D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys... big question...

What time will I need to be there to line up for the Animation Panel?

Will I need to be there around 4/5am or later?

No one can predict the future. No one can tell you what time you need to be there. The line opens at 10pm the night before. It's predicted to be pretty crazy this year. Use that information as you will.

I mean in years past... to attend the 2nd Hall D23 Presentation, at what time did you usually line up?

So that I don't miss the Animation Panel, I'm going to choose to skip the Legends Panel on Friday morning. I'm planning on getting to the expo around 2-3 am, but do I need to get into the Show Floor line or the Animation Panel line?

Will I be able to get a stage pass or a shopping pass before getting into line for Animation?

At least for 2015, the line for the second panel in Hall D23 started forming once those lined up for the first panel were cleared and taken into the hall. This year might vary, depending on demand.

There is a lot of speculation in regards to the expo being much busier this year, but so far only Saturday single day tickets have sold out.

I did not feel the Saturday crush as much last time, because I was in the Hall D23 panels all day, or in Hall E waiting for them. I may try this again this year. (Live Action & Parks). I get to see the floor and Archives exhibit usually on Sundays.

My opinion, you do not have to arrive overnight for Animation, that is a PM panel. Of course, some people line up that early for it, probably. I will scout the floor Friday AM for a few hours and then join the Animation line by noon. Again, just my opinion, and I will track the length of the line via Twitter, if it is filling up, I will head down to it. There should be a line for Legends, and for the floor on Friday morning, and possibly some for Animation. (I am ok sitting in the back)/

I doubt I will go in the stores this time, I really wasted too much time waiting for them at prior Expos. Maybe the Dream Store if there is no line.

I did not feel the Saturday crush as much last time, because I was in the Hall D23 panels all day, or in Hall E waiting for them. I may try this again this year. (Live Action & Parks). I get to see the floor and Archives exhibit usually on Sundays.

My opinion, you do not have to arrive overnight for Animation, that is a PM panel. Of course, some people line up that early for it, probably. I will scout the floor Friday AM for a few hours and then join the Animation line by noon. Again, just my opinion, and I will track the length of the line via Twitter, if it is filling up, I will head down to it. There should be a line for Legends, and for the floor on Friday morning, and possibly some for Animation. (I am ok sitting in the back)/

I doubt I will go in the stores this time, I really wasted too much time waiting for them at prior Expos. Maybe the Dream Store if there is no line.

Who do you follow on Twitter to gauge line length? Trying to get my plan of attack figured out this weekend and have to get hubby on board with who will be responsible for what. Trying not to stress out about too much, but I'm a planner and I try to prepare for everything lol

Maybe this will help. I am planning to see Friday's Animation in the D23 Hall. I am planning to arrive at the Expo at 6AM at the latest - maybe 5AM. But not because I think one needs to be there that early to see Animation. It is because it takes a long time to get into the convention center and the earlier the better.

I am planning to get in line for Animation at maybe around 10AM. But I may peak at the Hall E queue earlier and if it is getting long I may get in line earlier. But I suspect 10AM will be fine based on previous Expos.

:wizard:

Last question. I promise!...I became a gold member after I purchased my D23 expo ticket. When I emailed, I was told that they received my request and switched my membership to gold. When I got my credentials in the mail, nothing seems to designate that I'm a gold member on my credentials. Did everyone just get the same white/blue credential with just your name, event guest, and 3 day pass on it? I have heard that previous Expo credentials have shown that you are a gold member.

Last question. I promise!...I became a gold member after I purchased my D23 expo ticket. When I emailed, I was told that they received my request and switched my membership to gold. When I got my credentials in the mail, nothing seems to designate that I'm a gold member on my credentials. Did everyone just get the same white/blue credential with just your name, event guest, and 3 day pass on it? I have heard that previous Expo credentials have shown that you are a gold member.
We are gold members as well. My ticket also just says event guest. From what I have read on another forum everyone's says the same thing. You will need to show your gold membership card to get in the priority lines for the D23 Hall or any other gold member items. In 2015 the passes said silver/gold on them if you were a member and it allowed you to get in a line to get in Expo early but since Silver was free to join at the time I thought our gold membership gave us no benefit really since it seemed like everyone was in that line. This year they did away with the early entry but have priority lines for the D23 Hall presentations for Gold members.

I do not remember past Expos having gold membership listed on the passes. Each year attendees were instructed to bring their D23 membership card with them. I had to show it at the entrance to get in early to the Expo. I have been assuming this year will be similar.

@AMusicLifeForMe Echoing what @disneyfor3 said, all the credentials read the same. Previously years designated Gold/Silver on them, because a perk was getting in an hour earlier.

Of course...that was a perk that was hard to actually produce because of the volume of people and length of the lines.

D23 has offered the Gold lines instead, plus the free gift...both with membership card.

@Carrie Gruber You should download the app once it's available, they use push notifications. I follow D23 itself, the OC Register, Parks and Cons. I also use the #D23Expo hashtag to see what's popping up during the Expo.

That would be great if the app would drop right after the 4th holiday. I need to do more planning but feel pretty ham-stringed.

I have a list of panels I want to see, but so far there are not really many autograph singing times up yet. I have some must do autographs so I am getting anxious because I want to plan.

That would be great if the app would drop right after the 4th holiday. I need to do more planning but feel pretty ham-stringed.

I have a list of panels I want to see, but so far there are not really many autograph singing times up yet. I have some must do autographs so I am getting anxious because I want to plan.
It seems like for past Expos, announcements of new happenings and events at the Expo continued almost right up until the Expo. So any well laid plans may get disrupted by further announcements. Since I have been to three Expos, I know my own priorities and how to achieve them - so it is a bit easier for me. I just wish they made the Expos 10 days long so I could see everything that interests me!

It seems like for past Expos, announcements of new happenings and events at the Expo continued almost right up until the Expo. So any well laid plans may get disrupted by further announcements. Since I have been to three Expos, I know my own priorities and how to achieve them - so it is a bit easier for me. I just wish they made the Expos 10 days long so I could see everything that interests me!

10 days would be great, let's get that petition started. I do go to lots of conventions, so I'm used to having to pick and choose. I just don't think I'm used to every single thing at conventions appealing to me.

@Carrie Gruber You should download the app once it's available, they use push notifications. I follow D23 itself, the OC Register, Parks and Cons. I also use the #D23Expo hashtag to see what's popping up during the Expo.

I definitely vouch for Parks & Cons as well, they are a great resource that offers up to the minute tips and updates. The ones behind the account are seasoned con attendees.

They recently posted a visual guide from the ACC to help anyone that might be going to the expo for the first time. Link to video.

I do not remember past Expos having gold membership listed on the passes. Each year attendees were instructed to bring their D23 membership card with them. I had to show it at the entrance to get in early to the Expo. I have been assuming this year will be similar.

Yep they did have silver/gold member listed on it in 2015. I just went and checked my son's he has hanging in his room with his Zootopia Stagepass on the other side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter