CVS testing was easy and free in California

Ella enchanted

Earning My Ears
I hope this post helps out another family!
I was pretty nervous and unsure about which testing would be best and return results in time- so I am sharing what worked for us in hopes it helps someone else along the way!
We booked CVS tests Monday for Friday afternoon appts( there were still plenty of appts available)
We took a taxi from hotel to CVS drive thru, the tech explained exactly how to self swab and confirmed all info and then we placed all items in a drop box. The whole process took about 20 mins for 5 of us.
We got our results 29 hours later. Adults log on to My Chart site to see ans print theirs and for the kids I called the number provided and they faxed the results to hotel.
Tests were free, the tech knew we were Canadians and had no problem with it.

How did the taxi driver feel about driving through a covid test? And what was the cost of the taxi? Wasn't sure if this was a common procedure and am considering renting a car incase it was "bad etiquette" but if it isn't that uncommon then I can just tip nicely :)

How did the taxi driver feel about driving through a covid test? And what was the cost of the taxi? Wasn't sure if this was a common procedure and am considering renting a car incase it was "bad etiquette" but if it isn't that uncommon then I can just tip nicely :)
We were very upfront with him - told him we simply needed it for travel home. He said he had taken a few travellers before for tests. No problem. You wear a mask in taxi too

Good luck!!!! Keep us posted how it goes..
Thanks! Everything went great today! Super quick and thorough. The sign on the window said that results come in 1 or 2 days. We tested right around the 71 hour mark from our flights, so that should give us lots of time to get our results; and yes, it was free! Will let you all know how long our results take. Now for prayers for negative tests!

Good luck!!!! Keep us posted how it goes..
All went great! We got our results in 24 hours! For anyone who has used CVS for minors, how did you get a copy of the results? I called the number to find out what the results are but I need the copy to show the airlines. I was going to look into it tomorrow, but if anyone knows off hand, let me know!

Thank you!! Thankfully this is where I made my appointments! We are there now. Praying we get our results quickly as well!
All went great! We got our results in 24 hours! For anyone who has used CVS for minors, how did you get a copy of the results? I called the number to find out what the results are but I need the copy to show the airlines. I was going to look into it tomorrow, but if anyone knows off hand, let me know!
call that same number back and they will fax the kids results to your hotel

Thank you for sharing! We went to DL
CA as well in August and we had appts booked at CVS but when I called them they said at the time the results could be 3-4 days. I think it was because of the surge but wasn’t sure and to be safe we went with the covid clinic which was super quick, efficient but cost $$$. I don’t know that we’ll go back to California any time soon (just because Florida is much closer for us) but this is great to know!

My plan was cvs as well but I noticed that the test times only go from around 10am-4pm, i have been checking daily. This along with the stress of some people saying results have been delayed prompted me to book a 90/standard test at 6am with guaranteed 24 hour results. This way we can go before park opens and i won't have the stress of worrying if they will come on time. I booked with worksitelabs.com We have a car and it is a 30 minute drive to long beach but my daughter and I both decided it was worth it. That way we don't have to leave park, go get car during 10-4 time period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter