"dating " hubby budget ideas.........

Think of the places you went in college or when you used to go on dates.

Pool, Bowling, Movies, Picnic, if you have river or lake near you go canoing, hiking, long walks on beach or at a park, play board games and drink wine, take a dancing class, go out dancing, do sports together, go watch sports together lol list is endless, check local museums for opening and events. My very very favorite if you have a nice one is pack a picnic and go to the drive in.

I started doing date night also and have been doing all of the above as well as we go out as an adult couple once a week.

I hate to hijack this thread, but are you talking about ST Louis Cardinals tickets for $5? My family would love that.

Yes, Yes I am talking about Cards tickets for $5 a piece. They ran a promo this last home stand and took $5 off all seats outfield lodge box (normally $35 for non prime games) and higher for every win. They won 5 out of 6 games, so all the outfield lodge, Terrance, and pavilion seats were $5 for the upcoming Marlins/National series.

They are also frequently running half price nights were the tickets are half priced (which makes it about $33-$40 for 4 tickets to the upper deck). We went to the opening weekend Sunday night game against the mets and sat about 20 feet off the left field foul pole, 13 rows from the field for less then $100 total for 4 tickets.

Think of the places you went in college or when you used to go on dates.

we dated in the 80's ... we met and "lived " at the clubs:rolleyes1
not to many places to go dancing anymore.... and I don't think hubby would fit in his parachute pants and capezzios and I don't think I could have jersey hair again:scared1:... not enough aquanet in the world....lol

but seriously... your post got me thinking.. besides clubs... all I remember us doing is..... comedy clubs ( a possibilty)... movies( also good)..... going out to eat( no no for my diet)....hanging out at gas station with his friends :-)scared1:).....and us hanging with my friends at clubs.....

Last night we went for a walk to our local ball field... caught the end of a softball game ... and than walked thru town..... relaxing and free.....

sorry not trying to hijack, but most of the certificates through restaurant.com states there is a 18% gratuity added...does this mean you would not have to tip since the 18% is already included? Also do you find you save money through restaurant.com seeing as you have to meet the minimum amount spent at that restaurant? (i.e. minimum $50)

TIA!

Yes, Yes I am talking about Cards tickets for $5 a piece. They ran a promo this last home stand and took $5 off all seats outfield lodge box (normally $35 for non prime games) and higher for every win. They won 5 out of 6 games, so all the outfield lodge, Terrance, and pavilion seats were $5 for the upcoming Marlins/National series.

They are also frequently running half price nights were the tickets are half priced (which makes it about $33-$40 for 4 tickets to the upper deck). We went to the opening weekend Sunday night game against the mets and sat about 20 feet off the left field foul pole, 13 rows from the field for less then $100 total for 4 tickets.

DH and I are going on a date to see the Cards next week. We're going to try and do the First Pitch club (two tickets for $11). We have to be in line at 9a.m. and we don't know where in the ballpark we'll get tickets - it's a random drawing just 10 mintues before the game. It's something we've wanted to do for a while and we won't have the kids with us...so why not!?

I also saw on Travelzoo that the Dodgers were selling game tickets (when the Cardinals are playing in LA) for $5 each.

Things my DH and I like to do:

1. Go to Borders: hang out in the comfy leather chairs, read magazines, check out books we might want to buy, and get a coffee (or a smoothie if it's summer)

2. Check out antique shops or flea markets: We live in a town that is touristy and there are tons of antique shops. We like to just poke around in them. Usually we come out with some small item that we like but that does not break the budget (like antique milk bottles which I love to use as vases)

3. Spend the night at a Sheraton: We have a Sheraton not too far from here and I can get a government discount, so a room on Fri or Sat will just set us back about $79. Our DS is old enough (almost 17) so we don't need to worry about the expense of a sitter. We love to have breakfast the following morning, and the "sweet sleepers" and cozy bedding is fabulous:lovestruc. I realize not everyone can qualify for a government discount, but there may be other discounts you are entitled to, or other low-cost overnight options to consider.

4. Movie marathon (a favorite in winter): We like to do this at home. We'll pick movies that have multiples, like: POC, Borne, Mission Impossible, etc. We order in pizza, or just throw a Tombstone into the oven, crack open a bottle of wine and settle in.

5. Hiking: We enjoy going to a local state park and hiking the trails.

Outdoor Parks are awesome! Take a Frisbee!

Our Symphony is having a free Mother's Day Concert on the beach here in Jacksonville, FL. I am so looking forward to that!

Also, some places run outdoor movies during the summer! Ours happen to be on the beach!

What about Farmer's Markets? We also like to sneak out of the house in the weekend mornings now that our kids are 14 and 17. We go out to breakfast. It is nice to start the day that way since weekend nights we like to stay home "just in case" especially if they are out with friends or working.

Pizza with beer or inexpensive red wine--just like we did on our dates, way back when!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter