Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m being ridiculous but while I get Florida is booming in cases, Florida is huge and has 22 million people. Most WDW visitors will fly in masked, head straight to the bus, masked, which takes then straight to their hotel/parks where they’ll be masked and spaced out and constantly sanitizing. Most places (not all) are in better shape than FL so unless they start banning locals, not a lot of people will be bringing the virus into WDW and should be safe for traveling home if they follow protocol. This isn’t my justifying them opening if it’s not safe, just weighing realistic risk.
Except for all the cast members who live and work in Florida those visitors will be exposed to during their visit.

Most places (not all) are in better shape than FL so unless they start banning locals, not a lot of people will be bringing the virus into WDW and should be safe for traveling home if they follow protocol.
The CMs are the biggest problem for WDW. There are a number of positions where it will be difficult, if not impossible, to keep CMs six feet away from guests.

Again, just to be clear, I'm not saying they won't be or shouldn't be reopening 7/11 (I plan to be there actually lol). I'm just trying to give some insight into the various factors TWDC has its eye on in regards to reopening plans. Anyone who thought they weren't going to be taking masks and social distancing seriously is in for a rude awakening. One thing I've heard consistently (but even more so now) is that Disney plans to be very firm with guests, which is a departure for them. But then again, their business doesn't depend on one party cutting line at It's a Small World, but it certainly does depend on no spike in cases being tied to their reopening.

ETA: But I do respect CMs' concerns and think that CMs have every right to be concerned, given what we've seen in regard to the numbers recently and noncompliance in Florida in particular. I have huge issues with any Guest (on here or anywhere) that feels it appropriate or acceptable to berate any CM for those worries, just to salvage a vacation.

Maybe I’m being ridiculous but while I get Florida is booming in cases, Florida is huge and has 22 million people. Most WDW visitors will fly in masked, head straight to the bus, masked, which takes then straight to their hotel/parks where they’ll be masked and spaced out and constantly sanitizing. Most places (not all) are in better shape than FL so unless they start banning locals, not a lot of people will be bringing the virus into WDW and should be safe for traveling home if they follow protocol. This isn’t my justifying them opening if it’s not safe, just weighing realistic risk.

This is how I see it as well. There is a huge difference between going to say. Miami and walking around doing things with everyone not wearing masks and what will happen in DW.

Seen a few complain people won’t follow rules. Not much different than anyone can see at say a Home Depot. Our county in CA has mandated masks for a while and the gov made it state wide. Some refuse to abide by it and there is still risk to employees working in stores. At least Disney has more power to eject people from the park and backing by the county order.

The extensive procedures they have put out have nothing to with the state overall. The risk is relative to where you go and what safety procedures are in place.

I just got back from practice and I feel like the vibe is so down in here.

We have scheduled park dates, we have resorts, we have a monorail, we have a list of dining and shopping, we have some new ways to experience characters, so much to look forward to! Yes, a lot really sucks in the world still and it probably will for a while, but we have so much more positive stuff as far as theme park operational updates go to look forward to than we did even just a few weeks ago. Let's focus a little on that!

We have scheduled park dates, we have resorts, we have a monorail, we have a list of dining and shopping, we have some new ways to experience characters, so much to look forward to!

Aside from the opening dates for the remaining 7 resorts, what's left to hear an official update on? Just when people can book/buy tickets for this year, and when ADRs will open? What am I forgetting?

The CMs are the biggest problem for WDW. There are a number of positions where it will be difficult, if not impossible, to keep CMs six feet away from guests.

Again, just to be clear, I'm not saying they won't be or shouldn't be reopening 7/11 (I plan to be there actually lol). I'm just trying to give some insight into the various factors TWDC has its eye on in regards to reopening plans. Anyone who thought they weren't going to be taking masks and social distancing seriously is in for a rude awakening. One thing I've heard consistently (but even more so now) is that Disney plans to be very firm with guests, which is a departure for them. But then again, their business doesn't depend on one party cutting line at It's a Small World, but it certainly does depend on no spike in cases being tied to their reopening.
Agreed. Many different angles to consider, I was just laying out visiting guest perspective. If there’s a breakout amongst CMs and workforce suffers, that is a completely different story. I haven’t mentioned CMs being worried, they have every right. And I hope the union tightens things up for them as needed.

I welcome the mask mandate and enforcement! After looking at this thing for four months now we’ve been in one long wave. If wdw stays closed that’s okay, but there’s no guarantee we’ll ever get out of it... then what? OC and Florida in general has a few weeks to start wearing masks and staying home a bit more to get this under control. Whatever low capacity WDW is planning for may be indefinite at this point. Maybe hotels set to open do not.

Aside from the opening dates for the remaining 7 resorts, what's left to hear an official update on? Just when people can book/buy tickets for this year, and when ADRs will open? What am I forgetting?

I think we just are waiting on ADR booking, official confirmation of the Skyliner, reopening dates for remaining resorts, and ticket/resort sales for 2020. Then I think it is all covered and we can start speculating about the 50th ;)

We have scheduled park dates, we have resorts, we have a monorail, we have a list of dining and shopping, we have some new ways to experience characters, so much to look forward to! Yes, a lot really sucks in the world still and it probably will for a while, but we have so much more positive stuff as far as theme park operational updates go to look forward to than we did even just a few weeks ago. Let's focus a little on that!
Definitely but you have to understand those of us from NJ NY and CT are a tad disappointed right now

Really.

Guys, the community board is just WAITING to discuss all the Covid stuff. Trust me!
:rotfl:

I think we just are waiting on ADR booking, official confirmation of the Skyliner, reopening dates for remaining resorts, and ticket/resort sales for 2020. Then I think it is all covered and we can start speculating about the 50th ;)

Oh the Skyliner was confirmed! I don't remember what page it was on but someone said Skyliner CMs have been called back and it will be operating. Maybe @yulilin3 confirmed it? I'll try to find the post to corroborate.

WOW we've found out so much in the last week or so.

Definitely but you have to understand those of us from NJ NY and CT are a tad disappointed right now

Which is completely understandable. I really feel for you guys, that sucks. It is probably just better suited for a different thread (community board!) when it delves so far into numbers and models and away from actual park stuff.

I will say this, it is very interesting that Disney is NOT doing temp checks at the hotels.

I was at Disney Springs Monday night felt very very safe with the temps checks and masks. Last night I went to Hard Rock at UO and you cant even get into the building without a temp check or wrist band showing you had your temp checked. They literally had someone at every entrance to the hotel checking temps or wrist bands.

Now I understand its difficult at some of these DVC resorts. I stayed at OKW the last 3 days and the hotel is very spread out, BUT, to get to the restaurants or pool areas at ALL these resorts you have to go through one central area and that's where they should be checking temps.

You can still go directly to your room and use online check in but once you get to the central resort area they could check your temp.

I am wondering if they are now reconsidering this?

Oh the Skyliner was confirmed! I don't remember what page it was on but someone said Skyliner CMs have been called back and it will be operating. Maybe @yulilin3 confirmed it? I'll try to find the post to corroborate.

Oh yes I saw Yulilin's post and that CMs were called back, I'm just waiting on the "official" verbiage from Disney since I feel like that is the final stamp these days.

The last week has been WILD

Except for all the cast members who live and work in Florida those visitors will be exposed to during their visit.
For sure. Which is why temp checks before shifts, paid testing and paid time off is part of the equation for CMs. As is not returning to work if they don’t feel safe. There’s only so many unknown bases wdw can cover but I believe they’re trying to cover them all.

Last edited:

Yup, @yulilin3 confirmed!

apologies if this has already been confirmed but the skyliner will be operating at reopening, also still same wording on water parks being closed for now

Monorail will be running

Also forgot we haven't heard about water parks yet. Any guesses on those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter