• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR opinions

Don't worry about conventions.... the nice thing about them is that those folks stay at the resort... they don't crowd the bus... they are up in the morning and go to their meetings and they don't get in your way.... we have stayed at CSR many times (and will be again in two weeks) and the convention folks have never been an issue...

I had a CSR reservation for April, but switched it to WL. The reason? The food options. I went with my Mom and neither of us are big eaters and we don't do buffets. So the switch to buffet meals at the Pepper Market was a deal breaker for us. We had a great stay at WL and the food options at the Roaring Fork were perfect for us. Just something else to consider.

I had a CSR reservation for April, but switched it to WL. The reason? The food options. I went with my Mom and neither of us are big eaters and we don't do buffets. So the switch to buffet meals at the Pepper Market was a deal breaker for us. We had a great stay at WL and the food options at the Roaring Fork were perfect for us. Just something else to consider.

Thanks! DH is a picky eater, DS is an eating machine, and DD has a wheat allergy. So, buffets work good for us..the more choices the better!

I've stayed there once, and loved it! My boyfriend has stayed there countless times with his family, and it's their favorite. We will be staying there in July, and most likely our January trip as well :love: It has a great atmosphere!

Is tayed at CSR on my very first trip to Disney in 2008 and though I loved the resort itself I was not a fan of the food. Not a deal breaker by any means, we'd just hit the parks and eat there instead but when wanting a quick bite it was inconvenient...but that was just us others like the food there so its all in your individual taste. I am planning a trip for next year and just posted a thread asking info on another resort though I am torn. I really liked this resort alot! Have a wonderful time!!!!:wizard:

It's a beautiful BIG resort. Gorgeous at night. We didn't LOVE our stay in 2006 - mostly due to the size and the convention goers being obnoxious. That being said - we are trying it again in August. Hoping to NOT be in the Casitas - that's where the majority of the convention folk were when we were and that was not fun. I am looking forward to spending a little more time in the pool and checking the whole place out.

i won't be happy if i get a pool view when i payed for a waterview expecting the lake...

Be aware too that a lake view can mean you have to peak thru a few trees to see the lake. That is what we had during our stay in March. It was still a lovely view, but it wasn't as if we looked out the window and had an unobstructed view of the lake. There is lots of greenery too.

i won't be happy if i get a pool view when i payed for a waterview expecting the lake...

Its the same at all WDW resorts. Waterview means a view of some water, but doesn't guarantee what kind of water. Could be lake, lagoon, pool, pond, or fountain. Same at all resorts.

I have stayed at Poly many times and CSR once.

Right now I think if they were both the same price I would choose CSR every time.

Some people like the deluxes because they have interior hallways. I get a worse night sleep at places with interior hallways than anywhere else. Early mornings and late nights kids AND parents bounce off the walls, run, yell, scream, bounce balls and it never fails I'm awakened by this. There is always some nitwit guy who doesn't want to disturb his family in the room while talking on his cell phone, so he goes into the hall and paces while shouting into the phone. It never fails that I'm opening my door and telling someone to keep it down.

The CSR has, in my opinion, a better pool area...larger, WITH a hot tub.

The Poly GCH is ALWAYS over run with wall to wall people everywhere. Because of the popularity of the location and 'Ohana, it just seems like the joint is always crowded as heck.

To me, I don't see enough difference in Deluxe, (And deluxe-lite, WL & AKL), vs Moderate to even classify them that way anymore, I just choose based on what I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter