Crystal Palace or Skipper Canteen?

Sarah Matheson

Earning My Ears
I am travelling with my husband and 2 children (ages 7 and 2) and we are on the DDP. My daughter is just shy of her 3rd birthday when we travel, so she will not get her own DDP. I have been trying to get a BOG reservation for May 11 for dinner with no luck. Currently I have a Crystal Palace ressie for dinner that day (with Chef Mickey's breakfast in the AM), but now I am wondering if Skipper Canteen might be better for dinner. We have never had dinner at Crystal Palace before and never tried Skipper.

Which would you pick for our children's ages and family size? Because we are on the DDP, cost is not an issue.

Thanks!

I went to the Skipper Canteen in November and LOVED it. The food was great, portions were decent, and the fun puns and drinks were so worth it. Not sure about the children's menu, but I highly recommend it! The atmosphere and food quality are out of this world!

We have not tried Skipper Canteen but we had dinner at Crystal Palace last year after always eating breakfast there. We love it for breakfast but the food was so bad at dinner that even though we love the atmosphere and characters, we will never go back for dinner. I usually look at character meals as having food that is fine but nothing special. Crystal Palace dinner food was just horrible. I enjoy a lot of different kinds of food but the only thing I really liked was the salad and I will not pay that much money to just eat salad for dinner.

I am so glad we are not the only ones who disliked CP for dinner. Year before last it was just not good so we skipped it (pun intended) last year in favor of Skipper's Canteen, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

we like skippers but I would check the kids menu cp may be a little more kid friendly

also, at Skipper's your DD will have to eat off your plate. At CP, she can eat whatever.

My niece is 3 so has her own credits and we decided to eat at Skipperr's although I did consider CP breakfast.

I agree that CP breakfast is great, I did not find dinner bad but not great. Loved Skipper Canteen for food, loved CP breakfast for food and characters. The kids mac and cheese is very accessible there for the picky kid, I have a review of it in my dining report in my sig with pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter