Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some info from another park I got from another board on opening day for SFoG the first of the branded six flags parks to open (I have reservations for this weekend). This isn't meant to try to compare the parks but simply to give an idea of what another park is doing as more info on what to expect.

- They are using the walk through temp scanners
- They are using the walk through x-ray/bag scanners

Hopefully this is the way disney goes as well. If you are going to do temp scans and bag checks at a theme park right now this is the way to do it.

- Parking was every other parking space
- masks required inside the park
- water rides open - masks not required on them
- for the rapids ride, it is one party per raft period and the area where people can pay to shoot waterguns at the raft is closed
- Coasters were every other row and only one party in a row
- The larger flat rides were set as every other seat
- refillable bottle was an employee gave you a drink in a paper cup
- report was bathrooms and things cleaner then they have ever been before
- Park president said when attached water park opens in a few weeks no masks there
- Park president also said when the other water park (which is like 30 mile from actual SFoG) opens in a few weeks masks requred to enter but not required in the water park itself. There will be "operational changes" to wave pool and lazy river but will be open.
- Mobile orderring for food in the app
- hand sink and sanitizing stations all over the park

So it looks like even six flags who are not normally known for cleanliness and so forth is doiing a really good job on day 1. I'm going this weekend so I'll see for myself them what is looks like but all of this makes me believee they are doing all the right things. I'm sure disney is watching this and other parks

we get season passes almost every year opted out this year because we wanted to spend the money on an extra Disney trip so I’m very curious to what you see as far as cleanliness because I will tell you that is not something they are known for.....

oh and the mobile food ordering I’m really curious how that works out because normally their food service is awful and can take literally an hour to get your food

So some info from another park I got from another board on opening day for SFoG the first of the branded six flags parks to open (I have reservations for this weekend). This isn't meant to try to compare the parks but simply to give an idea of what another park is doing as more info on what to expect.

Hopefully this is the way disney goes as well. If you are going to do temp scans and bag checks at a theme park right now this is the way to do it.

- for the rapids ride, it is one party per raft period and the area where people can pay to shoot waterguns at the raft is closed
- Park president said when attached water park opens in a few weeks no masks there
- Park president also said when the other water park (which is like 30 mile from actual SFoG) opens in a few weeks masks requred to enter but not required in the water park itself. There will be "operational changes" to wave pool and lazy river but will be open.

So it looks like even six flags who are not normally known for cleanliness and so forth is doiing a really good job on day 1. I'm going this weekend so I'll see for myself them what is looks like but all of this makes me believee they are doing all the right things. I'm sure disney is watching this and other parks
Regarding the walk-through bag check scanners. We were at DS on Sat. and that's what they had as we came in from the lime garage. I had never encountered them do any kind of bag check before at DS, even just a few days prior, but maybe it's something they do on weekends?? Either way the process was so much faster than regular bag check at the parks. It'd be great if they used those instead.

Regarding the walk-through bag check scanners. We were at DS on Sat. and that's what they had as we came in from the lime garage. I had never encountered them do any kind of bag check before at DS, even just a few days prior, but maybe it's something they do on weekends?? Either way the process was so much faster than regular bag check at the parks. It'd be great if they used those instead.
Reports are they are testing them for use at the parks.

That's interesting. I saw the post about the walk through xray/bag scanners but haven't seen any about the the walk though temp scanners. I think that would be a great idea for Disney. another way to keep people moving and not congregated in big lines.

Do they send you through one at a time for these new scanners? Just wondering how it would work if they send large groups through. Seems they'd need to have a lot of employees to watch to be able to catch anything if it's just a continuous large mob of people walking through.

I'd love to see these at the parks. I also hope they stay for DS. It never sat well with me that DS didn't have bag checks and security.

They'll never get rid of hopping permanently. It is too much of a money maker.

I was thinking about upgrading our tickets to APs next year. Watching and waiting!
Can anyone walk me through the logic on the need for a reservation system pre-covid and why they’d want to keep it post-covid? MK is really the only park that ever hits capacity and that like a handful of days a year. So why create a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist?

Atlantis Bahamas is opening up July 7th and masks are “encouraged” except for a few situations where you can’t stand 6ft apart from someone.

Can anyone walk me through the logic on the need for a reservation system pre-covid and why they’d want to keep it post-covid? MK is really the only park that ever hits capacity and that like a handful of days a year. So why create a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist?

They aren't opening up to full capacity, so if they are only doing say 20% of capacity, you will likely hit that frequently if not every day.

Complete guess on my behalf, keeps the staffing benefits FP+ brought while allowing them to completely change or eliminate FP+, maybe removing prebooking, charging for whatever it is, that kind of thing.

I have no idea why this would extend post pandemic, but I think we'll know much more once the reservation system rolls out. Rumor is that it could be replacing the current FP+ system.

I think this is the logic, but I don't know anything for sure. If there is a reservation system, then Disney will have a very good idea of how many guests will be visiting a park on a given day. This will allow them to plan staffing and ride capacity more efficiently. I don't know how this will work in practice since most cast members (if not all) were assigned to specific parks in the pre-COVID days.

Nowhere in that UK based FloridaTix article did it say anything about the reservation system running into 2021, unless i'm going mad! I've just read it numerous times because we've just rescheduled our December 2020 trip to April 2021 and were hoping things would be a bit more normal by then!

I don’t think true “post-covid” will happen for a long time. I think they will use the reservation system to manage capacity (and staff accordingly) until covid is no longer a threat. Which could be quite some time. I think they see managing capacity as a need for a while (not at 20/30% - graduating up to higher percentages.) I don’t think we will see NYE-size crowds for a very very long time.

If they are limiting capacity longer term, the reservation gives people peace of mind that they will get into a park that day, rather than everyone crowding at rope drop to be let in before the park hits the max.

I just got the 30 DAY paid in full reminder from Disney. I haven’t paid in full due to the not knowing of what’s going on next month. Do i have to pay now or is it still 7 days?
it's still 7 days. They just never updated the automated system.
Well, as usual, one hand is not talking to the other. I also just got the "your balance is due email" and CM in chat said it is still due now. My fear is that they will just cancel.

(Tried to post a screenshot, but it's super blurry, sorry). CM said the packages are still due 30 days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter