das

tanya1221

Earning My Ears
OK it's been a few years since our last vacation and so much has changed. Including the gac pass. I'm so confused about this. On mde it has a tab for das returns. What is that all about? Can someone please explain the process?

OK it's been a few years since our last vacation and so much has changed. Including the gac pass. I'm so confused about this. On mde it has a tab for das returns. What is that all about? Can someone please explain the process?
When you go to guest relations to get the DAS they scan the magic bands of everyone in the party and take a picture who the DAS belongs to. When you go to get a return time they scan the magic band and the DAS return time shows up in your MDE.

When you go to guest relations to get the DAS they scan the magic bands of everyone in the party and take a picture who the DAS belongs to. When you go to get a return time they scan the magic band and the DAS return time shows up in your MDE.
Oh OK makes sense now. Thank you

On the first Park day of your trip you go to guest relations and speak to them about why you believe having a return time with accommodate your disability. If they find the DAS is an appropriate accommodation then the person needing it will have their photo and be marked as the DAS holder on their park admission (Magicband if you have it hard plastic ticket if you don't) then their other party members are linked with their Park admission (Magicband or hard plastic ticket) as party members to the DAS holder.

From there when ever you want a return time you go to the ride (the DAS holder does not need to be present just their park admission) and the Cast Member will ask who is riding with the DAS holder. It can be all of your party or not. The will issue a return time based on the posted wait time. From there it will show in your MDE profile so you can keep track of what time you can return to that ride. Once the DAS holder rides they can get another return time or if they decide the want to skip that they can get a new return time issued for a different ride.

The DAS holder must always ride so if they decide they don't want to anymore the rest of the party either has to enter standbye or wait until the DAS holder wants to ride.

just wanted to add the people at GR will ask you what kinds of accommodation or what do you need in line, ( or something similar to this) be prepared to explain this. they may or may not give you a DAS bast on what you say

normally you can have the DAS holder pause 5 linked to the DAS ( there have ben times more people can be linked.

riding rides

anyone that is linked can get a return time, you do not have to have the person with the DAS there ( and you do not have to have there ticket or MB)

the CM will give you a return time it will be wait time -10 minutes and after this time ( and you can not come back even a minute early ) your party will go though the FP line.

a few things to keep in mind the DAS return times dose not expire ( beside when park closes)

you can only have one return time at a time

you can have a FP and DAS return time at the same time ( and if you like the same ride)

the DAS only works for rides and meet and greet with FP. nothing else ( no parades fire works)

but I have found if there is something I would like to do but the DAS dose not help or I need more accommodation asking the CM / letting them know what I need they can normally help come up with a solution so I can do something. some times they can not.

in case you have not seen what disney says about the DAS here it is

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me.../wdw-disability-access-service_2015-04-30.pdf

I hope you have a great trip

oh and just because you have the DAS in MDE ( every one dose ) dose not mean you will get a DAS ( like disney dose not know you had the GAC) or what your/ person with you disability is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter