DAS question

Marypop192

Earning My Ears
hello! I have been an admirer and viewer of this board for a long time! We come to Disney again in a few weeks and finally decided to create an account to ask a question!

My youngest daughter needs DAS. (We had one for her on our last trip). Our family of 6 arrives on Monday and we plan to go to MK. We will go and request a DAS pass for my daughter and will have our bands scanned as well.

My parents have one day MK tickets for that Tuesday and will be joining us at the park on Tuesday morning.

Can I bring my parents Magic Bands with me on Monday to be scanned at Guest relations as part of my daughters group when I first get the DAS, even though they will not be at park that day? or do we have to go back to guest relations again once my parents are physically scanned into the park for them to be added as a part of our group on Tuesday?
Any insight is appreciated!
Thank you!

hello! I have been an admirer and viewer of this board for a long time! We come to Disney again in a few weeks and finally decided to create an account to ask a question!

My youngest daughter needs DAS. (We had one for her on our last trip). Our family of 6 arrives on Monday and we plan to go to MK. We will go and request a DAS pass for my daughter and will have our bands scanned as well.

My parents have one day MK tickets for that Tuesday and will be joining us at the park on Tuesday morning.

Can I bring my parents Magic Bands with me on Monday to be scanned at Guest relations as part of my daughters group when I first get the DAS, even though they will not be at park that day? or do we have to go back to guest relations again once my parents are physically scanned into the park for them to be added as a part of our group on Tuesday?
Thank you!
Welcome to the DIS! I too was a long time lurker and joined last fall.

I don't know the answer to your question, but you might want to post your question here: https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/
What I do know is renewal of DAS doesn't take long. DD has one and it was very easy when she renewed hers in January.

Thank you!

You can certainly try. Worst case scenario - they will tell you to come back to MK Guest Services the following day to add your parents.

Official policy is that when the other guests arrive at the park, you are supposed to go back to guest services to get them added. Also, since general policy is DAS holder plus 5 guests, you will be over the total of 6 linked to the DAS once the grandparents join you. While you can all be on the DAS, it's at the castmembers discretion to allow you all 8 to get a return at the same time. Typically if we have a large group we have the DAS holder pick who they are riding with up to the normally allowed 5 guests. Or we divide and conquer with half our group riding with the DAS holder and the other half do another ride or activity.

Official policy is that when the other guests arrive at the park, you are supposed to go back to guest services to get them added. Also, since general policy is DAS holder plus 5 guests, you will be over the total of 6 linked to the DAS once the grandparents join you. While you can all be on the DAS, it's at the castmembers discretion to allow you all 8 to get a return at the same time. Typically if we have a large group we have the DAS holder pick who they are riding with up to the normally allowed 5 guests. Or we divide and conquer with half our group riding with the DAS holder and the other half do another ride or activity.
I'm not the OP, but this was a question we were going to ask before our next trip (since there will likely be more of our family coming, usually there are four of us). Thank you for this info!

A few years ago we went on a trip where my oldest daughter was joining us mid way through the trip. I brought her magic band with me to guest services on the first day and they were able to add her to my daughter's DAS without an issue. Now there was only 4 of us total for that trip so that may change things for your situation. It might be worth a try though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter