Curious what your travel plans are this year...

How soon will you be willing to fly for vacation or business?

• Not sure because I don't know if I have a job / can afford it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Really curious what your thoughts are about traveling again, especially for flying...
We're scheduled for a redo Disney trip in June (flying) (supposed have left this Tuesday :( )
Flying to see family in late June,
week at the beach in July (some are flying, some driving)
another longer Disney trip in September (flying.)

Planning and hoping to do all if possible/open.

Last edited:
We had our disney trip cancelled in March so we have airline credit that we need to use or lose by the end of the year.
But not feeling overly confident enough to book anything just now as I have several factors putting me at high risk for the virus.
Hate to lose that airline credit though..
What airline? Most are extending the use by dates for credits. I'd look into it and maybe make a call asking them to extend if it's not policy currently.

We are going the 3rd week of June. The only way we will not go is if Disney cancels it for us.

I plan on rebooking my cancelled WDW May vacation for MAY 2021
I'll be calling SouthWest to cancel the airfare tomorrow. If they hold to their usage time for cancellations, I only have until NOV 1 to use it so hopefully going to my condo in AZ. It's all tentative right now.

I have a southwest flight to Dallas on Monday. Wish me luck, or death, whatever you prefer.

The only travel that is booked is to take the kids to my parents for the summer. They leave May 29 and come home July 29. Camps have been cancelled. College tours have been cancelled. My husband is no longer traveling for work, because all non essential travel for his job has been postponed. We were going to do DW in October, but I am now going to postpone that to Summer 2021.

I plan on rebooking my cancelled WDW May vacation for MAY 2021
I'll be calling SouthWest to cancel the airfare tomorrow. If they hold to their usage time for cancellations, I only have until NOV 1 to use it so hopefully going to my condo in AZ. It's all tentative right now.
SW is allowing all credits to be used through 9/2022 currently.

Haven’t cancelled anything yet, but ordinarily I go to the US for American Thanksgiving and we are supposed to go to Toronto in October for a wedding. There’s a lot of uncertainty around those two trips right now, will just have to wait and see what the situation is in the fall.

The last 4 years my family has vacationed in Europe in May but this year we went to WDW the last week of February. We were so lucky to get our trip in!

My DD was supposed to do the Disney FA College program, but it was canceled. We were going to take her down in May and stay a few days and then go visit her in July and at Christmas. May and July are canceled now, not sure about Christmas. We might still go to WDW at Christmas as a family, however, I am not sure if I want to fly, but it's a long drive from Wisconsin. I guess we'll see what WDW looks like at Christmas, meaning modified experiences, masks, etc. and see how desperate I am come Fall. Otherwise, I will just wait until next summer to go somewhere.

My plans were:

WDW July (flying)
Arizona/California (with DL) December (flying)

Now:
honestly, it kinda flipped.

Driving to Arizona in July to visit family and depending on situations going to Sedona and DL while I am out that way.

WDW- October hopefully but again just a wait and see

We've got SW booked for Oct 17 - 27 for a 9 day stay at Board Walk and just yesterday we learned that Horry county in SC, North Myrtle Beach, is allowing VRBO owners to rent so our May 2 - 13 trip which we booked months ago is back on, we're driving to that. Our extended family of 11 is going back there for 2 weeks in late June early July and the 2 of us will return over the Labor Day week. I addition, we've booked a VRBO villa in Davenport Fl for 3 weeks next Feb, we were there for the month of Feb this year and we hit WDW 10 times, we were only 20 mins away. We both retired last Spring and we decided to treat ourselves well, we've seen too many folks our age drop dead while still on the job or shortly after retirement.

Bill From PA

Totally OT but can I ask how you found a rental for 3 weeks? Hubby & I are looking for something like that when I retire next year and I haven’t a clue how to find something.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Pooch

We were supposed to be leaving for WDW in 2 weeks. :sad1:

That trip has been moved to September 29-October 6. My fingers and toes are crossed! Especially as my niece, who lives 12 hours away, is supposed to fly down and join us for a few days.

Our plans were flying to DL the third week in June, which we've canceled. We have a trip booked to WDW the third week of December which we will be going as long as there isn't another resurgence of the virus.

Right now we are scheduled to fly to WDW in mid August and Mid November. We'll see how it goes. If WDW is open we will be there. We were supposed to be at WDW today for a 6 night stay but rescheduled to November.

We cancelled the August 8 night europe DCL. Need to figure out the voucher on the flight- waiting to see if it gets cancelled...
Have 2 nights at a beach hotel 1 hour drive from here July. May cancel. Not sure.
At this point I think all we will do is drive to NYC for my D's birthday in june so she can get her fave japanese food. We still have our apt there so will eat in apt and then drive back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter