DAS with MDE but no Magic Bands - bit confused!

MJ6987

DIS Veteran
When we went to WDW last time, my daughter (with ASD) had DAS and the rest of our family was linked to that. We got the DAS reservations set up at the attraction by a Cast Member and then when the time came, we returned to the attraction and tapped our magic bands (or maybe just my daughter's, I can't remember) and the light went green and in we went

This time (in Jan), I believe we can book DAS via MDE instead, but I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1. Normally I will be the only one who has MDE on my phone and, for example, would have had the FP+ reservations set up for the family as they are linked to my account - will we still be able to do this with DAS, or will my ASD daughter have to have the MDE app herself? I think she would struggle with this

2. How will it work if we don't have Magic Bands? I don't fancy paying for them. Will we tap the physical Park tickets instead? Or our phones (in which case we'll all need MDE?)?

3. We do have old Magic bands - these will be over 3 years old so the batteries will probably be gone, but will they still work for "Mickey tapping" purposes, which I believe is not reliant on the battery??

Park tickets or 1 phone with all tickets will work. Google/Apple pay consolidates the tickets.

Park tickets or 1 phone with all tickets will work. Google/Apple pay consolidates the tickets.
Ah great, thanks. How does the "1 phone with all the tickets" work? Via the tickets being linked to MDE? Or do I have to do something with Apple Pay (which I've never used)? The tickets we have are physical plastics ones

We do have old Magic bands - these will be over 3 years old so the batteries will probably be gone, but will they still work for "Mickey tapping" purposes, which I believe is not reliant on the battery??
Your old MBs will continue to work for years for "tapping." It will work for entrance to the parks as well as entrance to attractions using DAS or Genie+ or $LL. If you are staying onsite, you can use them for purchases as well.

Your old MBs will continue to work for years for "tapping." It will work for entrance to the parks as well as entrance to attractions using DAS or Genie+ or $LL. If you are staying onsite, you can use them for purchases as well.
That's good news - how do we get them linked up to our tickets? At check in at the resort?

That's good news - how do we get them linked up to our tickets? At check in at the resort?
A MagicBand already linked to your MDE account already has access to anything else linked to that account -- tickets, DAS, room reservation, ADRs, etc. No need to do anything extra. If you decide to buy new MBs, simply use the code to link them to your MDE.

A MagicBand already linked to your MDE account already has access to anything else linked to that account -- tickets, DAS, room reservation, ADRs, etc. No need to do anything extra. If you decide to buy new MBs, simply use the code to link them to your MDE.
Thanks 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter