• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with opening mid-July.... I guess there's less of of summer to have to deal with obnoxiously-hot summer + mask. #BitterLemonade.
PS. I affirm the need to consider health and safety before entertainment. In case I sounded actually bitter.... ;)

Last edited:

Is this like Price is Right??? Do I win for being REALLY CLOSE????

lol... I was thinking the same. I had thought mid summer - late as a worst case.
Happy to be close but wrong this time.

I’m so sorry for those who just lost their vacation plans though. I know how it feels. 😔

Wow. My July 19th check-in just barely made it.
Bummer about fireworks but I kind of expected that. At least we get all the parks! I appreciate that this had a lot of detail. It could have been much less.

I’ve been wearing a mask everywhere indoors, grocery shopping, on flights, but haven’t worn one outside. No issues, don’t love it but it’s not terrible. In Tampa right and after ten minutes of wearing one outside in the sun I felt like I was going to die. No Disney for me for a while.

So is the “surprise” that Epcot will be open basically for the opening? I dont consider 4 days a long closure.

I figured July 6th seemed like a good guess. But the week after ensures that people don’t extend their 4th of July trips, I would assume. Provides a little bit of a buffer. And puts them in the dead heat of summer with humidity which could potentially kill the virus while in the sunlight

This presentation makes it look like WDW Pro might have been correct. This feels like a sped up super cautious plan they didn’t want to do yet.
I get the idea that this date might have been their projection for a long while, but they weren't ready to announce it until they were 100% certain it was reachable. UO's announcement lowered that threshold.

"Know before you go" reminds me of the Galaxy's Edge opening, including some of the timed entry and preparation. On the other hand "Know before you go" sounds like a good hygiene protocol slogan for the bathrooms.... ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter