking about our reception hall, photographer, dress, and all that. I literally want to cancel EVERYTHING except our DJ. Almost in tears. Dave's at his friend's talking about SKYDIVING, which I'd rather he didn't do. And I didn't want to bother him with any of that. So later on that night I send him a text 'Let's cancel everything about the wedding. I hate it all and let's just go to Disney. I don't care whose there anymore.' & he agreed!
But.. we have $10,000.00 in deposits that we would loose.
This whole wedding crap makes me sick and I thought it was supposed to be fun? :confused3

I really don't think I can dress up my venue enough for it to meet what I want and still keep it in a reasonable price.

And the kids are ridiculous today and I want to shoot them. Oh god please get me to this weekend in one piece.

First things, first: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I am so sorry to hear wedding planning isn't fun anymore. For some reason, it's all awesome until other people get involved. Then, it seems to become sheer insanity. :scared1: Hang in there, hun!

It stinks that the jeweler won't give you a new setting, but at least he's fixing the loose stone.

I wonder if you could go to a party store (i.e. Party City), or even a dollar store, and look at decorations. They have some really nice looking things that aren't badly priced. Maybe you can get some ideas. Or, DIY can be an option, if you like. :confused3

Aside, don't shoot the kids. Just duct tape them to a tree. Or, a wall. Or, something...:rolleyes1

yikes!! welllll i want you to get married in disney :) preferably one of the weeks i'm there :)

who all have you put deposits on?? since you're so far out, i would contact them, maybe make up a tragedy, and see if you can at least get a portion back. it may be worth it :) OR keep some of the venues for an at home reception, or another type of photoshoot!!

Haha, I know you do! :rotfl: And you know I'm so game!

So far we have deposits on the venue, photographer, and dj. I'm not contacting them though until after I talk with Dave tonight! :laughing:

And after you gave me those sites.. I've been sitting here for at least 2 hours studying them. :surfweb:

First things, first: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I am so sorry to hear wedding planning isn't fun anymore. For some reason, it's all awesome until other people get involved. Then, it seems to become sheer insanity. :scared1: Hang in there, hun!

It stinks that the jeweler won't give you a new setting, but at least he's fixing the loose stone.

I wonder if you could go to a party store (i.e. Party City), or even a dollar store, and look at decorations. They have some really nice looking things that aren't badly priced. Maybe you can get some ideas. Or, DIY can be an option, if you like. :confused3

Aside, don't shoot the kids. Just duct tape them to a tree. Or, a wall. Or, something...:rolleyes1

Thanks girlie!! Yeah, it sucks. DF and I were all gung-ho on a Disney wedding to BEGIN with. But then his mother said she wouldn't go.. and my balloon was officially POPPED! :confused:

I'm going to talk to my dad over the weekend, when DF isn't around, and see what he thinks about if I went to another jewler.

I definitely want to DIY them. But in order for me to do then I need to find Bo Peep & Woody and Buzz & Jesse for DECENT prices. Along with a couple of my little alien friends I'm obsessed with! haha.

Duct tape is a FABULOUS thing! :rotfl2::lmao:

Thanks girlie!! Yeah, it sucks. DF and I were all gung-ho on a Disney wedding to BEGIN with. But then his mother said she wouldn't go.. and my balloon was officially POPPED! :confused:

I'm going to talk to my dad over the weekend, when DF isn't around, and see what he thinks about if I went to another jewler.

I definitely want to DIY them. But in order for me to do then I need to find Bo Peep & Woody and Buzz & Jesse for DECENT prices. Along with a couple of my little alien friends I'm obsessed with! haha.

Duct tape is a FABULOUS thing! :rotfl2::lmao:

If you know anyone who's bought a fridge recently (or could get you large boxes), you could draw out the shapes of the characters and paint them. You could also get an outline online somewhere and print it out really big to trace onto cardboard. :confused3

If you know anyone who's bought a fridge recently (or could get you large boxes), you could draw out the shapes of the characters and paint them. You could also get an outline online somewhere and print it out really big to trace onto cardboard. :confused3

Hmm... good idea! Now if only I could draw?? haha. Cause I'd want them a pretty large size..

Hmm... good idea! Now if only I could draw?? haha. Cause I'd want them a pretty large size..

I have no idea if you have access to anything like this, but if you could get a hold of an overhead projector (like the kinds they used to use in school), you can use that to make the image really large and then trace it onto cardboard. As long as you can stay in the lines and trace it's not too hard ;)

I have no idea if you have access to anything like this, but if you could get a hold of an overhead projector (like the kinds they used to use in school), you can use that to make the image really large and then trace it onto cardboard. As long as you can stay in the lines and trace it's not too hard ;)

Yeah.. I wish I could! We used to have one.. but it took a big ol' dumpage and stopped working. Wah.

Oh how I love you so! I knew it was from somebodies! I seriously need to find me one of those!! Help me seeeester! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

OH :lmao::lmao: I'm sorry you wracked your brain over this, but I did enjoy your use of "mama-jama" ;)

I got the pillar holder from disneystore.com. There have been a couple different styles the past 2 years (both wrought iron pillar candle holders with mickey heads) so hopefully they'll come out with another this year? I assume October the Christmas stuff will be online if you can hold out until then.

I sowwy lady friend! I'm not being too much help :guilty: :hug:

Also, also, also, I don't like hearing you getting so flustered with planning! I will really help you plan/brainstorm anything you are thinking about--Lay it on me!!!

And then.. I start thinking about our reception hall, photographer, dress, and all that. I literally want to cancel EVERYTHING except our DJ. Almost in tears. Dave's at his friend's talking about SKYDIVING, which I'd rather he didn't do. And I didn't want to bother him with any of that. So later on that night I send him a text 'Let's cancel everything about the wedding. I hate it all and let's just go to Disney. I don't care whose there anymore.' & he agreed!
But.. we have $10,000.00 in deposits that we would loose.
This whole wedding crap makes me sick and I thought it was supposed to be fun? :confused3

I really don't think I can dress up my venue enough for it to meet what I want and still keep it in a reasonable price.

I know EXACTLY what you are going through! There are so many nights when I cry because I still want a Disney wedding. It is on those days when I throw my hands in the air and say "Forget everything! We'll just do it in Disney!" I'm putting so much time, energy and money into this wedding and I don't even want it! It really isn't the wedding of my dreams, but it will do.

To feel better, I think of the positive like :
*Now grandparents get to be at the wedding... there is NO WAY they would have been able to travel to Disney, and who knows how much longer they'll be around. (I know you did it for this reason as well)
*We'll probably benefit more financially from an at home wedding. I know this sounds selfish, but we're kids and my fiance needs a green card after the wedding so he may not have a job for a few months.

Just try to stay positive. I know it is so hard to not be having the wedding of your dreams, and in the end you may not be 100% satisfied but as long as you end up marrying the love of your life then does the location really matter?
(ok, yes it kinda does)

Since we aren't getting married in Disney, I made my fiance promise that we'll have at least 5 vow renewals... maybe you can have a deal like that? :rotfl2:

This is long so I'll stop, but if you need anything I'm here for you! :hug:

OH :lmao::lmao: I'm sorry you wracked your brain over this, but I did enjoy your use of "mama-jama" ;)

I got the pillar holder from disneystore.com. There have been a couple different styles the past 2 years (both wrought iron pillar candle holders with mickey heads) so hopefully they'll come out with another this year? I assume October the Christmas stuff will be online if you can hold out until then.

I sowwy lady friend! I'm not being too much help :guilty: :hug:

Also, also, also, I don't like hearing you getting so flustered with planning! I will really help you plan/brainstorm anything you are thinking about--Lay it on me!!!

Aw, no problem girl! I just wanted to find a picture and show my mom! I know as soon as Christmas stuff comes out I will be out stalking the Disney Store like it is MY job! haha.

Thanks girl! I'm just having issues with my venue... I kinda want a new one?? But I want to try and change it up and make it even more elegant.. without the pricing being ridiculous priced?? Other thing is my photographer and trying to figure out an engagement shoot location. I just feel like I'm stuck in a rutt for the most part because of my venue. :confused:

I know EXACTLY what you are going through! There are so many nights when I cry because I still want a Disney wedding. It is on those days when I throw my hands in the air and say "Forget everything! We'll just do it in Disney!" I'm putting so much time, energy and money into this wedding and I don't even want it! It really isn't the wedding of my dreams, but it will do.

To feel better, I think of the positive like :
*Now grandparents get to be at the wedding... there is NO WAY they would have been able to travel to Disney, and who knows how much longer they'll be around. (I know you did it for this reason as well)
*We'll probably benefit more financially from an at home wedding. I know this sounds selfish, but we're kids and my fiance needs a green card after the wedding so he may not have a job for a few months.

Just try to stay positive. I know it is so hard to not be having the wedding of your dreams, and in the end you may not be 100% satisfied but as long as you end up marrying the love of your life then does the location really matter?
(ok, yes it kinda does)

Since we aren't getting married in Disney, I made my fiance promise that we'll have at least 5 vow renewals... maybe you can have a deal like that? :rotfl2:

This is long so I'll stop, but if you need anything I'm here for you! :hug:

Yes, yes, yes.. you and I are totally in the same boats and it SUCKS. lol. Why can't things just be easy and us just blink our eyes and be at Disney with our entire families? :confused3

We already had the deal and we're going to have a 1 year vow renewal down there. Inviting our parents and select friends. My godparents. And that's it. If it's just the two of us we don't care. He's doing it to make me happy.. and cause it's ultimately what we both really really want. Means I even get to get a new dress! :woohoo: Haha. So I guess it works out? But it's still stressful just as much! Blah! ha

Ah so many updates where do I begin, umm.....AWESOME FLUTES dearie! Love, Love, Love them! I really wish I would have had those because they are super cute and how thoughtful of DF! I hear you have had some issues with the planning process. It's completely normal to run into chaos so it's ok. Just roll with the punches and everything will be fine. Hopefully the issues with your rings will be resolved soon. I have high hopes for you! Just stay strong everything will be ok:grouphug:

Haven't been around for a bit. Your flutes are beautiful. You're so lucky to have found a guy so willing to spoil you rotten! :goodvibes

This whole planning process can be really stressful. If it wasn't for the thousands of dollars :-)scared1:) lost in deposits, I would just go for the Disney wedding. Even if you just eloped with Dave as soon as the two of you had enough money saved up for the wedding then have your reception at home on the day you have scheduled for your wedding now.

Just don't let this stress you out too much. Just look forward to you VR on your anniversary and try to remember that weddings are supposed to be fun. Your guests will be there to celebrate you and Dave, (and free food, dancing and drinks). :rotfl:

Okay, so.. nothing big too update on right now. But I had to tell you all this cause you'll get a kick out of it! :thumbsup2

Last night Dave and I are sitting in bed talking and I had checked out our venue and it seemed as if the menu had change and the taco bar was gone. Well, Mr. Dave's ONE request was a Taco Bar at the wedding.. when it's gone off of the menu omg you should have seen his face! If only I had my camera ready! ha. So I start searching around for it on their site and I still couldn't find it. He's like well that's one way to get a new venue, in which of course my mother enters the room. We explain what's going on and he's like 'look, if they don't have taco bar we will get our money back in FULL and we're going to Disney. That's it. No more questions about it.' My stomach jumps out of my throat at that point and my mom looks like she wants to punch HIM in the stomach. She of course comes back with 'well we're not paying for it and don't plan on having many people there and don't expect gifts from anybody there or who don't come because I know your family won't come.' *insert cat hissing noise here* I responded with saying that's fine. And she starts calling me Suzanne (my cousin Mikey whom I'm practically brother/sister with.. his wife wanted a destination wedding and told him the only place they'd get married is Turks & Caicos and that's what they did. Then came home and just had a reception). But I came back with no, I'm not Suzanne.. first off I'm not leaving the country and second I'd come back and have another ceremony.. in which we could still do it on the beach and I'd get to wear my dress 3 times! (disney, MK shoot, home reception) talk about getting my money's worth! She didn't like that idea much? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Unfortunately though... they do still have the taco bar! It was just MIA cause they're updating the site. :headache: :headache: :headache:

if the taco bar is there, I may just be able to convince Brian to go....haha!!!! Brian would be the same exact way about the taco bar. These crazy boys

Unfortunately though... they do still have the taco bar! It was just MIA cause they're updating the site. :headache: :headache: :headache:

Stupid taco bar contributing to the wall between you and a Disney wedding . . . . :rolleyes1

Maybe they were wrong and it won't come back, and then you can go to Disney.

if the taco bar is there, I may just be able to convince Brian to go....haha!!!! Brian would be the same exact way about the taco bar. These crazy boys

Haha, Dave LOVES his tacos! Tell Brian he has to come anywaay!

Stupid taco bar contributing to the wall between you and a Disney wedding . . . . :rolleyes1

Maybe they were wrong and it won't come back, and then you can go to Disney.

I wish. But it's more than a taco bar.. it's a road block called 'MY CRANKY MOTHER'. :headache::headache: It's a real 'witch' (but replace the w with a b ;D)

Never found something as great as a disney wedding, unfortunately my friends are not so into it... Go to hell, I am gonna marry alone!

ok then :laughing: well i'm kind of sad that taco bar re-appeared because i think you deserve a disney wedding. i'm sorry your mom isn't supportive of what you want :( destination weddings are the way of the future and it's just hard for people to adjust. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww . . . spoil-sport . . . :sad2:

At least you got to pick the groom. :upsidedow

Haha, at least I got to pick something! :rotfl2:

Never found something as great as a disney wedding, unfortunately my friends are not so into it... Go to hell, I am gonna marry alone!

Haha!

ok then :laughing: well i'm kind of sad that taco bar re-appeared because i think you deserve a disney wedding. i'm sorry your mom isn't supportive of what you want :( destination weddings are the way of the future and it's just hard for people to adjust. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know! I need your magic to come over here and convince her it's the way to go! If things go well and we get a mortgage for the house we're looking at.. I may be able to move him to get married on our actual anniversary (like we had originally wanted) in Disney! :lmao: :lmao:
We'll see! I'm not giving up hope yet!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter