Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DLgal ???? I think you told me this on another post???? Am I getting the information incorrect?? I may be! Apologies if I misunderstood something. She is local to OC and is more knowledgeable than I.

No, they were not ordered to close. They chose to, likely for PR reasons, because they were getting serious backlash for the fact that they were "exempt" from the order. However, the City of Anaheim DID make a public statement via Twitter that the city intended to enforce the order as it applied to all entertainment and sporting venues as well as the convention center. Disneyland announced their closure later that same day, so it's unclear if they knew they would be forced closed by the city or not.

No, they were not ordered to close. They chose to, likely for PR reasons, because they were getting serious backlash for the fact that they were "exempt" from the order. However, the City of Anaheim DID make a public statement via Twitter that the city intended to enforce the order as it applied to all entertainment and sporting venues as well as the convention center. Disneyland announced their closure later that same day, so it's unclear if they knew they would be forced closed by the city or not.

Ahhhh ok! I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. I thought they had to close. My bad!!! Sorry guys!

This wont be of concern to most on here, but I will also be surprised if the yearly Epcot pin event goes ahead in August, but for us serious pin collectors this is sad.

The event packs 2000 people into crammed queues in the event hall by the UK pavillion. So I see little chance of that happening this year.

Im guessing the pins may already be locked in though, so Im wondering if there might still be some form of online RSP selection for them.

2082 deaths in USA today. Even if FL/NY are near their peak it seems other states are a long way from it.

I dont see how they can even think of setting realistic provisional opening dates for wdw until most states are past their peak.
That spike is likely to be more with the 'weekend effect' where there is a spike after a weekend, which is attributed to poorer administration of a weekend. It is very noticeable in most European countries - particularly Sweden for some reason. The overall trend for USA is that it has probably peaked, although isolated states migt not have done yet.

I don't know what thread to post this or how this affects WDW, so @rteetz if you need to move or delete that's fine
Today I started working for the Florida Dpt of Health through a staffing agency. I'm at the airport right now, along with nurses and national guard, my job is basically waiting for flights from the hot zones (ny,nj,la,etc) and handing them a pamphlet once they get off the airplane explaining covid symptoms and what to do if they experience them and retrieving from them personal information, address, number of people in group, ages, where they are staying that they filled out during thr flight and telling them they need to isolate for 14 days.
My shift is 6:30am to 3:30pm and the first flight coming from a hot zone is at 1:40pm and only 13 people in it
I asked my supervisor if they have an idea on how long they'll be collecting people's info and she said the government told them about 6 months to maybe a year.
They could obviously drop the quarantine requirement but the gathering of info i believe will continue.
Any questions lmk, I'm bored :D

That spike is likely to be more with the 'weekend effect' where there is a spike after a weekend, which is attributed to poorer administration of a weekend. It is very noticeable in most European countries - particularly Sweden for some reason. The overall trend for USA is that it has probably peaked, although isolated states migt not have done yet.

Yes that is most likely the case as it was Easter weekend as well. That is why the trend 3 day or more is the better way to look at it

Yes that is most likely the case as it was Easter weekend as well. That is why the trend 3 day or more is the better way to look at it
I tried using a 3 day, and even 4 day trend, but found that the weekend effect was too big. I have found you need to use a 7 day average to really get a true trend - but then the data you get out of that lags a lot. But if you do use a 7 day trend, and the curve peaks, you can be pretty certain that a region has peaked. USA hasn't yet peaked by that measure, but my feeling is that it probably has peaked in the last couple of days.

The 7 day trend for number of new cases in Florida is now coming down - which is really good news. The 7 day trend for deaths is up still - not surprising, as there is a lag between cases and deaths. But the fact number of new cases is coming down in Florida is what has led me to believe that Florida might just be peaking, and the IHME prediction of another 21 days until the peak in Florida is massively pessimistic.

I don't know what thread to post this or how this affects WDW, so @rteetz if you need to move or delete that's fine
Today I started working for the Florida Dpt of Health through a staffing agency. I'm at the airport right now, along with nurses and national guard, my job is basically waiting for flights from the hot zones (ny,nj,la,etc) and handing them a pamphlet once they get off the airplane explaining covid symptoms and what to do if they experience them and retrieving from them personal information, address, number of people in group, ages, where they are staying that they filled out during thr flight and telling them they need to isolate for 14 days.
My shift is 6:30am to 3:30pm and the first flight coming from a hot zone is at 1:40pm and only 13 people in it
I asked my supervisor if they have an idea on how long they'll be collecting people's info and she said the government told them about 6 months to maybe a year.
They could obviously drop the quarantine requirement but the gathering of info i believe will continue.
Interesting news. If quarantine is still in place in June, then there is no point in opening the parks then.

What about international flights? Are all of those people being asked to quarantine for 14 days as well, or is it just certain countries - if so which? I know people from EU Schengen zone, UK and Ireland are not allowed in but what about other nations?

Also, are they going to be doing any checks to see if people follow those quarantine instructions?

FWIW, according to an expert on this who I work with, quarantining people coming from elsewhere is not much point when the virus is already spreading in the community. But I guess it gives people an additional level of comfort that 'something is being done'. The time for quarantining was when this all first took off weeks ago.

that quarantine part will be a big factor of people coming in...yikes

Is there a list of the areas they are checking for as time goes by that we can follow. We are not in a hot spot now but where our flight connects might be at some point.

Interesting news. If quarantine is still in place in June, then there is no point in opening the parks then.

What about international flights? Are all of those people being asked to quarantine for 14 days as well, or is it just certain countries - if so which? I know people from EU Schengen zone, UK and Ireland are not allowed in but what about other nations?

Also, are they going to be doing any checks to see if people follow those quarantine instructions?

FWIW, according to an expert on this who I work with, quarantining people coming from elsewhere is not much point when the virus is already spreading in the community. But I guess it gives people an additional level of comfort that 'something is being done'. The time for quarantining was when this all first took off weeks ago.

No offense to the poster about the airport notification, glad you are working. But the source of the timeframe is a temporary/staffing company position’s supervisor. While the info is probably correct no need to take that for more than it is.

@yulilin3 different work for you. I find it very interesting. When we fly to MCO it's either Philly or out of NY.
Whenever Florida starts to reopen let alone Disney I wonder how this will effect future travel.
Please stay safe and healthy we need you on these boards and for those of you not aware @yulilin is one with the force when it comes to Galaxy Edge.
Because of her knowledge and Intel this past year my family and others had wonderful experiences.

No offense to the poster about the airport notification, glad you are working. But the source of the timeframe is a temporary/staffing company position’s supervisor. While the info is probably correct no need to take that for more than it is.

If the information is "probably correct", why dump on the source? What does the source matter if it's "probably correct"? People are sharing information that they are given. We can all independently evaluate the sources for ourselves. We don't even know that it came from a a supervisor employed by the temp/staffing agency. The poster just said "supervisor" and is working for the Fl Dept of Health through the staffing agency. For all we know, it came from someone with the gov't agency and not the staffing agency.

Is there a list of the areas they are checking for as time goes by that we can follow. We are not in a hot spot now but where our flight connects might be at some point.
Here in Florida they're monitoring only NY, NJ, LA and a couple of others i forget. No international flights.

None taken. Im also questioning the timeframe, this feels like a huge water off money tbh. We're working with nurses and national guard and we're all given the same timeframe. Like i said they can, at any moment just stop the monitoring, but for now that's our timeframe
I expect the quarantine to drop once the state "reopens" the monitoring might be useful if these visitors end up going to the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter