CSR construction

Scootypuffjr

Mouseketeer
We have a 4 night stay booked at CSR in a preferred room for the Princess Half at the end of February. After we do the half, we were planning on going back to the room and napping and then maybe hanging out at the pool. We also planned on sleeping in most days. I received this email today that stated I might hear construction noise from my room after 9am.

" In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. To better assist you in planning your stay, we wanted to make you aware of an upcoming Resort refurbishment. While we work our magic, you will notice construction taking place around the retention pond in front of the convention center and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am daily.

I called the phone number and no one seems to know what the email is referring to. They also said my only option is to pay to upgrade to a deluxe resort stating that there is nothing else available. I spoke to multiple CM's and guest services twice and keep getting the run around. Does anyone else have any info? I'll be really upset if I got to my room to nap after running 13.1 miles and have construction noise keeping me awake.

They're shutting down an entire building at a time. Unless you are in the very next building, this warning is really just a CYA by Disney.

I believe they're starting in Ranchos. If you're booked Preferred, you will be in Casitas, away from construction anyway.

Room renovations so not like they are putting on new roofs or jackhammering walkways (although I'm not sure anyone knows what will physically happen with the closure of the Business Class building in Cabanas). As PP said, one building at a time and odds are you should be fine if you are in preferred.

And phone calls are usually pointless.

I knew about the refurbishments but the email says something about construction in front of the convention center which had me concerned since the preferred rooms are next to the convention center.

The retention pond construction refers to a separate capital project at CSR. They closed Cabanas 9B (the former Business Class building), and are redeveloping the building for a future use that hasn't been disclosed yet. The permit for that project runs through 2018.

The preferred rooms are on the far side of El Centro and the conference center from Cabanas 9B, essentially on the other side of CSR.

The retention pond construction refers to a separate capital project at CSR. They closed Cabanas 9B (the former Business Class building), and are redeveloping the building for a future use that hasn't been disclosed yet. The permit for that project runs through 2018.

The preferred rooms are on the far side of El Centro and the conference center from Cabanas 9B, essentially on the other side of CSR.

Thank you! That helps put my mind at ease.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter