Date night recommendations?

cdnjason

DIS Veteran
Looking to make dinner reservations for my wife and I one night. I've already made reservations at Monkeypod and Roy's for other nights. Any recommendations?

We''ll have a car rental. Kids will be at Aunty's Beach house that evening. So, anything within a reasonable drive would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'd think that Ama Ama later in the evening would be a nice venue. Perhaps timed to watch the sun set? Followed with a nice moonlight stroll along the pathway to some of the other lagoons?

We did not eat there, but Assaggio in Kapolei is often recommended. It's an Italian restaurant and I think there are several around Hawaii, but the one in Kapolei would be the closest. Next exit off the highway.

We have eaten there. Good food. Not a particularly "date night" kind of place.

lol good to know... Google describes it as "Intimate chain eatery for romantic dining offers Italian-American classics & a full bar." :laughing:

Well, everybody has their own idea of what is romantic.

I'll second Ama Ama around sunset. They have a meal for two. We did it in September. It was wonderful. The meal for two included a sampler of 4 appetizers, chateaubraind over potatoes and vegetables, and two desserts. It was really good, I'd compare it to any of the signatures in WDW. We did Roy's and we liked that as well. My husband had the short ribs and I did a sampler trio of scallops, shrimp, and I think a white fish. It was excellent. I'll also add that the Four Seasons next door had a few options that sounded great, we just didn't have enough evenings to try everything. I want to say they have an Italian-ish one called Noe that I have heard is good!

A new mall recently opened in Kapolei. It's a drive away, but they have CPK and Luibuenos. Personally Monkeypod is our favorite date night spot, especially during happy hour

Unfortunately, Ama Ama is booked that evening.

If you can, get away from the resort. What day of the week is this. The options around Kapolei are limited. You have more choice in Town and even on the Windward side or North Shore. What kind of food do you prefer?

If you can, get away from the resort. What day of the week is this. The options around Kapolei are limited. You have more choice in Town and even on the Windward side or North Shore. What kind of food do you prefer?
Yes. We will have a rental car. It'll be a friday night. We love all kinds of different foods. I was thinking seafood would be a good idea. But, honestly, I'm open to anything good.

Perhaps one of the new places next door to Aulani at the Four Seasons might be the answer. It is a short stroll, you can see Aulani from the resort and then you could really take your time, not have to worry about driving back and perhaps both indulge in alcohol if that is a choice. @Dis_Yoda ate at a place called "Noe" at the Four Seasons and included a review in her trip report here (post #146)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/wa...update-9-25-going-home-the-end.3467739/page-8
She also has other very nice places to eat in her report-it is worth a read.

Unfortunately we didnt get a chance to head over but it does look very nice with a fish specific place as well..http://www.fourseasons.com/oahu/dining/?c=t&_s_icmp=mmenu

Perhaps one of the new places next door to Aulani at the Four Seasons might be the answer. It is a short stroll, you can see Aulani from the resort and then you could really take your time, not have to worry about driving back and perhaps both indulge in alcohol if that is a choice. @Dis_Yoda ate at a place called "Noe" at the Four Seasons and included a review in her trip report here (post #146)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/wa...update-9-25-going-home-the-end.3467739/page-8
She also has other very nice places to eat in her report-it is worth a read.

Unfortunately we didnt get a chance to head over but it does look very nice with a fish specific place as well..http://www.fourseasons.com/oahu/dining/?c=t&_s_icmp=mmenu
That looks like a great option. Thanks.

Yes. We will have a rental car. It'll be a friday night. We love all kinds of different foods. I was thinking seafood would be a good idea. But, honestly, I'm open to anything good.

Here's a good list to start from. http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hon...Award-Winners-The-Best-Restaurants-in-Hawaii/

We live in Honolulu and have two kids of our own, so we're probably looking for the same things in a night out. Here are my thoughts on a handful, but if any others catch your eye, feel free to ask.

The Pig & The Lady (amazing Vietnamese influenced, reasonably priced and in Chinatown for after dinner nightlife)
Nobu Waikīkī (extremely high quality Japanese but a price to match)
REAL a Gastropub (crazy loud, rumpus beer hall, but fantastic food)
Michel’s at the Colony Surf (killer views, killer atmosphere, killer service- truely a "date night" experience)

I second Real. Small menu but really fun and good food. And like 10 pages of beer menu. (last week I had a special - mini grilled cheese and tomato bisque...) The buffalo fried deviled eggs are amazing!

Booked Michel's. Looks perfect. Thank you for the recommendation @ehrawn

Thank you to all who contributed. You are what makes this board great.

Theres the Fish House at the Four Seasons. Its a lovely al fresco setting near the pool also. The vegetables were cooked to perfection and a beautiful seafood tower. My steak was overcooked but it is called the Fish House.

We were at Monkeypod a few days ago and liked it much better than AmaAma for the quality of food and the value. AmaAma had the view. Since those options are out for you I second the Four Seasons. We walked over for cocktails at the Fish House and it was awesome. Great staff and atmosphere.

Want a real Hawaiian atmosphere, try Haleiwa Joe's in Haiku Gardens on the windward side. Food is good (They have a great Sunday Brunch) but the views are what you come for... .

Attachments

• IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter