current special effect magic bands in the parks?

Sorry, Cameron. I haven't any idea how long Disney keeps the audio tracks' activation current. Kylo Ren and the Easter MBs are triggering audio now.

Perhaps someone with a Darth Vader or Yoda MB can report as to whether they still trigger the audio - those two MBs from June 2014 were the first audio MBs. I know @mesaboy2 has the Yoda MB but am not sure if he has recently used it.

Ethan @ magicbandcollectors.com may know. He's the ultimate source for MBs.

My boys used their Darth Vader and Yoda MBs this past November (purchased at SWW in June '14) and they still made their sounds. When we were going through a FP+ line and the DV band turned the reader red, some woman/guest behind us was trying to explain to us that the reader didn't work for my DS. I explained that if it didn't work, it would've turned it blue, that it was a special band (and the CM was right there!), etc. but I still think she was skeptical.

Usually just a second or two.

i was more asking about how long will they work, as in how many years will the band access that effect?

Sorry, Cameron. I haven't any idea how long Disney keeps the audio tracks' activation current. Kylo Ren and the Easter MBs are triggering audio now.

Perhaps someone with a Darth Vader or Yoda MB can report as to whether they still trigger the audio - those two MBs from June 2014 were the first audio MBs. I know @mesaboy2 has the Yoda MB but am not sure if he has recently used it.

Ethan @ magicbandcollectors.com may know. He's the ultimate source for MBs.
i left a message but it got over looked by ethan, i went ahead and got the christmas 14 band since i found a great deal I've read that the fast pass and room key and park entrance could last forever just the ride known when your on it and stuff like that may switch off after certain number of years

My boys used their Darth Vader and Yoda MBs this past November (purchased at SWW in June '14) and they still made their sounds. When we were going through a FP+ line and the DV band turned the reader red, some woman/guest behind us was trying to explain to us that the reader didn't work for my DS. I explained that if it didn't work, it would've turned it blue, that it was a special band (and the CM was right there!), etc. but I still think she was skeptical.
i love cast members and guests who've never seen them and the reactions they make

We are going on vacation in a week. What bands are available for purchase now that have special effects?

I have a bunch of different bands and I rotate which ones I wear based on the parks I am visiting that day.

Also very appropriate that my 1000th post on the boards is about MBs!

I would agree!!! CONGRATULATIONS on 1000!!!

We are going on vacation in a week. What bands are available for purchase now that have special effects?

- Flower and Garden Festival MagicBand
- Easter MagicBand (still plenty of these left)
- MVMCP 2015 band is at the nearby outlet store for $11.99
- DVC 25th Anniversary band if you are a DVC member (four different colors)

These all make lights and/or sounds at certain touch points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter