• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS at new Jungle Book show?

disneyfreak7

DIS Veteran
My son uses a DAS card and he loves to watch Fantasmic but can not sit in the crowd when they are packed in like sardines. It's a recipe for disaster. The CM are always so nice and let us sit in the handicap area where it isn't as crowded. Will Jungle Book have something similar? Or a separate entrance? Thank you

It will really depend. With Fantasmic! it sounds like you have gotten some really nice CMs who are sprinkling your family with pixie dust since the DAS does not usually work for shows. Also there is not guarentee the wheelchair viewing area won't be full with this show since it is brand new.

No one knows yet.
I would suggest this would be a good one to use Fastpass or one of the dining packages for if you want to see it.

While nobody knows anything yet ( the show doesn't even debut for a few days), the set up looks more like WOC in DL than F! in DHS. IF this proves to be the case, then count on EVERY area ( FP, dining package, standby, and all the HC accessible areas) to be jammed. Like Wishes in the hub jammed.

This is a picture I took of the seating area in Asia in April. From what I have seen in pictures since then, this will be the Fastpass area.
There are rows of stadium seating, sort of like Fantasmic at the front of the area with sort of platform areas toward the back. I've read some things that point to those areas bring standing room only and other ideas that they may possibly be areas for a paid dessert party or something similar.
I could not get a picture of it, but there is a ramp on the area by the left side of the picture.
There is a very similar seating area to the right of this picture (in front of the Nemo theater). It appears to be about the same size and configuration, just not as themed.

The areas are pretty small for the number of guests who are likely going to want to watch the shows. image.jpeg

count on EVERY area ( FP, dining package, standby, and all the HC accessible areas) to be jammed.

1) Yes.
2) They are providing access to the viewing, not special accommodations.
3) All areas, including DAS/Handicapped will be crowded TO THE MAX, especially in the beginning.
4) The seating area is really not that large.
. . . there are more seats for RoL (approx 5,000), but DAS and handicapped will be comparable.

NOTE:
WDW follows all ADA regulations.
They allow ACCESS not EXCESS.
It would not be fair to others to have more spacious areas than for other folks.
Plus, we hear that handicapped areas will allow a wheelchair/ECV/stroller-as-a-chair with only ONE parent or accompanying guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter