Dad vs. Kid re: Christmas :)

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Awhile back my 9 year old son overheard me tell my husband that I would love to do a Christmas Disney trip someday. Granted. i meant a few/several years down the road once we were past the Santa stage. My husband is less than enthusiastic on the idea.

So today, out of the blue my son asks my husband, "So Daddy, can our next Christmas be at Disney?"

And my husband decided he would try to convince my son why he wouldn't like Disney at Christmas. It was cute to watch him try :)

Now, he hit with the hardest at first (my son is an avid snowboarder and a lover of snow): "You wouldn't want to spend Christmas there, there's no snow!"

To which my son looked at my husband like he is without a doubt the dumbest creature alive: "Um Dad? Who cares? We would be at Disney!"

For every reason my husband tried to give him, my son and daughter shut him down, lol. In the end he conceded defeat admitting that yes, they would indeed love Christmas at Disney :)

*sigh* Now if we could just win the lottery!

Awhile back my 9 year old son overheard me tell my husband that I would love to do a Christmas Disney trip someday. Granted. i meant a few/several years down the road once we were past the Santa stage. My husband is less than enthusiastic on the idea.

So today, out of the blue my son asks my husband, "So Daddy, can our next Christmas be at Disney?"

And my husband decided he would try to convince my son why he wouldn't like Disney at Christmas. It was cute to watch him try :)

Now, he hit with the hardest at first (my son is an avid snowboarder and a lover of snow): "You wouldn't want to spend Christmas there, there's no snow!"

To which my son looked at my husband like he is without a doubt the dumbest creature alive: "Um Dad? Who cares? We would be at Disney!"

For every reason my husband tried to give him, my son and daughter shut him down, lol. In the end he conceded defeat admitting that yes, they would indeed love Christmas at Disney :)

*sigh* Now if we could just win the lottery!
LOVE IT!!!
And you know, we have found our Christmas trips to be about the same cost as our September and/or October trips and our spring trips.
Perhaps instead of one, do the other?
I truly love WDW at Christmas, Halloween is fun as was Flower and Garden, but Christmas has my Disney heart!
ETA: We don't go right on Christmas but around the 10th - 18th, similar week every year!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter