Cruising with Marriott Rewards Points

disneydreamfan14

See Ya Real Soon!
Hey there,

We were looking into booking a July or August Alaska cruise on the Wonder with Marriott Rewards Points. Can someone explain the perks of booking with Marriott Rewards? Can we cash in points to book the cruise, or do we only earn points by spending money on this cruise?

Just need some clarification. Thanks everybody!

By the way, we will book through mr.cruisesonly.com unless someone else has an easier way :thumbsup2

Hey there,

We were looking into booking a July or August Alaska cruise on the Wonder with Marriott Rewards Points. Can someone explain the perks of booking with Marriott Rewards? Can we cash in points to book the cruise, or do we only earn points by spending money on this cruise?

Just need some clarification. Thanks everybody!

By the way, we will book through mr.cruisesonly.com unless someone else has an easier way :thumbsup2

Bolding above is mine.

Looking at their web site it looks like the answer is probably yes to both questions. You can cash in points to pay for part/all of the cruise and earn 6 points per dollar spent out-of-pocket for the cruise fare (I don't think you get any points for what you spend on board). You would need A LOT of points to get a free cruise, since 190,000 points only gets you a $1000 cruise certificate.

I've been a Marriott Rewards member for over 20 years, with several hundred nights stayed (was a Platinum member for several years) and this is the first time I've heard of being able to use points for a Disney cruise. That company must have a special deal with Marriott. Before you book through them I would suggest you check them out thoroughly (BBB, etc.).

Bolding above is mine.

Looking at their web site it looks like the answer is probably yes to both questions. You can cash in points to pay for part/all of the cruise and earn 6 points per dollar spent out-of-pocket for the cruise fare (I don't think you get any points for what you spend on board). You would need A LOT of points to get a free cruise, since 190,000 points only gets you a $1000 cruise certificate.

I've been a Marriott Rewards member for over 20 years, with several hundred nights stayed (was a Platinum member for several years) and this is the first time I've heard of being able to use points for a Disney cruise. That company must have a special deal with Marriott. Before you book through them I would suggest you check them out thoroughly (BBB, etc.).

I was surprised as well. We are Interval International members, along with Marriott, and used to trade points for DVC weeks until Interval pulled out from its partnership with DVC. So I resigned myself to using points for a RCI, Norwegian, Carnival cruise instead before I found that MR, and Interval, are both partnered with DCL.

I guess I now have the option to use Marriott or Interval credits, which I forgot to add to my original post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter