• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising on the Disney Dream for Halloween 2014

I'm way too excited for this far out! First day coordinating tshirts are bought...lolol

Oh fun. We used to do that with our kids.

I think we will just be wearing jeans and Ts.

I guess that's kind of matching. Lol

hi everyone! So excited to be going on another cruise! It will be myself, DH, DD(4) and DS(1). This will be my 4th and DH's 3rd. We will also be bringing his parents and his niece(4) with us for their very FIRST cruise!

I have to admit we are a little nervous since we were on the Dream at the same time last year when Sandy hit! Here is hoping that doesnt happen again!

Can't wait to meet you all and do the FE. We will be in adjoining rooms on Deck 9 AFT.

Gbj2b said:
hi everyone! So excited to be going on another cruise! It will be myself, DH, DD(4) and DS(1). This will be my 4th and DH's 3rd. We will also be bringing his parents and his niece(4) with us for their very FIRST cruise!

I have to admit we are a little nervous since we were on the Dream at the same time last year when Sandy hit! Here is hoping that doesnt happen again!

Can't wait to meet you all and do the FE. We will be in adjoining rooms on Deck 9 AFT.

Welcome! Have you found our Facebook page? We are a little more active there it seems.

No hurricanes allowed! Lol

Welcome aboard!

Hurricane talk is not allowed. :)

Hum I don't think it took my reply the other day... Anywho, hi everyone! I'm so excited that I'm going to be joining you!!! This is my 3rd Disney cruise and my parents second!!! The second for the dream! Can't wait to experience the ship over a holiday. The last cruise was in 2011 before they started doing the onboard Halloween stuff! Anywho, it will be my parent and I traveling from North Carolina. I don't have a stateroom number yet but we are going to either be going to Epcot for food and wine or universal to see the new Harry potter area before the cruise! I'm really excited to get to know and meet everyone!!!!!!

I have gathered tips from past cruise experience, family, friends, the Disboards, & other cruise meet threads and organized them into categories. I will post at least one every day. I hope you find them useful.

Before You Cruise

Type up address labels to apply to postcards. That way you and your family have the addresses at hand and you just peel and stick onto the postcard, write your private message and then send. Also, at the end of the cruise you will get color coded luggage tags to put on your luggage. Information needed is: (1) Number of pieces of luggage (1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3), (2) Stateroom number, (3) Name, (4) address (including city, state and zip code). Make those up in advance on your address labels. Then when you have to pack it will make it a little quicker. Plus by being printed it is easier for the porters who unload the ship to help keep your pieces together. Tag measures approximately 4 inches wide by 2.5 inches tall to help you figure out which size label to use. Or, use the freebie address labels that you get in the mail. My luggage tags were oval shaped.

Just home.
We had a great great time.

WE WON THE ADULT MOST ORIGINAL COSTUME. Yeah!!!!!!:cool1:

We had a great time the weather was good. :beach:

We booked a dummy cruise on board but will be securing this cruise :thumbsup2

If you don't mind me asking, what is was your costume and do you have pictures? :)

Yes Halloween was on Pirate night. Which was a booooo. I thought.

But a lot of people were dressed up. I would say half half. Pirate/Halloween.

The Adult functions were same as normal. Close to lame.

But what was the best adult thing I have ver done on ANY cruise was we had a PUB CRAWL. One person led it. And we had different drinks at every bar. We had trivia question at each bar. Some answered funny some answered for real. There were prizes awarded. I found that drinking a whole drink was out of the question so I just did a shot of what ever was in the drink they were drinking.

But I will be glad to head one up if anyone will be interested. We had a lot of adults only sailors. But even with kids there is the kids club and nursery.

If you are interested in organizing a pub crawl, feel free.

Hum I don't think it took my reply the other day... Anywho, hi everyone! I'm so excited that I'm going to be joining you!!! This is my 3rd Disney cruise and my parents second!!! The second for the dream! Can't wait to experience the ship over a holiday. The last cruise was in 2011 before they started doing the onboard Halloween stuff! Anywho, it will be my parent and I traveling from North Carolina. I don't have a stateroom number yet but we are going to either be going to Epcot for food and wine or universal to see the new Harry potter area before the cruise! I'm really excited to get to know and meet everyone!!!!!!

:welcome: aboard!

Hey everyone!! Newbie here to the DIS and excited to join you on this cruise. We are WDW/DL veterans and DVC owners and this will be our first adventure on a Disney Cruise. This will also be my first time on a cruise ship as I have a fear of the open ocean, which I am trying to conquer. ;) Anyways, we are a family of four, myself, DH, and two DD ages 3 and 13. We love Halloween and are looking forward to spending the holiday in the ship. We will be doing WDW for 8 days before the trip (currently booked at SSR but will be trying to head over to OKW or BLT). We are on Deck 12 #12522. I am a complete over planner and have really enjoyed reading some threads about what to expect on our first cruise. So Hi everyone :)

Welcome! So excited. October can not get here soon enough!!! I'm an over planner to so I know your pain :P

azfanincali said:
Hey everyone!! Newbie here to the DIS and excited to join you on this cruise. We are WDW/DL veterans and DVC owners and this will be our first adventure on a Disney Cruise. This will also be my first time on a cruise ship as I have a fear of the open ocean, which I am trying to conquer. ;) Anyways, we are a family of four, myself, DH, and two DD ages 3 and 13. We love Halloween and are looking forward to spending the holiday in the ship. We will be doing WDW for 8 days before the trip (currently booked at SSR but will be trying to head over to OKW or BLT). We are on Deck 12 #12522. I am a complete over planner and have really enjoyed reading some threads about what to expect on our first cruise. So Hi everyone :)

Welcome! We are right down the hall from you. Don't be too worried about the "open" waters. Most of the time we could see the lights along the coast as we traveled at night.

For those that might not be on the Facebook board, We were looking at maybe doing a private mixology class. It would be at either 2pm or 4pm on Nassau day. It is 15.00 per person. I need to know 30 days in advanced so I can give Disney the names and room number of those that attending. The only thing is once I have confirmed to list, it is non refundable and the 15.00 per person who has signed up will have a room charge of that amount if you go to the even or not. We do have to have min of 25 people and a max of 40 people. So you can either send me an IM or just post here ....

1) number of people attending
2) if you would prefer 2pm or 4pm

Also I have contacted Disney about doing a virgin version of all the drinks so that those that would like to attend but might not drink, they can still go and have a good time. We are also looking at planning other fun meets and such too. I just thought this would be something fun to do too!

Hello Disers !!

We have started a list for anyone wanting to join the Fish Extender on our cruise. Leslie has a list going for anyone booked with Wishes travel agency but anyone wanting to join is welcome regardless of who you booked with or if you booked yourself :)

Please pm me your info or email your info and I will add you to our list.

I have created a FB page for our FE group if you would like to join it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645716862140992/

Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the Oct 31-Nov 3,2014 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please E-mail me at catrinabeach@hotmail.com following information:

Name :
Dis Name (if Applicable):
Cabin # :
Children's names, ages, gender, favorite colors, and favorite characters:
Adults names, gender, favorite colors and characters and if under 21:
Any Allergies:
Celebrating anything :
Are you running the 5k :
Alcohol welcome : Yes or No
Any other info you wish to include :

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Our closing date for accepting people to join will be Sept 30th, 2014. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Oct 31, 2014 until 4 PM on Nov 2, 2014). This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of Nov 3rd, 2014.

3.Please include a tag with your DISboards user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our Sept 30th, 2014 sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask. My name is Cathy. I may not know the answer but Ill try my best to help.
Thanks!!!!!

Hello!! This is going to be my 2nd Disney cruise. We sailed on the Fantasy in June last year; however, we knew nothing about the FE. Now that I know, my daughter & I would love to be included in it for our trip this Halloween!! Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday & I love the villains, lol! Looking forward to a great time..October cannot get here fast enough! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter