• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAH selling out - how long can I wait to buy?

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
Long story short: I found out about a week ago that the company may be sending my dh to a conference in Orlando. I have told him for years that if he goes to this conference (it's annual, he hasn't been since the boys are old enough to leave home alone), that I am coming with him and I am going to Disney all Day.

I see that there is a DAH at MK on 5/9, which works with this conference. His biggest beef against WDW is the heat and the crowds. DAH would have neither, and he could come with me after the conference. WIN!

But I may not know until about 2 weeks out. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but what are my chances of getting tickets to this type of event on that short notice?

Long story short: I found out about a week ago that the company may be sending my dh to a conference in Orlando. I have told him for years that if he goes to this conference (it's annual, he hasn't been since the boys are old enough to leave home alone), that I am coming with him and I am going to Disney all Day.

I see that there is a DAH at MK on 5/9, which works with this conference. His biggest beef against WDW is the heat and the crowds. DAH would have neither, and he could come with me after the conference. WIN!

But I may not know until about 2 weeks out. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but what are my chances of getting tickets to this type of event on that short notice?

I have never been to one, but I follow the DAH MK thread here on the DIS. I think it's only sold out maybe once....or twice? I apologize I'm not sure. Visit the thread and look at the history to have the question answered.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...read-june-aug-“villains”-dates-added.3713652/

The first page of the thread linked by the PP has detailed tables with historical MK DAH dates with sell out dates noted where applicable. See Posts 3 and 11. The most recent MK DAH dates have not been selling out as much as years past, generally speaking.

Other than 2016, there is no history of DAH in May, so the quick answer is we don’t really know the likelihood of a sell out. My guess would be it won’t just given May crowds, but I’d hate for you to take that as bankable advice.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies. I read through that thread over a week ago, just didn't remember that it had historical info. I'll go back through it.

I just want his job to say yea or nay so I know if I can get my tickets!

We did an after hours at ak back in January bought the tickets that morning. When we checked in the cm was surprised at how few tickets had been sold and this was the Tuesday before the marathon

I think they even cancelled a scheduled date in May.. maybe that was do to low interest? Hope so for you and me ... I am going the 16 ; 0)

I think they even cancelled a scheduled date in May.. maybe that was do to low interest? Hope so for you and me ... I am going the 16 ; 0)

FWIW, that 5/7 date at DAK was reportedly released in error and a DAH event on 5/6 will soon be added to the calendar. This is from reports from guests who received calls from Disney about cancelling 5/7.

Well, crums. Work decided not to send him. I'm bummed.

For everyone going to a DAH, have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter