• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR vs CBR..Initial trip planning please help!!!!

samiet620

Mouseketeer
:Well inicial planning phase has now begun. We are planning a trip for 2013 to celebrate my DH 50th :goodvibes I have been to Disney only once and it was amazing!!!!!!!:worship: I went alone with the kids, this time we want him to come and experience the amazingness that is a Disney Vacay.:banana: We stayed at the CSR and loved it but am wondering if we should try another resort. Though we loved CSR we didnt love the food there:worried: and Im thinking why not try something diferent:confused3. Is there a thread that focuses on CBR? I know I was swayed to CSR because of the extensive coverage I found on here and that helped alot. I knew what building to pick(casita 2, close enough to foodcourt and a bus stop), The idea of having transportation dedicated to just CSR also appealed to me.The ambiance at CSR was awsome and looking at pics of CBR I think I would love it too especially with wanting to have a romantic evening or two with the hubby:love: Soooo all you CBR experts...HELP!!!!! I plan on booking in December and going in August 2013 so lay on the info please!!!

I personally did not like CBR. But we loved CSR. Much more romantic resort in my opinion. As far as food goes, there is nothing good @ CBR either. We enjoyed the Pepper Market costly but if on DDP it was fine. Would not go otherwise. Too many other good food options in Disney.

We went to CSR in 2009 and to CBR in 2011. We loved the rooms at CSR and overall the resort felt more upgraded if that makes sense. We did, however, have transportation issues (which can happen anywhere) and mousekeeping issues so we didn't go back. When we stayed at CBR we felt the resort needed some TLC, especially in the rooms but we had good luck with the transportation. We did not care for the food court, however.

I think the grounds at both are beautiful, very lush and lots of flowers. Loved walking around the lake at night with my DH at CSR. The pools at both are also very cool.

Overall I think we would definitely choose CSR over CBR.

One question that I would ask your DH is if he minds sleeping in a full size bed, since CBR does not have queens. I know that is a big factor for us, especially when paying the same price.

I think the grounds at both are beautiful, very lush and lots of flowers. Loved walking around the lake at night with my DH at CSR. The pools at both are also very cool.

Overall I think we would definitely choose CSR over CBR.

I agree with the feel at CSR. When I went with the kids in 08 I remember I mentioned more than once how wonderful it would be to have a nice walk with DH on the grounds..it truly had a... (Oh God Im gonna be cheesy :laughing:) magical feel. I even called him a time a two to express my disappointment at his choice of not coming especially with how beautiful it was. It was the only dark cloud through out this experience and trust me I haven't let him forget it :sad2:I have spent the afternoon just surfing around and I did find the thread to CBR...I get the feeling its not really the feel I am looking for, my thoughts keep going back to CSR.
I dont really want the kiddy feel all around me especially with my own kids being grown, though you are right it has beautiful grounds as well. I know DH and I may actually be on our own quite a bit :woohoo: and Im looking forward to some nice walks too. Well anyway thanks for the imput..I'll keep looking at options just in case but so far I think CSR wins over CBR maybe Ill check out some of the other resorts as well.

Have you considered POR or POFQ? The atmosphere can be romantic at either resort, they have regular food courts (instead of Pepper Market), queen beds, and a boat to DTD.

Hmmmm Buzznina I don't think he would mind..but I def will ask!!! I wouldnt have even thought of that but we have ever only slept on a queen size though truly I am the bed hogger LOL he sleeps in one little space so maybe a full size may not work for us as I may end up pushing him off:rotfl: Can you imagine???!!!! TY for bringing that to my attention def food for thought!

Brook I def do the DDP but even then I rarely went to the foodcourt and much prefered just going somewhere else in the parks..as you said better options but once in a while I wished I liked the peppermarket cuz I think all the walking made us all extra hungry cuz they'd wake up starving and man my kids gert cranky when they are hungry...I guess I do too::yes::

CSR is stunning at night, and do I dare say romantic? I would not say the whole resort, but the casita area at night is gorgeous. I loved coming back from the parks and both seeing and hearing the waterfountains. I actually think it was prettier at night.
So my vote is for CSR, requesting casita area. We have stayed there twice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter