Current fashions: What will we one day cringe over?

JennaDeeDooDah

My oh my what a wonderful day!
When we look back at the 80s, people really cringe at the shoulder pads, hair styles, and parachute pants. They used to cringe at the tights, but they seem to have made quite the comeback. For the 70s, people cringe at the leisure suits, the disco shirts, and many of the printed shirts that the men wore. What is in fashion today that you are pretty sure you, your kids, or your friends will look back on and go, "What was I thinking?!?!"

I think Crocs are a safe bet. Likely Uggs are, as well, especially when worn with tempo shorts. What do you think?

When we look back at the 80s, people really cringe at the shoulder pads, hair styles, and parachute pants. They used to cringe at the tights, but they seem to have made quite the comeback. For the 70s, people cringe at the leisure suits, the disco shirts, and many of the printed shirts that the men wore. What is in fashion today that you are pretty sure you, your kids, or your friends will look back on and go, "What was I thinking?!?!"

I think Crocs are a safe bet. Likely Uggs are, as well, especially when worn with tempo shorts. What do you think?

Shorts with Crocks has my vote.

If you look back over time, you will realize that almost nothing is new and everything gets recycled and given a new name.

I'm 59 and have seen *short shorts* turned into *hot pants* turned into whatever they call them today at AF.

I've worn poodle-skirts, straight skirts (now called pencil skirts), mini-skirts and then tie-dyed-skirts.

I do think that shoulder pads were horrid and I would remove them from most of the outfits I wore. I also think that the 80's had the worst clothing styles, music and hairdos.

I've finally reached the age where I don't worry about the latest styles. :laughing:

Emo
Gauges
Zebra print everywhere

Uggs

Pajama pants worn outside the home

Ear discs

tramp stamps

and my 15 year old daughters bright purple hair.

The saggy pants on men - having to hold your pants up by the beltloop so you don't show your hiney - ugh! For goodness sakes, buy a belt or some pants that fit! :scared:

That ... and women leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination with the uber-tight clothing. Showing the world your bra (or worse yet, thong :crazy2:).

Those are things I cringe over today, so I know I will cringe looking back years from now if I have to see them again.

Uggs
Gauges
Corn Chip Nail Tips
Skinny jeans on non-skinny people

But knee high boots are awesome.

I cringe over that now.:lmao:

I bought my 3 year old what I THOUGHT was a cute pair of jeans. Yeah turns out they were skinny jeans! :eek: They look awful and he LOVES them! He only gets to wear them out of the house with a LONG t-shirt. I think they look stupid.

And that STUPID Kim Kardashian hair over the shoulder hairdo that EVERYBODY wears!!! I am SOOOO sick of it! :scared:

images

long-wavy-golden-blonde-hair.jpg

Hot-Giuliana-Rancic.jpg

SELENA-GOMEZ-psd22753.png

personally, I dont like the current teen-girl hair do,

where they part their hair just above one ear and try and comb it over and make it stay on the other side of their head.

It just looks silly, to me.

personally, I dont like the current teen-girl hair do,

where they part their hair just above one ear and try and comb it over and make it stay on the other side of their head.

It just looks silly, to me.
I'm not a fan of that, either. I also don't like the guy hairstyle that has the longer bangs pushed to the side where they keep having to toss their head to keep their hair out of the eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter