Cypress Pointe Grande Villas - PERFECT stay!

scooffer

Mouseketeer
From the moment we arrived at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, it was just perfect. We rented our unit from Tony Aramouni (aramouni@bellsouth.net) who rents through rentalo.com and Tug2.net. The rate was unbelievable and he was so super easy to work with. We had never rented from an owner before, so i had a ton of questions. He was super nice in answering all of them, and so fast/quick to respond! He was easily able to secure us a Monday to Monday rental. Tony placed a request for us to get a fully renovated room, on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. He followed up with that request with the front desk, until nearly the minute we arrived. Tony was on top of everything and assured us he would do his best to get us the best room... and he DID! :yay: We did not get any pressure to attend a timeshare meeting, we were invited, but we politely declined and that was the end of it. We got calls daily from maintenance about updates they were doing to the units, like light bulbs, outlets, etc, but no timeshare calls! :woohoo:

The 2 bedroom room had a full kitchen, 2 full baths, master bath with a jacuzzi tub. Master bed had King bed, dressing chair, and a flat screen TV, plenty of room. 2nd bedroom had 2 twin beds, 2 dressers and a TV (which my boys loved, since they do not have a TV in their room at home!). The kitchen was well equipped (even a pitcher to make iced tea and a blender!) and clean. The dining room had seating for 6 and living room with a pull out couch.

The 3 pools in the Grande Villas were all very easy to walk to, we could see all 3 from our balcony. The kids "turtle" pool was a blessing, as I could just let my 4 and 2 year old play in there, as I sat on the louge chair to watch. It was only 1.5 feet deep, the whole thing! Since it was the week before Memorial day, there were not many people there, enough for my kids to find playmates, but not too many that I had to worry about them. The mini golf was nice, and the playground was a perfect size. We were provided with very large beach towels in our rooms that we took to the pool with us, no need to use our own. :woohoo: Since it was a condo/timeshare, there was no maid service, but there was a vacuum cleaner available in our room. The provided some paper towels, toiletpaper and tissues. As well as dish detergent, sponge, oven mits, dish towels and dishwasher detergent.

The staff was great, all friendly, Helena at the front desk was awesome. :worship:

The laundry in our room was ideal, we could do small loads (about half what I would do at home) and did at least 2 a day.

There was a little deli that made pizzas and grinders, was fine and an activity center. The activity center was not getting much activity from the rental units, but the teenager running it was very nice and it was such a cute place, right in the middle of the pools and playground.

The locaiton was PERFECT, across the street was a Walgreens, and in my opinion there is not much you can't get at Walgreens (they even had a coffee machine)! Right next door was a supermarket, and such for some groceries. The resort is immediately off Apopka Vineland, so you have resturants, shopping (huge outlets) and souveniers... not to mention within 2 miles from Downtown Disney! Getting around was so easy and much to our surprise convienent!

The ONLY tiny negative to mention was that the units have a lockoff room, which is sometimes sold as a 1 bedroom effecieny, or combined to make a 3 bedroom unit. For the most part this was not a problem, but there was some noise in that room and the hallway the Saturday night we were there... but we were so beat from Animal Kingdom, we just slept through it. The other 6 nights we were there were no issues! However, I would not rent that unit as as a 1 bedroom, pay the little extra for the 2 bedroom if you don't need the 2nd bedroom.

We will definately be staying again!! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter