• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Card???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to go to Guest Services inside a park. All four theme parks will be able to help. You will need to explain why you need one. It is important to note that a DA S, is issued to those who cannot stand \wait in a traditional line. It will not be used if your disability is a mobility issue, but rather you will be offered to rent (cost) a wheelchair or scooter.I

You do not need a doctor's note and they don't need a diagnosis. They want you to explain why you can't wait in a traditional line.

If you are given one, you or someone in your party will go to ride and request a return time. The person with the DA S must go through line first and must ride the ride. (The return time is the time as the stand-by line, minus 10 mins). A return time isn't given if line is 30 minutes or less.

You may still have to wait some before riding. It is not a front of line pass..

You need to go to Guest Services inside a park. All four theme parks will be able to help. You will need to explain why you need one. It is important to note that a DA S, is issued to those who cannot stand \wait in a traditional line. It will not be used if your disability is a mobility issue, but rather you will be offered to rent (cost) a wheelchair or scooter.I

You do not need a doctor's note and they don't need a diagnosis. They want you to explain why you can't wait in a traditional line.

If you are given one, you or someone in your party will go to ride and request a return time. The person with the DA S must go through line first and must ride the ride. (The return time is the time as the stand-by line, minus 10 mins). A return time isn't given if line is 30 minutes or less.

You may still have to wait some before riding. It is not a front of line pass..
My disability is mental. I can’t stand in long lines.

It’s not actually a card.
If DAS is issued, the CM at Guest Relations links the DAS information to your Magicband or park pass. Then, the rest of your group (usually up to a total of 5 plus you) also have their Magicbands or park passes linked to the DAS.

The first post in this thread has information about DAS and is up to date - the rest was written just before and just after DAS began.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Ifs because no one say you will or will not get one. When you get there you will explain your issues with being in the line. Not your diagnosis.
Edit: you will still stand in lines just not as long of a line.
I have to have the DAS because of My disability. I’ll have My Mom explain it too them. IF Disney World is open in early September. Who knows. I have Ny doubts though.

A park pass is your entrance ticket to the theme park. It could be accessed through a Magic Band or other ticket media.

Receiving DAS is based on why you cannot wait in the normal line, not the name of the diagnosis for your condition.

Only a cast member on-site is authorized to issue DAS.

For example, you could ask for DAS because you tire easily due to a medication you are taking.

In the situation I just described, the cast member is unlikely to provide DAS but is likely to suggest you use a wheelchair or other mobility device because the DAS is not provided for mobility issues and stamina is considered a mobility issue.

Last edited:
A park pass is your entrance ticket to the theme park. It could be accessed through a Magic Band or other ticket media.

Receiving DAS is based on why you cannot wait in the normal line, not the name of the diagnosis for your conduction.

Only a cast member on-site is authorized to issue DAS.

For example, you could ask for DAS because you tire easily due to a medication you are taking.

In this case, the cast member is likely to suggest you use a wheelchair or other mobility device because the DAS is not provided for mobility issues and stamina is considered a mobility issue.
See I’m mentally retarded, Anixety and Depressed. Alll reasons for them to grant Me a DAS.

A return time isn't given if line is 30 minutes or less.

This hasn't been my experience in the past at WDW. Is this something new?

I know at universal, if the line is less than 30 minutes, they let you right into the express line instead of giving a return time. Is Disney doing this now?

Wont be going till October (hopefully!), but try to keep up on any policy changes. Thanks!

Maybe I should pass on the DAS?
I think folks are just trying to share realistic expectations. The DAS is not "front of the line" with no waiting; you will wait approximately the time of the standby queue (minus 10 minutes), and then you will need to be within the FP+ queue for however long that might take (maybe 2 minutes or maybe 30 minutes). If you think the DAS will help you, there is no harm in requesting one. You don't have to use it if you find you are able to manage the queues without it, or only use it for the really long queues. Don't forget, you still have 3 FP+ each that can be pre-booked before your trip, and then more FP+ each day as you use the ones you pre-booked.

Depending on your needs, try to plan some other coping strategies. For some that means headphones to block out noise, a handheld game to focus on, a hoodie or sunglasses to block out visual stimulation, taking breaks mid-day, arriving at park-opening for lower crowds, doing the parks in the evening when it's cooler, using your family to help create "space" to not feel crowded, etc. Just don't expect the DAS to solve all waiting. It is only good for attractions in the 4 major theme parks, not dining, not buses/transportation, not restrooms, not at the water parks, not at resorts, etc. If you work with any therapists, I suggest you talk with them about helping you plan and practice some coping mechanisms.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think folks are just trying to share realistic expectations. The DAS is not "front of the line" with no waiting; you will wait approximately the time of the standby queue (minus 10 minutes), and then you will need to be within the FP+ queue for however long that might take (maybe 2 minutes or maybe 30 minutes). If you think the DAS will help you, there is no harm in requesting one. You don't have to use it if you find you are able to manage the queues without it, or only use it for the really long queues. Don't forget, you still have 3 FP+ each that can be pre-booked before your trip, and then more FP+ each day as you use the ones you pre-booked.

Depending on your needs, try to plan some other coping strategies. For some that means headphones to block out noise, a handheld game to focus on, a hoodie or sunglasses to block out visual stimulation, taking breaks mid-day, arriving at park-opening for lower crowds, doing the parks in the evening when it's cooler, using your family to help create "space" to not feel crowded, etc. Just don't expect the DAS to solve all waiting. It is only good for attractions in the 4 major theme parks, not dining, not buses/transportation, not restrooms, not at the water parks, not at resorts, etc. If you work with any therapists, I suggest you talk with them about helping you plan and practice some coping mechanisms.

Enjoy your vacation!
I do not work with a therapist. I’ll read up on how I will will cope with the crowds. I do suffer from seizures too so I gotta watch for that as well.

as others have said think about your concerns or needs that you have for when you are waiting in line. and you will need to go to GR and someone you or your mom will need to let the CM there know what your needs are. the CM will help you decide what your accommodation you will get. the CM do not care about what your DX but just needs. One other thing the DAS if given to you may not help with everything and you might need to use other coping skills for dealing with Disney.

See I’m mentally retarded, Anixety and Depressed. Alll reasons for them to grant Me a DAS.
No, they are not. What is it, specific, about your issues that. Make it impossible to wait in a standard line? I’m depressed and have anxiety but I can stand in line just fine.

they will not care about any diagnosis you list. Only why you can’t wait in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter