DAS & Genie+

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
I understand that you can get your DAS pass 30 days prior to your trip. My question is that if you are granted the DAS with the video call, can you book whatever ride you want on your park days (like Space Mountain or Flight of Passage - you know the fancy rides) or are they just the standard rides you are going to be able to book?

And if I'm understanding correctly, with the DAS, we would not have to pay for the Genie+ correct?

Just trying to make sure I have a full understanding since I have a trip mid-November and want to be sure I know what I have to do. Hoping that this all gets put into place soon so I can take advantage of the new system.

It's really just speculation at this point with regards to what rides may be booked in advance with the 30-day video call. WDW hasn't provided those details yet. Those rides must be booked at least 2 days in advance, and I think I saw they can't be modified. Once in the park, you should be able to get a DAS return time for any attraction with a standby wait.

And if I'm understanding correctly, with the DAS, we would not have to pay for the Genie+ correct?
This is NOT correct. WDW is still encouraging guests to use other tools including the paid Genie+ and Individual Attraction Selection options. Whether you feel those are needed for your preferred rides and touring style will be an individual choice. DAS does not give you automatic Genie+ just like prior DAS was not a stand-in for FP+. Using both will increase the number of attractions for which you can schedule a ride.

As you know you can book two DAS passes prior to your trip.
Once in the park (excluding the two you booked prior) you can only have one DAS at a time.
Before Genie guest would combine the DAS and Fastpass so that they would ride their Fastpass ride while waiting for their DAS return time. This gave them something to do while waiting for their DAS return time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter