Dave will be okay with it April 2011 pre-trip! DIS has created a planning monster

mrtr62

Earning My Ears
Well here goes my first ever Pre-Trip report... I have spent hundreds of hours reading everyone else's trip reports and I think I am ready to try and do my own... My main reason to do this is for the input from the seasoned Disney planners out there to comment or make suggestions. I like so many of you out there have become a Disney planning addict. I am trying to plan the ultimate best trip possible for my family but the love of the planning is what I enjoy.

To explain the title... We haven't travelled since our last trip in 2009 and for any of you that are fans of Dave Ramsey that is why we have not done any trips in 2 years and perhaps why we are so excited about this one... we have truly earned it and will be doing this trip "living line no one else" We have spent the last 2 years not doing anything but pay off debt and I am sure everyone around us is wondering who this Dave is that we always talk about before making any decisions... A lot of our friends are also working the Dave Ramsey plan and every conversation we have someone says would Dave be okay or Dave won't be happy....

Let me first introduce us - Me - Michelle - This is my 6th trip to Disneyworld which includes 3 trips as a kid. My husband and my first trip we just showed up had no idea what we were doing and I don't even remember what we ate while we were there... I do remember having bread and peanut butter in our room but I don't think we ate that for a week. The 2nd trip together was in 2009 with the deluxe dining plan at Caribbean Beach and it was amazing... this is where I discovered DIS boards and everything Disney planning... It was a great trip and that is why we are heading back again...

My husband - Ken - He is a secret Disney lover...He will look through the dining menus, tell me what rides he has to go on and loves watching our daughter at Disney taking in the magic. Oh and he is a Die hard Montreal Canadiens fan so we know what days the games are and will have to be at the ESPN club (if it is still there) for the games during our stay...

Our Princess... Zoe is going to be 6 when we head back to Disney and is already as excited as we are she is planning who she is going to meet... We don't have the heart to tell her that Ariel's Grotto is closed. That was her favourite memory from our last trip and talks about it all the time... she loved her fountain her cave and all the stuff around it... I am going to be making lots of things I have seen on the Creative board for Zoe and can't wait to get started on her new autograph book... there are some amazing creative people on that forum...

We live in Canada in a small town outside of Hamilton, Ontario and we are driving to Disney. We drove last time and actually enjoyed it... I had always said I would never drive to Florida but I am now a seasoned driver and we will do it again. This time we aren't planning to stop for the night and just go right through to Disney. We may be crazy but our DD is a great traveller. We are spending 9 days, 8 nights to the Port Orleans - Riverside with the deluxe dining plan and then 7 nights with my parents at there condo in St. Pete's at the beach in April 2011

Well enough about us and on to my plans...

I have a great travel agent and she has been amazing... We went with Fairytale dreams and travel in Ontario and they have been great. I am doing my own dining reservations only because I want the experience... I know I am crazy!! I just really enjoy the planning of it and if something doesn't work I can make the decision to change the plans right then rather then her having to figure it out.

In case you can't keep up with my writing, I write like I talk and I jump around a lot and talk alot.. Good think I am a quick typer...

Our dining reservation window opens on Saturday October 9th.. luckily it is a Saturday and I didn't have to take a day off work... I really wouldn't have but I am sure my husband wouldn't have been surprised...

So in the next post I will put our 1st draft plans and hopeful restaurants in my next post.. Please Please Please let me know if you think I am missing something that is your favourite or if you think something won't work or should be skipped... I am really looking for input..

Thanks for reading so far.... When I figure out how to add pictures I will get some on here...

Draft 1

We used our travel agents recommendations, and 2 other planning websites to figure out which days based on crowd levels. We are also not the eat at noon and 5pm type so we will probably have late lunch and dinner times...

Thursday
Day 1 Arrival Day

Dinner at Chef Mickey - hopefully around 7pm

Possibly head to Magic Kingdom for Wishes after dinner

Friday
Day 2

Magic Kingdom Day

Breakfast - Ohona
Lunch - Crystal Palace
Dinner - Wilderness Lodge

Saturday
Day 3

Possibly Universal Sudio`s... if not our Animal Kingdom Day will go in here...

Sunday
Day 4

Epcot Day

Breakfast - Akershus Royal Banquet
Lunch - San Angel
Dinner - 1500 Park Fare

Monday
Day 5

Hollywood Studio`s

Breakfast - Hollywood and Vine
Lunch - snacks
Dinner - Hoop Dee Do

Tuesday
Day 6

Magic Kingdom - part 2

Breakfast - Cape May
Lunch - Tony`s
Dinner - Cinderella`s castle - after bippidy boppity and late reservation to see fireworks in castle

Wednesday
Day 7

Epcot - part 2

Breakfast - Suggestions
Lunch - Coral Reef
Dinner - Biergarten

Thursday
Day 8

Breakfast - Kona
Lunch - Sci-Fi
Dinner - 50`s Primetime but may change for fansasmic package

Friday
Day 9

Animal Kingdom Day

Breakfast - Boma
Lunch - Tuskers possibly or snacks for lunch
Dinner - Downtown Disney if any credits

So what are my chances that next Saturday I will have anything that resembles this plan... Please let me know your suggestions and also what times we should try to get.. Any hints or tips...

Just read the intro and stopped to say hi, DR fans here too, and Aprill 11 trippers! going back to read it all now...

Well our Reservation window opened and after 36 minutes on the phone with the wonderful CM at disney we were able to get everything we had wanted as well as the times.

I was shocked how easy it was and we only had to make one quick change for the fantasmic package because the Brown Derby was full and we had to change to Mama Mia's but we really didn't care where we went just that we did it with the fantasmic package..

Now our friends just got back today and told us they had a horrible time and food at Wispering Canyon and thought that 'Ohana dinner was the best one they did. So should I switch that?? I can't believe I am already thinking of changing...

Well now we are on to planning the autograph books and I am going to order dresses from Ebay. Zoe is going to do the bippidi boppiti boutique before we go to Cinderella's Royal Table.

I realized during the reservation process that Dave would be happy that I had to search for a credit card to use for the reservations because there wasn't one in my purse and I had to find Ken's while he was still sleeping and his was hidden in the very back of his wallet. It sure shows that we never use them anymore... I love Dave....

Congrats of getting all your adr's! I have heard good things about WCC and the all you can eat skillet.

We just made our spring break reservation because we had saved enough in the budget to do so. Love Dave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter