• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious? Will you continue to plan future trips?

How will the new price increases/quality decreases affect future trips

• They won't. We will still go to WDW exactly as planned

Votes: 83 46.9%
  • Eh. We will still go to WDW but for less days, not stay on site, book less ADRs

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • This trip? It's the last for a few years. With the changes, I'm not planning on a future trip

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • We are taking time off and trying other places for our vacation.

Votes: 36 20.3%

• Total voters
I didn't take the poll, because none of the answers quite fit for me.

We are cutting down the number of night stays. So far this year, we stayed 3 nights in January and the only additional plan is for 2 nights. Typically we stayed all 5 weekends of SWW and numerous other times throughout the year. Since there's no SWW, but there is the Darkside Challenge, we are staying 2 nights only.

Food price increases have changed our dining. We use to eat somewhere at WDW once a week for dinner. That hasn't happened in a long time. It's just too expensive. Even CS have out priced us. So since we live so close, we eat either before we go or once we leave a park.

In June, dh and I changed our passes upon renewal. We went from years and years of PAP to AP. When ds' was up for renewal in October, we changed his from PAP to Platinum.

Once we got use to our changes, it hasn't made our experiences at WDW any less enjoyable. We have a great time every time we visit. Whether just a couple hours or a weekend.

Still going as planned next year. Very excited about all the new things there will be to do! And will go again a few years later.
We have never made Disney our only vacation spot.

I stand corrected. But that means there's still more coming to Disney Springs! Even better!

Disney World lists 143 attractions. They also list 276 shops. Pretty close to a 2-1 ratio already...

Obviously there is demand or they would not be building more. I just wish they would focus on adding actual capacity instead of shops. Did you know that the new River of Lights show in AK will only be able to accommodate 5000 people? Even Fantasmic has seating for close to 40% more visitors and that was a show created 18 years ago. Think how much crowds have grown in that time...

Penny-wise, pound-foolish... but hey, they can get you to stay at their Deluxe hotel to get a 30 day headstart on fastpasses for a chance to see the show. (coming soon... tiered fastpasses based on your hotel category)

We used to go every year for two weeks, but on our last trip I was shocked by the amount of money we spent (especially on dining) and it just didn't feel very magical. We will return, but our trips will be once every 3-4 years instead of annually. We live on the west coast, so we can go to DLR for a day or two to get our Disney fix.

A PP stated that people don't follow through but rest assured I gave up our PAP last spring and we wouldn't be doing this upcoming trip if my sister and her family hadn't wanted to go.

Diminished hours during Easter, entertainment eliminated at WS, FW has less to do and non-assigned seating at the Wishes Dessert party are just a few of the things that are missing that decrease the value for us.

The only change for us is spreading out the vacations a little more. Our first two trips were about $3k. Our third was $4k (silly "Disney adult" prices) but included "free dining." However, the 4th will be nearly $5k due to increases in peak prices, and so we have to wait until December 2017. It's ok-- hopefully more new things will be open by then.

It isn't the prices that are keeping us away from the Mouse House. It is all the construction. Not sure when our next trip will be but it might be after Avatarland opens. Although i would really like to see River of Lights, the new Soarin and the new Frozen ride in EPCOT. We really need to go see Potterville.

I'm undecided about this year and next year but largely because of the low Cdn dollar. The WDW price increases and less to do until construction is finished certainly feeds into this via even less bang for my buck but not as much as my currency woes. Right now, I can go to Europe (incl return airfare) on Cdn specific promos for a week and a half no frills bus tour for the same money that I can spend for a week and a half at the POP. I'm thinking I should do more Europe while I'm still young, in good health and have the energy to do it. WDW used to be my inexpensive value break during the Fall F&W. I was content at a Value resort because saving money was my rationale for the trip. Now Value is crazy expensive when paid for in Cdn dollars. It would take a big at par promo for me to look at a week plus WDW vacation. And given the volume of US and South American guests that WDW is enjoying right now, that just isn't realistic.

I chose #2 but that only sort of fits my thoughts. After our 2014 trip we decided to take a year off for the first time in a decade. This year we are doing 7 nuts on the fantasy and added on 2 park days. We don't intend to do any more of our typical 10 day wdw trips until some of the new stuff is up and running. We will likeLy stick with DCL plus a wdw day or two for the next couple years. Hoping to do DCL in Alaska for 2017 so we won't have any wdw that year.

It mostly doesn't affect me other than I was going to stretch to a monorail resort for our trip next November. I might just stick to the original moderate plan.

We have gone from going every year to going every other year to going every three years. After our last trip(May/June 2015),which was our first with FP+, we have decided to wait five or six years before going back. We'll be taking our vacation trips elsewhere for a while. So that's how I voted. There are six of us (all Disney "adults") so these yearly ticket price increases really add up. And with the changes like FP+, food price increases, higher crowd levels, and construction for the next several years, it's time to take some time off from WDW.

I love Joe v Volcano. Meg had great hair.
I was looking for a clip about the hotel... you know, Marshall asks him, "Where to? Back to Staten Island?" Joe says, "No. No. Uh, a really nice hotel...the Plaza..." Marshall responds, "The Plaza's nice..." Joe asks, "Well, where would you go?" And Marshall says, "I'd go to the Pierre."

And Joe declares, "Then we are off to the Pierre!"

I was told in January, by a CM who works in marketing, that they are not marketing to the BTGs . They have found that if they focus on things such as Marathons, the rooms and parks fill up, with little to no aggravation. So, they are focusing on different demographics.

In 2000 I had a ton of friends tell me "If Bush is elected I'm moving to Canada"! And then in 2004 they all said "If Bush is re-elected I'm moving to Canada....I mean it this time!" Then in 2008 lots of people on the right were saying "If Obama wins he'll destroy the country and I'm moving to Canada!!!" And in 2012 lots of my friends were saying "If Romney wins I'm moving to Canada!!!"

What's my point? People always act all mad and say "if X happens I'm finished! I'm quitting!" But they never will actually follow through.

And Disney knows this. We're all (humans in general) a bunch of suckers. No one's moving to Canada because a member of their opposing political party is elected President, and nobody is going to quit going to Disneyworld because Disney jacks the prices up a little.

Disney treats us like a frog in cold water that is slowly heated until it's boiling water. If the frog is thrown into boiling water he will jump right out, but if the frog is in cold water and the heat is turned slowly up the frog won't notice and will stay until he's cooked to death.

If Disney had jacked prices up to $100 for a day ticket back in 2008 maybe people would've stopped going. But they jacked them up slowly and we are all the frogs who got comfortable with the "heat" of ever increasing prices. So, much like the people who threaten to move to Canada, a bunch of people will follow me on this threads talking of how this is the end for them. Their finished with Disney! This is the last straw! But they don't mean it.

But if Donald Trump becomes President I'm moving to Canada! I'm super serious this time! I just have to figure out how to speak Canadian first....

Yeah, yeah. But I'm actually seeing it happen as a local. This year I didn't renew my AP (and I stopped renewing the rest of the family's two years ago--I only kept mine because I have many friends who visit several times a year). My sister also stopped renewing her family's a couple of years ago in favor of Universal, as did my sister-in-law's family. It's no longer worth it for any member of my family.
And, coincidentally, I ran into a friend at Target on Wed and we got to talking about DCL and how expensive it has been. She then mentioned how she decided not to renew her two sons' and husband's AP this year. She's keeping hers and her daughter's because her daughter isn't school age yet and can go anytime. But next year--cancel. Too expensive! And she is what most would consider pretty wealthy. When the well to do locals start saying Fl resident APs are too expensive for their family, you know they are expensive. For the record, she and my SIL both have 3 kids, my and sister and I have 2 kids who require tickets--that's a LOT of money for the same old boring parks. Obviously we are just a few (4) families, but those are just the people close to me. It's happening. Slowly but surely, many locals with big-ish families are feeling the pinch.

We may be back in a couple years, but our next Disney trip will probably be Disneyland. I'd like to see that park, hit Universal and spend time in San Diego. We are beach people anyway.
My husband saw a DCL bus and said what about a Disney cruise? I said that would be fun, but three times more money than the other cruise lines.
We had a blast on our trip to WDW a few weeks ago, but I really don't see how people go more than once a year. It doesn't seem like there's enough new stuff for the trip to be exciting. Like others have said, there are so many neat places to show our kids other than Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter