Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Glad I booked all of my DHS days first, as I am stuck at 7 reservations despite 4 and 9 day trips (so I should have 13 days)
2) After 1.5 hours on hold, finally got through to the # in the "park pass limit" error message and demanded a ticket be put in. he told me to keep trying but it should be resolved by this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest.
3) Am now able to log in immediately now with no waits
4) 10 hours of my life I will never get back.

Are you an AP holder? I know some people were mentioning that they were working on the APs not registering with a resort reservation

The reservation system is still limiting me to 8 reservations even though I have 11 resort nights over two stays. Hopefully this gets fixed as was many were stating the CM's were aware and they were working on it. Anybody who was was unfortunately limited to less reservations than nights of stay earlier today been able to book more or still running into the same issues?

Love when the Disney peanut gallery chimes in saying its not a big deal because it's not happening to them :)

I'm NOT looking for anything free. But it's not cool to make people jump through hoops because they, luck of the draw, booked a resort that wouldn't be open. Also not cool to offer free dining, take that away, offer a lesser discount, and basically force us to use that on a resort we don't want without giving us the option to modify those dates.

And for those saying just cancel, if we can figure out airfare refund/credit that's definitely the plan!
I think you were treated badly from a customer service issue. My point is a swap from a closed resort to a similar resort by itself doesn't require compensation.

I hate to admit it, but you are probably right :-(

What I really need to find out is if I go to the AP preview will I still be able to cancel my AP and get the refund, because the way this is looking, I most likely will get blocked out of the days that were the whole reason I got a platinum pass.
Assume not, no matter what you're told. Using your AP says you want to keep it

sort of surprised MK hasn't filled up on the 11th yet - jsut figured the very first day of parks being open would be high demand and only 2 parks to pick from .... I know it has higher capacity than DHS, but still
My guess is a lot of people will be checking in that day since the parks aren’t open yet. But I am very shocked to see DHS book 3 days before MK has 1.

Have you stayed there since the renovations and Skyliner? I now love CBR with all the changes.

That said I do somewhat understand not allowing the expansion of discounts because that only complicates their systems further with everyone on different offers.
Haven’t stayed since the skyliner. Apparently the other members of my family are all stoked about this change soooo I guess I’d better chill out!

The reservation system is still limiting me to 8 reservations even though I have 11 resort nights over two stays. Hopefully this gets fixed as was many were stating the CM's were aware and they were working on it. Anybody who was was unfortunately limited to less reservations than nights of stay earlier today been able to book more or still running into the same issues?

What kind of ticket do you have?

Deal breaker! No bacon and eggs at The Wave? Power bowl/salad is good and grilled chicken BLT is great, but no B&A.....ugh!

Yes, Platinum DVC AP.
It must be a glitch of some sort. I am DVC and have Gold AP and was able to reserve 17 days (one for each night we are staying). But that was first thing this morning and then the system seems to have had issues with APs for some reason.

I am having the same issues. We have 9 reservations, but need 13 as well over 2 stays. I don't want to call, so I'm hoping things will get resolved tonight! However, one of my stays is after Christmas, and I feel like I need to get those reservations soon, but I don't know, maybe I'll be fine a little later?

I'm organizing an event next month in Jacksonville. We just received new guidance from the State Surgeon General. Basically, it requires masks when social distancing is not possible AND limits gatherings of more than 50 people.

ETA: Reference is "UPDATED MEASURES TO ENSURE PROTECTION OF PUBLIC HEALTH IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19," received by the Governor's office 22 Jun 2020

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter