• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked our DVC site, they are allowing booking still on June 1. The release didn't say that they were cancelling existing bookings (yet), just that new reservations would be now from July 1. I wonder if they do open in a limited capacity, maybe they think that they reached it between DVC and what has already been booked...
Unless whoever wrote up the release done goofed? Dollars to donuts their TA (if that’s where it came from) phone line lit up like a Xmas tree when the news was seen given June is still bookable at WDW...

ETA: I see availability at the beginning of June, but playing around mid end and it disappears. Looks like IT done goofed a couple days ago...

Just heard about the TA memo re : No new bookings til July 1st... from a TA (on fb)

So I did a bit of trial booking with several dates. Not a single Resort available during June for booking.. AK Jambo was showing - but clicking through to choose a room & book - nothing is available

The entirety of June is available for most DVC resorts. Yes. they're a little laggy, but it's all there & bookable.

Just checked our DVC site, they are allowing booking still on June 1. The release didn't say that they were cancelling existing bookings (yet), just that new reservations would be now from July 1. I wonder if they do open in a limited capacity, maybe they think that they reached it between DVC and what has already been booked...
My husband just had this thought as well. It’s a possibility.

I would cancel in your shoes as well, but just in case it helps to reduce your stress in life more generally, latest evidence suggests that asthma does not increase your risk in connection with coronavirus. There is so much we are still learning each day about this crazy disease. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/health/coronavirus-asthma-risk.amp.html
I mean even if it's true you can't book June anymore, it doesn't technically mean they wouldn't open in June. Maybe they just want to limit more people from booking June due to capacity?

This is my thought... capacity is limited if nobody else can book, especially if they announce they do plan to open.

Based on what is supposed to be in this statement looks like the free dining offer is over and they are offering 25% off select resorts through end of August instead.

That doesn't give a lot of time to use the offer but the select resorts is interesting too. That may indicate what we have speculated in terms of only some resorts being open. Be interesting to know what the select resorts for the 25% offer are.

Well it has been two weeks since Georgia opened and the cases still remain flat and has dramatically decreased in relation to number of positive tests. That will be a good indicator for Disney to be able to move forward and open sooner than later.
True. But I will tell you quite honestly, Georgia didn't really open yet. Most retail, restaurants (indoor dining rooms), theaters, and gyms are still closed- at least in the are around me in north Georgia (suburbs of Atlanta). Walking trails are open, but playgrounds are closed. Things really haven't changed much for us. I think the restrictions were too stringent, or they thought they couldn't make money, or they were afraid of backlash from the public, or they just didn't feel ready. I looked at our local mall's website, and only very few of the stores are open. Traffic is picking up a lot, but I am not sure where everyone is going. Most everything is still closed.

Rebooking info..
At Walt Disney World Resort, guests wishing to make new reservations can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights through August 31, 2020, when they book through August 31, 2020.
This is a room-only discount which is available to the general public, and not only those affected by trip cancellations or park closures.

True. But I will tell you quite honestly, Georgia didn't really open yet. Most retail, restaurants (indoor dining rooms), theaters, and gyms are still closed- at least in the are around me in north Georgia (suburbs of Atlanta). Walking trails are open, but playgrounds are closed. Things really haven't changed much for us. I think the restrictions were too stringent, or they thought they couldn't make money, or they were afraid of backlash from the public, or they just didn't feel ready. I looked at our local mall's website, and only very few of the stores are open. Traffic is picking up a lot, but I am not sure where everyone is going. Most everything is still closed.

Agreed. Very few things open and those that are are very sparse on people. The bar/restaurant I go to the most just opened up 2 days ago (with appropriate distancing). My gym is open but basicall you have to reserve a slot and no more then 10 people in the the facility at a time including staff. I think a lot of places simply thought the date for re-opening was a week or two too early so many have just decided to stay closed (or takeout only) for a bit to make sure they can be safe when they reopen.

I also just checked DVC. Weird that so many resorts have the full month of June available for reservations. Makes me think canceled a lot of June reservations In the system but have updated the system to stop taking reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter