cruise pregnant or with infant

This may have been true in the past, but not now. I've called and talked to multiple CMs as well as concierge staff. Although to be fair, I have no idea how recently the current policy was put in place, because I only started making these calls a couple months ago. Again, I'm bringing my documentation, because goodness knows I don't want to be caught off guard, but every reliable shore-side source I've encountered in the last 2 months has said the same thing.

I just sailed two weeks ago (from Port Canaveral) and clearly appeared quite pregnant at boarding (I was 23 weeks, and am "showing" a lot more with this baby than I did with my first). I too had been assured that no note or documentation was required, and this was indeed true. I think it might have been handled differently in the recent past, but because of HIPAA (privacy act), it's up to the individual/patient to fully disclose any medical conditions. All guests are asked to sign a statement saying that nobody in your party is 24+ weeks pregnant, and that's pretty much it. You'll be fine! :)

Coming from some one who had there baby 10 weeks early I would say wait till after you never know what can happen and you would hate not to be near a hospital.

I just sailed two weeks ago (from Port Canaveral) and clearly appeared quite pregnant at boarding (I was 23 weeks, and am "showing" a lot more with this baby than I did with my first). I too had been assured that no note or documentation was required, and this was indeed true. I think it might have been handled differently in the recent past, but because of HIPAA (privacy act), it's up to the individual/patient to fully disclose any medical conditions. All guests are asked to sign a statement saying that nobody in your party is 24+ weeks pregnant, and that's pretty much it. You'll be fine! :)

Thank you so much for this! We cruise on Saturday, and I'm not planning on bringing documentation.

This was my experience as well. We sailed last week and I was 20 weeks with my second (i'm at least somewhat "showing"). I emailed my TA a few weeks before to double-check if I needed documentation and he said all I needed to do was fill out the form that nobody in our party was 24 weeks (or more) pregnant. I did this and nobody asked for anything or batted an eyeball at me. I reviewed the DCL website extensively before sailing to make sure i didn't need documentation as well.

I think you likely did need documentation in the past/may still need it with other lines? We had to cancel a cruise when I was pregnant with DD because I missed the cut off by like 2 days (I believe a note was required then on NCL, and I'm too much of a rule-follower to try to "sneak by" anyways). We finally wound up taking that cruise with DD when she was 16 months old and it was delightful.

I am not sure how old the baby would be when you plan to sail but we sailed last March with an 8 month old and had a wonderful time. He slept well on the cruise and was really easy to deal with. The crew were so great with him. He even participated in the diaper dash that they have on board. He also went to the nursery a few times and they were wonderful with him. The only problem we had was that people in the elevators were rude to me a lot and would tell me that they did not have any "room" when they had a whole elevator so just be prepared for that. We were on the Dream and that was so annoying.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter