Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were posts a few days back about the chiffon masks with attached scarves. I had ordered the Vivian and Vincent ones a few weeks back and they arrived quickly. I followed advice from a poster on here and carefully used a thread ripper to remove the scarf portion and it worked great—no running of the material. I placed a second order because I think these will be our go-to outdoor masks for our upcoming trip. There are other brands of similar masks available on Amazon.

There were posts a few days back about the chiffon masks with attached scarves. I had ordered the Vivian and Vincent ones a few weeks back and they arrived quickly. I followed advice from a poster on here and carefully used a thread ripper to remove the scarf portion and it worked great—no running of the material. I placed a second order because I think these will be our go-to outdoor masks for our upcoming trip. There are other brands of similar masks available on Amazon.
Will those be accepted at Disney since they are more like a loose scarf? Our local Disney store was being strict yesterday about how snug masks were and layed on your face.

Local AP holder here. Just got back from Riviera yesterday, very happy with the measures and compliance. Going to AP Preview on Thursday Magic Kingdom for the day, and also have day AP park reservation early August and resort stay late August. I have park reservations for everything.

You got lucky! I'm an AP holder with hotel reservations and am unable to make additional AP reservations.

Back to some Disney talk

Proposed/rumored mask/rest stations

Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland Terrace
Golden Oak Outpost
Pete's Silly Slideshow

Animal Kingdom
Upcountry Landing
Pizzafari
Golden Oak Outpost seems odd (like not very big)

Is Upcountry Landing the old boat launch where they've been having meet n greets. Is Pizzafari not opening for food?

Back to some Disney talk

Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland Terrace
Golden Oak Outpost
Pete's Silly Slideshow

Animal Kingdom
Upcountry Landing
Pizzafari

People posted the aerials at Savi's as a rumored rest area, but a) that space is too small, and b) could very well be marker spots for the next party to go in and stay distanced.

Back to some Disney talk

Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland Terrace
Golden Oak Outpost
Pete's Silly Slideshow

Animal Kingdom
Upcountry Landing
Pizzafari

Any word on where they will be at Epcot? Seems like some of the spots around the lagoon where they hold private parties would be ideal for this kind of thing as they are already set up for being roped off with CMs at the entrances.

Any word on where they will be at Epcot? Seems like some of the spots around the lagoon where they hold private parties would be ideal for this kind of thing as they are already set up for being roped off with CMs at the entrances.
Not yet.

welp. just cancelled the August trip to Vero DVC resort - clinging desperately to our WDW Thanksgiving trip.

Time to reset our vacation count down clock.

At least I can obsessively watch youtube vloggers going to magic kingdom soon...

We don't have to decide until the night before we go, so we will have a week of operational data to make an assessment if the plan is being adhered to, or if it's not (like Hershey ended up becoming).

Link to Hershey stuff? I hadn't heard anything about it yet.

I am also curious about EPCOT. We are going in August for F&W and I can’t figure out how we will be eating drinking at each location. Is each booth going to have a relief area? Or should I plan on bringing a tray because I have to walk across three countries to find the area to eat?

Link to Hershey stuff? I hadn't heard anything about it yet.

i don't know if there's a link but I know people who actually went there and they said that employees weren't adhering to face mask requirements, wearing them incorrectly and not enforcing their use around the park.

I'm guessing that's what is being referred to here.

I think a decent place would be either by the fountain by the Imagination pavilian or outside the bathrooms in the same area.

Will those be accepted at Disney since they are more like a loose scarf? Our local Disney store was being strict yesterday about how snug masks were and layed on your face.
They’re not loose fitting. Once you remove the scarf, they fit like most masks you see people wearing, including having adjustable ear loops. They’re VERY breathable, even with the two layers.

They’re not loose fitting. Once you remove the scarf, they fit like most masks you see people wearing, including having adjustable ear loops. They’re VERY breathable, even with the two layers.

Does Disney have any requirements on the material of masks? I feel like chiffon is like wearing a mesh mask... it kind of defeats the purpose...

Does Disney have any requirements on the material of masks? I feel like chiffon is like wearing a mesh mask... it kind of defeats the purpose...
I think we will all be finding out more about this when the parks open. We will be taking several styles just in case. If what you have doesn’t work, you can always buy the ones they sell there.

I don’t even think they are trying to enforce it now. I didn’t know even know it was a rule. Tim Tracker and others have posted videos riding to different empty resorts.
We are staying at Kidani and had breakfast at the Tratoria at BW. We were able to walk into BW and BC without any issue. It’s only driving into a resort where you are checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter