Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the overpriced small portions that the F&W booths typically provide. In many cases they are charging very close to the price of a QS meal for a portion half the size.
Twice the price, and takes less CMs to run them as well. No wonder they plan on running them most of the rest of the year. I wonder if that means the restaurants will stay shut for most of the year?

I do see a lot of restaurants ARE opening, and that's great. But, it seems like the ones that aren't opening are my gut punch scenarios.

Gaston's Tavern? Gut punch. Plaza Ice Cream Parlour? Maaaaajor gut punch.

Eight spoon cafe....bummer. Tusker House? Gut punch. I really thought they could re-purpose it.

The entire France pavilion? Huge gut punch. Huge. How they could basically decimate it seems crazy to me.

Side note: Sommerfest and Yorkshire Fish Shop kind of confuse me, because with the exterior queues, I feel like it would be a great social distancing opportunity.
I live on those fish and chips... and a nice cold beer

You should be able to book all the days. I have 26 days split over three trips and I was finally able to book all of them last night. I have a platinum AP voucher on my account.
Yeah, this is not working for all of us. I have a DVC Platinum voucher and am still blocked out after 7 days, despite resort stays (one DVC points, one cash direct with Disney).

I’ve tried on Safari and Edge. Guess I’ve got a long day of being on hold with Disney today so they can fix this error manually.

OMG just got back home and everyone is still having issues? Wth?
This will probably get buried in the thread soon but a couple of things from the resorts operations. I was at BLT today you can pay with cash, i know some were wondering, also if you don't have a phone you can order with a cm like normal, they are just encouraging using the phone to not have ti throw away paper menus
@Farro stepped into the room and saw the coffee maker and immediately thought of you :)
No masks were required to lounge by the pool
Outer rim and the Joffrey's coffee in the lobby weren't open but the bar at the wave and the food place by the pool were
The castle will take some getting used to, at least for me
Thank you! I’m still unsure if I should count on a coffee maker in a non-DVC booking, but I’m holding out hope now. I’m so excited to hear that masks aren’t needed when lounging by the pool! I’m all for masks, but the idea of wearing by the pool took away some of my happiness about returning to the resorts.

Seems like the AP glitch is fixed. Stuck at 5 days of Park Reservations yesterday. Cried myself to sleep. This morning able to fully book both of my Resort stays. I will cry July 20 when I finally get to see the Mouse.

Agreed! Now my problem is my extended AP that shows expiring end of Oct BEFORE the extra month we're supposed to be getting - and my November trip! So I got everything I needed for Sept, and got mom booked for November, but I seem to be in lala land on November now. Sigh.

Yeah, this is not working for all of us. I have a DVC Platinum voucher and am still blocked out after 7 days, despite resort stays (one DVC points, one cash direct with Disney).

I’ve tried on Safari and Edge. Guess I’ve got a long day of being on hold with Disney today so they can fix this error manually.

I'm in the same boat. I have 3 stays booked though. Managed to get park days for 2 of the stays. The third stay is showing up as unavailable. I've got AP and non-expiring tickets sitting on MDE though. Did I hear someone say that could be a problem?

After ruminating over this line which I posted yesterday, I thought that it was vaguely familiar to the language used for FP+ when the language was changed a few years ago. The change was implemented to prevent guests from making FPs with “Grandma’s” ticket, not using that ticket for park entry, and then using Granny’s 3 additional FPs once inside the park by using the now-defunct “Change Person” function. Perhaps the entire paragraph was lazily plagiarized with “Park Pass” being substituted for “Fastpass”, but I can’t find the terms and conditions that were put in place when the CPFP loophole was closed.

Anyway, I tried a little experiment last night by assigning tickets that I had from a placeholder in MDE to myself and then assigning the ticket I used for the Park Pass to my placeholder.

Nothing happened to my Park Passes. Not then. Not this morning. The Park Passes are still in MDE under my name. Not transferred with the ticket to my placeholder, and not cancelled. Which leads me to conclude that the Park Passes, like FP+, are in no way attached to the ticket media used to make the reservation, but rather, it is attached to the guest in MDE and any valid tickets in that guest’s name.

Perhaps the entire paragraph was lazily plagiarized with “Park Pass” being substituted for “Fastpass”, but I can’t find the terms and conditions that were put in place when the CPFP loophole was closed.
The whole system is sitting on the fastpass platform (that's why your reservations are labeled FastPasses in MDE), so that wouldn't surprise me.

I got the latest version of Microsoft Edge that looks like Chrome and it worked much better than Chrome. It's built off the same platform as Chrome, but seems to be much faster. Chrome gave me all kinds of issues. I was able to book everything with Edge.
Same! DD gave me "the face" when I told her that Edge was what allowed us to make park reservations. I don't know what is wrong with Edge, but it made me very happy.

Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but in addition to the HS days that are full, looks like 7/14 is full for AK

Edit: Literally right above my post

I am too scared to call to have my Park Hoppers reduced to regular tickets after spending 4 1/2 hours on the phone with reservations. 😐
I don’t want to lose my park reservations.
Any suggestions? Will they correct themselves at first use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter