D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Im surprised they are streaming the parks panel. Im actually thinking of skipping out now and watching it later.Maybe I can go to the parks instead 🤔
Edit to add: they really shouldve announced thile live schedule pre-registration so people would have an idea of what to prioritize or not.

Disney had a refillable bottle for sale with the merchandise with the badges - never misses a trick. ;) Mine is nicer and I know it's water tight.

You can bring bags into panels.* :) In the past they also provided a "free" tote when you enter to stash all the giveaways/purchases, but they have also been getting smaller and cheaper in quality. I generally take a roomy tote to carry my stuff and then pack a smaller eco bag to carry purchases/giveaways. They have offered a Bag check in the past, but generally it's for large purchases, if that makes senses.

*There is a size limit in the Things to Know section on the website: Suitcases, bags, coolers, or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24 inches long x 15 inches wide x 18 inches high (61 cm x 38 cm x 46 cm) are not allowed.
https://d23expo.com/things-to-know/

I love my hydroflask and will be bringing it.

Im surprised they are streaming the parks panel. Im actually thinking of skipping out now and watching it later.Maybe I can go to the parks instead 🤔
Edit to add: they really shouldve announced thile live schedule pre-registration so people would have an idea of what to prioritize or not.
I agree.

Agreed. Also for many of the big panels the free swag is a fun reminder and souvenir too.

folks still ask where I got my Disney+ hat.

I still wear mine and get asked too.

Wait- there's free swag for the big panels?! Is that only for preferred or anyone who attends the panel?
For everyone. Usually, live-action and animation will get posters for whatever they are announcing, sometimes multiple posters. They sometimes have hats or pins too.

For the bag check, it usually fills up extremely quickly with people who rush to the stores and buy bags upon bags of merchandise and then immediately go to the bag check. Most of the time when I walk by they say they are full. Don't count on bag check being available.

Ugh, last few pages talking about all the lines and process are giving me pre-event anxiety and reigniting my frustration I couldn’t get the premiere pass (yet again).

I guess I’m one of those rare Disney people that doesn’t tolerate lines well. And I’m not a morning person at all. I guess I’ll just go in with low expectations, hope I get a Marvel reservation, and just deal with whatever I get.

I’m renting an ECV cause I can’t be on my feet for long so hopefully that helps with waiting in lines.

I didn’t realize that reservations for the BoxLunch store was already online. I guess it’s been posted online for a while after reveal of the D23 gold member gift. Luckily my friend got a spot for us on Friday morning.

Disney had a refillable bottle for sale with the merchandise with the badges - never misses a trick. ;) Mine is nicer and I know it's water tight.

You can bring bags into panels.* :) In the past they also provided a "free" tote when you enter to stash all the giveaways/purchases, but they have also been getting smaller and cheaper in quality. I generally take a roomy tote to carry my stuff and then pack a smaller eco bag to carry purchases/giveaways. They have offered a Bag check in the past, but generally it's for large purchases, if that makes senses.

*There is a size limit in the Things to Know section on the website: Suitcases, bags, coolers, or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24 inches long x 15 inches wide x 18 inches high (61 cm x 38 cm x 46 cm) are not allowed.
https://d23expo.com/things-to-know/
I’m glad they are allowing rolling bags inside. I don’t think my shoulders could take it after a couple of hours with all my goodies. I have the R2D2 rolling luggage within the dimensions.

I had a feeling they were going to live stream a lot of the panels…actually I think all but 1 of the panels we selected are going to be live streamed so honestly not gonna be bummed if we don’t end up getting any of our selections.

Energy or not it’s the same information wether in person or live streamed so If I can catch the information on the stream totally cool with it to not deal with trying to grab a seat or deal with lines and whatnot, I’ll save my line waiting for the shopping LOL

I didn’t realize that reservations for the BoxLunch store was already online. I guess it’s been posted online for a while after reveal of the D23 gold member gift. Luckily my friend got a spot for us on Friday morning.
Whats the link to reserve or is it dead already?

Are you sure? I opened the link the second it was posted for boxed lunch and there was never space. I thought it went live day of?

Are you sure? I opened the link the second it was posted for boxed lunch and there was never space. I thought it went live day of?
I got a BL reservation for Sunday morning a few days ago. After the fact, I saw the "day of" info on the FB group, so I went back to my confirmation email and clicked on the link to see if my reservation was still there. It looks like it is, so I'm hoping it means a lucky few got through before they decided to disable reservations until the expo advent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter