• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise with small children

Merija3

Earning My Ears
I'm considering booking a land/sea package, but am a little nervous about cruising with small children.....dd11, dd7, and ds2.
Will I lose any of them overboard????? Is there enough to keep them busy? do I have to worry about them if they are in a kid's program and out of my sight???

Thanks for your input......it will help me decide if I book sooner or later. (like when they are all adults..lol):tongue:

I just got home from a 4 day cruise with a 7 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. Unfortunately, I did not lose either one of them overboard. I did try and toss them over a couple of times but a cast member was always there to stop me.

I know the 2 year old will have to go in the nursery if you want a couple of hours to yourself. I did not use the nursery so I cannot tell you about that.

The 7 year old will be able to keep busy in the kid's club...no problem. There is always some fun activity going on. I tried to keep the kids out of my sight but eventually they always ended up paging me. I knew I should have thrown that pager overboard.

I felt very comfortable when my 4 1/2 year old spilled his water at the dinner table. I felt very comfortable when my 7 year old dropped his ice-cream on Deck 9. I felt very comfortable when I was racing my kids up the stairs. If you have kids and want to cruise, I think Disney is the way to go.

PS: You should probably ask this question on the discussion forum page...instead of here on the trip report page. I would transfer it over there for you but I don't know how. I barely know how to turn this computer on and off.

We just cruised on the 9/28 Wonder with our then 9 month old. We took him to the nursery 4 times!!! Each time was for about 2-3 hours to give us some free time in the sun or at night. The staff was wonderful and we felt very comfortable leaving him there....he does not go to daycare at home so we were worried.
I think they will be fine. Its great. DO IT!!

Will I lose any of them overboard?????

It depends - can they swim???...

do I have to worry about them if they are in a kid's program and out of my sight???

You'll probably still worry about your daughters when they begin collecting Medicare...

We are going with 8,6, almost 3 year old and have no worries. If you have left them at home with babysitters before and it went fine, then it' going to be fine leaving them at the kid's areas, especially the two older ones. The 2 year old you will have to pay hourly 'babysitting' fees, but the Disney people working the kids areas are overall excellent.

Overboard? just keep am eye on the 2 year old as you usually do when you go to malls or stores, etc. The other two are old enough.

It would be very hard for any child to climb over the railings, they are pretty high, and smooth, without any way to really get a grip on them. I would still watch them when they are near the railings, but so far I dont think DCL has lost a kid overboard yet:)

Aimee

I'm considering booking a land/sea package, but am a little nervous about cruising with small children.....dd11, dd7, and ds2.

Ummmmm not to sound like a jerk...but that's basically the entire philosophy of DISNEY Cruise Lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter