• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Darn you Dis'ers! Leaving WDW 50 pounds heavier...

Sadly, I have restricted myself to one of each treat while at WDW - one Mickey bar, one apple (I get mine at Karamell-Kuche in Germany), one glace from France, one ice cream from the Plaza. Good for you for going apple-wild!

If you like caramel apples, make sure to have a LeFeou's Brew...it's like a caramel apple slush, and it's very good!
Great, add this to my list of things to try! :rolleyes:

My son chose an apple (the white chocolate one with the crumb coating on the bottom half) as his treat the first day. We brought it back and put it in the fridge where it sat until it was time to go home. We packed it in our bag and put it back in the fridge when we got home, where it continued to sit. Finally one day, he decided it was time to enjoy it. Purchased on July 4, eaten on August 13! It was delicious!!

How the heck did he manage to wait a month to try it?!? That apple would have stood no chance with me (clearly)!

Mmmmmm, caramel apples!! I'm almost positive calories don't count at Disney!! :D

Thats exactly right....I sure hope!:eek:

You need to go to Goofy's candy shop in DTD. You can custom make your own apple! :love:
Yes, 5 of the 8 apples came from there. We might as well buy stock in Goofy's Candy Co.

I think I gained 2 or 3 pounds on our recent trip, despite all the walking. The long ride home eating beignets, candy, and pastries purchased with our left over snack credits didn't help! But I caught some bug at Disney, and after spending 3 days at home sleeping on my couch with no appetite or energy after the trip, the pounds disappeared!

BTW is Lefous brew anything like a butterbeer?:jumping1:

It is in that it is a signature drink and has a similar consistency as the frozen butterbeer, but it is less cloyingly sweet and has a better flavor. It has an apple flavor with caramel and maybe some spice (cinnamon?) and is very, very good.

Full disclosure, I hate the taste of butterbeer.

My son chose an apple (the white chocolate one with the crumb coating on the bottom half) as his treat the first day. We brought it back and put it in the fridge where it sat until it was time to go home. We packed it in our bag and put it back in the fridge when we got home, where it continued to sit. Finally one day, he decided it was time to enjoy it. Purchased on July 4, eaten on August 13! It was delicious!!

That's the "Apple Pie Caramel Apple" - the best one in my opinion. I love these things. However, I don't think I could eat 8 of them in one trip.

Ok I've never had disney's caramel apples. I've seen them everywhere and they look absolutely gorgeous but I can't figure out how to eat it at the park. Do you cut them with those silly plastic knives? Or do you go crazy and just bite into them? It just feels so messy that way...

Ok I've never had disney's caramel apples. I've seen them everywhere and they look absolutely gorgeous but I can't figure out how to eat it at the park. Do you cut them with those silly plastic knives? Or do you go crazy and just bite into them? It just feels so messy that way...

They will cut them into slices for you when you buy them :)

Last time we went to Disney we had the free dining plan. My oh my, I walked around with a permanent food baby for 5 days! Whenever I have a really big meal and some drinks I look 5 months pregnant. And with the DP we were eating all day long with all those desserts and snacks :mickeybarMy pants barely fit on some days.

You can eat all you want and you won't gain a pound.

Wow, lucky.

Purchased on July 4, eaten on August 13! It was delicious!!

o_O
BTW is Lefous brew anything like a butterbeer?:jumping1:

Brew is about 80 times sweeter.

It is in that it is a signature drink and has a similar consistency as the frozen butterbeer, but it is less cloyingly sweet and has a better flavor.

Exact opposite taste buds to my family. Brew was so sweet we had to throw an entire one away; thought it would be like butterbeer and bought two for the 3 of us to share (at Uni we each generally get our OWN butterbeer). Never touched the second, and barely finished the first. We are a dessert-eating family at home, but desserts we can eat at themeparks are rare (types of sugar and gelatin are things we have to watch for). I read the ingredients of the Brew, thought it would be OK, then holy moly my teeth nearly fell out from the sweet. Even my sugar-loving son couldn't help us out.

(While I do not like the taste of the cold butterbeer (but it's not sweeter, to me, than Brew), I adore the frozen. And the hot, mmmm. Plus the hot doesn't give me brainfreeze.)

They will cut them into slices for you when you buy them :)

Oh dear, maybe I shouldn't have learned that. I too have avoided the caramel apples because they looked to unwieldy to eat from the stick, and because I like keeping my teeth. But in smaller denominations...I could deal with that. :earsboy:

Wow, lucky.

o_O

Brew is about 80 times sweeter.

Exact opposite taste buds to my family. Brew was so sweet we had to throw an entire one away; thought it would be like butterbeer and bought two for the 3 of us to share (at Uni we each generally get our OWN butterbeer). Never touched the second, and barely finished the first. We are a dessert-eating family at home, but desserts we can eat at themeparks are rare (types of sugar and gelatin are things we have to watch for). I read the ingredients of the Brew, thought it would be OK, then holy moly my teeth nearly fell out from the sweet. Even my sugar-loving son couldn't help us out.

(While I do not like the taste of the cold butterbeer (but it's not sweeter, to me, than Brew), I adore the frozen. And the hot, mmmm. Plus the hot doesn't give me brainfreeze.)

Wait...they have hot butter beer? I loved the frozen, hated the regular cold, but hot sounds interesting. May be about time for another US trip. LOL

In our house, they're called "Buffet Pants." :rolleyes1

tumblr_mdvm1xJMgd1rgf5nmo1_400.gif

When we don't have a park vacation planned, we have been known to drive 12 hours for an offsite stay. Then we go to Goofy's Candy Co and get at least 12 apples to bring home. We buy a special apple for some of our family and friends with a few thrown in for us to enjoy as well. And we always have to get at least 2 of the Apple Pie apples. OK.. Now you have me needing a Disney Springs trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter