Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
been sitting here at the computer all morning trying to get in to make park reservations....what has the average wait time been?

Those modifying resorts, how is that looking? I haven't gone through all the posts here to see the reports but wondering availability, offers, and costs.
I magically got through on my 48th call directly to a CM, no time on hold. I was able to move my CBR reservation from Aug 15-22 which had a fantastic Fun in the Sun rate to Oct 30-Nov 7 which had a horrible rack rate. Almost $1000 more (I did add an extra day). I expected this as CBR would be open for my original dates. Oh well, now trying to get into MDE to make park reservations.

Possible? We had a stay that was scheduled for June 14 - June 19 but that surely it is a mistake, because we didn't actually go? The message just says "Your Disney Gift Card is enclosed" and it says the card value is $40

Yes, it is the declined housekeeping gift card. $10 per night after the first night. We received it this morning, too, for our December stay that still has the chance of being cancelled. We declined housekeeping for it back in January.

Those modifying resorts, how is that looking? I haven't gone through all the posts here to see the reports but wondering availability, offers, and costs.
I can say it sounds like the DVC side of WL has plenty of availability. At first, the CM said WL was supposed to be open for my dates and I (very nicely) said it's not on the list. then put me on hold. When she came back she did seem to indicate that WL would probably be moved to the DVC.

Then she told me since it's still June and I don't come until mid-August to call back. Said they were dealing with park reservations today and essentially indicated she wasn't going to help me.
(I ended up calling the WL # since it's been non stop busy or circuits busy when I call the usual numbers so I figured what the heck, that number rang after a couple of tries! I'm just going to call the usual number and try again.)

Am I correct that at this point it looks like they won’t take new 2020 bookings at all but if I have a July 2020 room I can modify it to November 2020?
(And buy tickets later)

I received a weird e-mail today that appears to be legit from Disney GiftCard services today issuing a gift card for $40 - did not click on anything within the message for fear it was a phsishing message of sorts.......any intel on this?

Yes, few of us received it today. We figured because we declined house keeping. It covers the number of our nights - 1 night. Mine is a Sept 2020 booking in a Value.

Yes, it is the declined housekeeping gift card. $10 per night after the first night. We received it this morning, too, for our December stay that still has the chance of being cancelled. We declined housekeeping for it back in January.
Yes, few of us received it today. We figured because we declined house keeping. It covers the number of our nights - 1 night. Mine is a Sept 2020 booking in a Value.

Well, that's just weird.....so I guess I should assume that it will be reversed? I don't remember exactly when I declined mousekeeping, but I know that I did. I mean, if they want to give me $40 I'll happily accept it......I just want to get on the website to book park reservations!!!!

Well, that's just weird.....so I guess I should assume that it will be reversed? I don't remember exactly when I declined mousekeeping, but I know that I did. I mean, if they want to give me $40 I'll happily accept it......I just want to get on the website to book park reservations!!!!

I can't imagine them handing out gift cards and then taking them back. But if I had one, I'd be transferring it to another gift card just in case.

And who knows what those rooms will look like. Some of the DVC rooms that Pete showed on his YouTube channel looked in massive need of a refurb. I remember this being the case with Wilderness Lodge.

One thing I was wondering is how respectable are NBA players in general?Specifically will there be any concerns about what state all those NBA rooms will be in after they have been stuck in them for many months?

No clue if they’ll try to reverse them. I was able to add the hskp gift card from the email to my account on DisneyGiftCard.com and move the funds over to the gift card we already have, though, so the email is definitely valid.

Noticed something for Magic Kingdom during select dates in July. It states there is a special ticketed event from 7:45AM - 9AM on 7/11, 7/12, 7/14, 7/19, 7/21, 7/26 and 7/28. I wonder what this could be? I looked quickly and it seems to no be happening in other months past July or at other parks.MK event.png

It took me over 3 hours and close to 250 attempts to get an open line, now I've been on hold for almost 2 hours. Hopefully I'm able to get an answer about my 7/18 stay at GF
and I was disconnected shortly after the 2hr mark. Called back and this time it only took a handful of tried to be back on hold. I can't believe I'm close to 7 hours of this mess today.

Noticed something for Magic Kingdom during select dates in July. It states there is a special ticketed event from 7:45AM - 9AM on 7/11, 7/12, 7/14, 7/19, 7/21, 7/26 and 7/28. I wonder what this could be? I looked quickly and it seems to no be happening in other months past July or at other parks.View attachment 503207

that is the time frame for Early Morning Magic at Fantasyland ... I thought all that stuff was cancelled so might just be they haven't cleared the calendar yet but who knows at this point

One thing I was wondering is how respectable are NBA players in general?Specifically will there be any concerns about what state all those NBA rooms will be in after they have been stuck in them for many months?

What exactly would you expect NBA players, who spend half their time on the road normally, are doing to these rooms different than the average guest?

I can't imagine them handing out gift cards and then taking them back. But if I had one, I'd be transferring it to another gift card just in case.

Exactly that`s what I just did :)

They can & will claw back the gift card money easily regardless of if you transfer it. When shopdisney had an error for 50% off gift cards last year people got them and transferred immediately, but later saw the money deducted from their balance when the mistake was caught and corrected. Disney simply traces the transactions.

I know tons of people have already said this but I really feel like if they limited today to just people with resort stays in July it would have been easier to deal with all the hiccups and errors and whatever else seen

But when they tell people you are not guaranteed a park reservation with a resort stay and everyone with a valid stay between now and Sept 26, 2021 can book starting today people are going to be anxious to get in before they are "gone"

But really, if someone even going in August if they got addressed in 2 days or even a week later, its not a bit deal vs this craziness seen today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter